Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen on the Other side of the world! - Do you know this man?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Seen on the Other side of the world! - Do you know this man? Empty
PostSubject: Seen on the Other side of the world! - Do you know this man?   Seen on the Other side of the world! - Do you know this man? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 2:06 am

hey folks, imagine my surprise, when i opened a copy of NZ4x4 to find this picture staring back at me, recognise anyone??

Seen on the Other side of the world! - Do you know this man? IMG_4671

looks like the folk i the middle are trying to navigate somewhere, presumably somewhere dry with beer, i guess it's as well Tom wasn't navigating, but then again, if there was beer at the end, wouldn't have needed map or compass, just his own sense of beer finding direction!

Whats the real story Tom?

:arrow:
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Seen on the Other side of the world! - Do you know this man?   Seen on the Other side of the world! - Do you know this man? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:55 am

Mmmmmm, thanks mate! Hardly the most flattering of photos is it, a shock to anyone, especially as i definitely look excited about something judging by the state of my shorts!!! Embarassed

Must have been thinking about that bottle of cold Tiger!

As it happens, remember it vividly. Malaysian Rainforest Challenge 2007 last December, just after having been rescued by the Bomba (Fire & Rescue Service) in an inflatable dingy from the rising floodwaters. Previously the same day I had been wading through the floods quite literally right up to my neck as I tip-toed my way across a flooded section of road trying to establish exactly where the road went. All to no avail as the road had been washed away, and so would I were it not for the plasma winch cable tied around my waist linking to Aussie Nissan Patrol of Team Queensland. Figured that however strong the current was, hauling 2 1/2 tons of Patrol into the river was never gonna happen – still pretty dodgy though. Scary yes, but not as scary as that photo!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen on the Other side of the world! - Do you know this man?   Seen on the Other side of the world! - Do you know this man? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:15 am

That is really impressive cheers !!

ive been on the front page of a news paper and on tele in china Laughing

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen on the Other side of the world! - Do you know this man?   Seen on the Other side of the world! - Do you know this man? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen on the Other side of the world! - Do you know this man?
Page 1 of 1