Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELP???? GREEN CARD

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The slow & dirty gang

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-06-17

HELP???? GREEN CARD Empty
PostSubject: HELP???? GREEN CARD   HELP???? GREEN CARD Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 4:02 pm

Sorry to bother you all, i know everyone will be busy preparing for the BIG event (im sooooooooooooooo excited) but ive been trying to sort out this green card thing but i dont really understand, can someone tell me why we need it? Really sorry if this makes me sound stupid (i do admit i sometimes appear that way) but the boys are busy sorting the Land Rover out and im left to sort all these things out, i would appreciate any help asap, cheers Kym (20 more sleeps woo hoo)
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: HELP???? GREEN CARD   HELP???? GREEN CARD Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:54 am

Hi there, to the best of my knowledge a green card is no longer needed. However, it is best to let your insurance company know you will be abroad. Last year, we did not have a green card but I did make sure all drivers of my car were on my policy for a tempory period. Although thet were covered in this country for third party on their own policy they would not be covered fully comp abroad unless they were named drivers.
Best contact your own insurance company just to be on the safe side. Get the best breakdown cover and most importantly have a great time.
Just sorry we won't be making it this year but one can only have so much of a good thing.
Best of luck Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
evo4x4

evo4x4

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: HELP???? GREEN CARD   HELP???? GREEN CARD Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:56 am

Not so sure that a Green Card is needed in this day and age. TPB4x4's ins says, in writing, automatic cover is allowed in the EU for up to 90 days. As far as I can see we will be in the EU throughout and for no where near 90 days (well, that's the plan)
Back to top Go down
http://www.croatianholidays.eu
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: HELP???? GREEN CARD   HELP???? GREEN CARD Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 3:10 pm

I phoned my insurance brokers to let them know I would be driving on the Continent, they asked in which countries I was would driving, I reeled off the list of the 10 countries, they said no problem. Seems it can be a problem in Eastern Europe and beyond, but in Central Europe it's not an issue ... and no Green Card.

Piece of cake! cheers
Back to top Go down
tpb4x4

tpb4x4

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: HELP???? GREEN CARD   HELP???? GREEN CARD Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:57 pm

Best thing to do is to also check on the back of ur Ins Certificate...it notmally states the green card info on there Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mac4x4challenge.co.uk
The slow & dirty gang

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: HELP???? GREEN CARD   HELP???? GREEN CARD Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:30 am

cheers for the info, one down approx 3 million other problems to sort before we go........
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: HELP???? GREEN CARD   HELP???? GREEN CARD Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:53 pm

Join the club!
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: HELP???? GREEN CARD   HELP???? GREEN CARD Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:00 pm

It just gets easier. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP???? GREEN CARD   HELP???? GREEN CARD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP???? GREEN CARD
Page 1 of 1