Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

On a scale of 1 to 10.....

Go down 
+6
Crazy~Johno
The slow & dirty gang
Tom Mc
Badger
Monstar - Sylvia
Lady V
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady V

Lady V

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-06-09

On a scale of 1 to 10..... Empty
PostSubject: On a scale of 1 to 10.....   On a scale of 1 to 10..... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:40 pm

HOW EXCITED ARE WE?????

16 days to go and as Kym says...only 17 sleeps before we're off (technically 18 but i'll be too excited the night before!!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On a scale of 1 to 10.....   On a scale of 1 to 10..... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:50 pm

only 13 sleeps for us cheers

im very excited but very worried at the same time as theres still a hell of alot to do pale
study study study
Back to top Go down
Monstar - Sylvia

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: On a scale of 1 to 10.....   On a scale of 1 to 10..... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Kieran - your worried ??
At least Pinky is working again bounce

For the past two weeks I've been trying to work out how to get 6 into a Disco ! No

We've still got loads to do but am getting quite excited about it now even though its not our first time as we went last year. and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone - always assuming we get to the campsites before midnight this time !

Sylvia
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: On a scale of 1 to 10.....   On a scale of 1 to 10..... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:08 pm

about 9

but i have to get the truck fixed first and get an MOT and some tyres.

lets hope it is enough sleeps for the parts to arrive!

oh and there is awhole heap of packing to do - and i need to buy a new tent

and then there are roadbooks to produce and scrutineering sheets and new toner for the printer and a new laptop and and and

oh heck - suspect it would be ok if i did not have to go to work aswell...
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925

PostSubject: Re: On a scale of 1 to 10.....   On a scale of 1 to 10..... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:53 pm

Thanks for the ever so subtle hint about the scrutineering sheets, I'm on to it. Question is where was that file - on my laptop or yours?

You lot are concerned? I still have two events to run before the off!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
The slow & dirty gang

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: On a scale of 1 to 10.....   On a scale of 1 to 10..... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:19 am

I am sooooooooooooooo excited, feel like a kid at christmas!!!!!
15 sleeps till we leave for Calais......
And through all this excitement I have once again flooded the bathroom/kitchen, started to run the bath went out to walk the dogs ( came back after an hour and a half) and the indoor water feature was fantastic!!!
Im also really worried coz you all keep mentioning how much there is to do before THE BIG DAY, and i know there really is loads to do but you are making me panic ever so slightly!!!!!!
So please for my sake someone give me a run down of what i should be having a panic attack about, coz ive got me clean knickers and ive got me hair straighteners so i reckon im fine ha ha ha
see u all soon, i mean really really soon, luv kym xx
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: On a scale of 1 to 10.....   On a scale of 1 to 10..... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:24 am

we have a leak....

497/10 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

we might be there... we have had pinky moving today but a large leak appeared out of the bottom of the gear box pale pale pale pale pale

Last edited by Crazy~Johno on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese)
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925

PostSubject: Re: On a scale of 1 to 10.....   On a scale of 1 to 10..... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:02 pm

Chill out Winston!!! Just keep doing what you're doing Kym, all except the waterworks that is! You will get there in the end, you/we/I somehow always do. One thing is for sure, you will at some point say ... "if only we could have a couple of more days before the off". Every entrant/participant/competitor in any event says the same, that's the way it is.

Baring a major unforseen disaster (which nobody can do anything about) it will all come good in the end - mark my words.
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: On a scale of 1 to 10.....   On a scale of 1 to 10..... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:03 pm

Trust Tom, did know he is a doctor Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Monstar - Sylvia

PostSubject: Re: On a scale of 1 to 10.....   On a scale of 1 to 10..... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:33 pm

Help

I need a roadmap or two of France !! Everywhere i have tried is out of stock even WHSmith who appeared to have them when I placed the order now seems to have mislaid its stock !!

I also need a gearbox on Pinky to stop leaking oil all over the place. It's making Kieran and Marc a fed up. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: On a scale of 1 to 10.....   On a scale of 1 to 10..... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:28 pm

contact phill

Please contact Phil Mathews direct on.
thebasicroamer@hotmail.com
OR
Phone/Fax: +44 (0)1746 761930 mob: +44 (0)7976 945928 web site: www.thebasicroamer.co.uk
and ask or tell him what ye want regarding the maps.

mention lille ole me please as he sponsers me on the MAC 4X4
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: On a scale of 1 to 10.....   On a scale of 1 to 10..... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:41 pm

There's a tendancy to look at the big list of jobs to do, and panic, at this stage ....

The list of jobs/packing should be:

Essentials
Find all the things mentioned on the rules pages, and fit where required.
Copy passports, licences, MoT, Insurance and V5. Stash securely somewhere other than where you stash the originals (originals locked in truck, copies in with sleeping bags works well).
Check tent is intact, pack.
Check sleeping bag is intact, pack.
Check you are carrying more fluids than you expect the vehicle to leak in 5000 miles.
Check your visa card has at least £1000 left available, and your bank know you may use your card in 10/11/12 countries (ask your bank to put your mobile number in the account notes, too).
Check tyre pressure.
Check European Breakdown cover is valid.
Check mobile phone has european+swiss roaming enabled.
Put keys where you can find them.
Put ferry paperwork where you can find it.
Ensure there is enough fuel in the tank to get to Dover, and another 30 miles.
Test the mobile phone charger.
Pack a spare pair of sunglasses.

That should take a day if you've got a photocopier and phone at work.

Everything else is a "nice to have"

If you have Visa, breakdown cover, a phone, front recovery points and a smile, you can figure everything else out as it happens.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
bofa bill

bofa bill

PostSubject: Re: On a scale of 1 to 10.....   On a scale of 1 to 10..... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:46 pm

OK cool Andy.
I haiv packed all the fluids that one would expect to use in 5000miles.........
WHERE DO WE SIT NOO?
Back to top Go down
loncbt

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: On a scale of 1 to 10.....   On a scale of 1 to 10..... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:53 pm

bofa bill wrote:
OK cool Andy.
I haiv packed all the fluids that one would expect to use in 5000miles.........
WHERE DO WE SIT NOO?

on your Ass you fool!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.swporc.co.uk
bofa bill

bofa bill

PostSubject: Re: On a scale of 1 to 10.....   On a scale of 1 to 10..... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:13 pm

eejit.............

you wait tae ye own a landie, then you will know jist whit ah mean.

engerlish-shire numpty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On a scale of 1 to 10.....   On a scale of 1 to 10..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 3:22 pm

getting more and more excited by the day, all my maps turned up today and i get all of my free spare oils and service parts tomorrow, even had a request for a video diary from the local press to air on their website Very Happy

just waiting for the big yello french map now, amazon were out of stock and bills map mans website was really hard to use and not very helpful so i ended up going to WHS online and ordering and paying for one that was "" in stock "" only to get an email saying their out of stock, i may posibly cancel my request and ring mr basic roamer, how longs he take to deliver? whats it cost for map and delivery? has anyone found anywhere cheaper than this and / or amazon?

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On a scale of 1 to 10.....   On a scale of 1 to 10..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:45 pm

map sorted
cheers tom!!!
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

PostSubject: Re: On a scale of 1 to 10.....   On a scale of 1 to 10..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 7:45 pm

Ah telt ye tae fone him direct ye dope.
If ye haid done that ye wid haiv the mappy be noo.
dozy
Back to top Go down
Monstar - Sylvia

PostSubject: Re: On a scale of 1 to 10.....   On a scale of 1 to 10..... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 4:17 pm

Hi Thanks to Andybloke and Tom for help getting the french maps.

Whilst trawling through a few boring sites about driving abroad, I came across some rules for driving in France including keeping your emergency triangle in easy reach and not packed in the boot !!

Also if like me you need additional help to see clearly ie specs - then you must carry a spare pair with you.

Oh and apparently some French policemen are stopping English vehicles to check that you have the right number of fluoresent jackets and issuing on the spot fines if you dont have them.

lol!

And only 11 sleeps to go !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On a scale of 1 to 10.....   On a scale of 1 to 10..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On a scale of 1 to 10.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Landy Rally :: General Chit Chat-
Jump to: