Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Britains best road?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Britains best road? Empty
PostSubject: Britains best road?   Britains best road? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 10:33 am

im pretty sure i must have found britains best road today in derbyshire, started off really really steep and bendy, followed by miles upon miles of bouncy slightly bendy road, with no traffic on it Very Happy i was very happy :cat:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Britains best road?   Britains best road? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 1:29 pm

heres one guy who wont be driving on my road
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7347339.stm

affraid
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Britains best road?   Britains best road? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 6:07 pm

Best road in Britain? Now there's an interesting question. To be honest i can't think of one although there must be some good un's in Wales or Scotland. As for England I would say Cornwall or Devon, but the 'lack of traffic' criteria would scupper any thoughts of the West Country. Maybe Cumbria, although reckon Derbyshire is as good as you'll get. Some nice stuff around Buxton and Matlock I recall. Any more nominations?

As for the old man, it's okay, he's okay and they were only Porsches ... ugly motors!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Britains best road?   Britains best road? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:58 am

i might be living in buxton for the next three years, my other choice is ambleside im torn between the two affraid confused

amazing how he managed it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Britains best road?   Britains best road? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:42 am

Both lovely places, but personally I'd go for Buxton. Nice though Ambleside is, it's a bit remote and full of tourists! Getting about in the summer can be a real pain, so you'll find yourself doing a lot of night driving just to avoid them. The Peak District on the other hand is a great area driving-wise but is still surrounded by plenty of life not too far away. Most importantly of all the place has Buxton & District Land Rover Club, two members of which did Land Rally last year - The Night Owls and Team T 'n' T (Lu and Tweedie) - both really nice people. Join B&D LRC and you'll have a ready-made good start to a new area.

Besides, Buxton is still within striking distance of your No.1 mechanic ... Keith! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Britains best road?   Britains best road? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 5:22 am

Laughing we are members of the buxton and district land rover club Laughing

we went to a pay and play event at a quarry and joined up but havnt been to anything since as weve either been busy when events are on or pinkys been broken Laughing

i will see what the exam restults from the test i took at ambleside come back as,

mr mechanic keith has enough on with lenny at the moment Laughing its just me and my hammer and gaffa tape,

quick question about billing, ive booked four tickets and have just found that our school prom is on the thursday night, will we still get camping near the landy rally crew?

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Britains best road?   Britains best road? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 5:50 am

Mr K did you phone up billing and sort out my car to escape first thing sunday morning! or is there car parking near by as ive got to get to trent college for about 10 i think and ull be too drunk to drive at that time haha :cyclops:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars

PostSubject: Re: Britains best road?   Britains best road? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 7:49 am

drink Shocked you know me i dont drink Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Britains best road?   Britains best road? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Britains best road?
Page 1 of 1