Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roger Waters, World tour 07,Earls Court London

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
batfink

batfink

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-03-20

Roger Waters, World tour 07,Earls Court London Empty
PostSubject: Roger Waters, World tour 07,Earls Court London   Roger Waters, World tour 07,Earls Court London Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 2:30 pm

O my god what a performance.The best ive seen for a while. The visuals on screen and the pyrotechnics were amasing. There was a very strong contraversual and political message to be herd and seen but pink floyd always did have that edge. But roger on his own has refreshed this piont and up dated it with magnificence(if that makes sence).We had the inflatable pig and an inflatable astronaute floating around the arena. 2 halfs to the gig first was a mix of The wall,Final Cut,Wish You Were Here,Meadle,Saucer Full Of Secrets,and Animals.Followed by the second half the full Dark Side Of The Moon set. What a night never to be forgotten.Are there any fellow floyd fans on the rally with me? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Roger Waters, World tour 07,Earls Court London   Roger Waters, World tour 07,Earls Court London Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 3:07 pm

Hi Batfink,

Yes, my co-driver Andy, he's Floyd nut (that's Pink and not Keith Very Happy ).

There's a pretty good tribute band that's called "perfect alibi", they play at the brook in southampton, sometimes.

Cheers, and all the best, Mark
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Roger Waters, World tour 07,Earls Court London   Roger Waters, World tour 07,Earls Court London Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 3:44 pm

Well, i'm not a massive floyd fan, but (if you've not read it elsewhere) my Disco used to belong to Pink floyd!! i have somewhere a plektrum(sp) which ifi can find, i will bring on the rally to auction for my charity....
(it's not signed or anything, but i found it down the back of the front seat!) :afro:
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
batfink

batfink

PostSubject: Re: Roger Waters, World tour 07,Earls Court London   Roger Waters, World tour 07,Earls Court London Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 7:32 am

I want your disco and the plectrum.you could probably class me as one of the bigest floyd fans about. As i live eat and sleep floyd.I have the crossed hammers and the lyrics of another brick in the wall tattooed on my right shoulder also i have the robotic hands from the wish you were here album under my arm pit witch blends into the rainbow colours from dark side of the moon.Yep it all hurt lots but i love it with a passion.And i want that that plectrum.I realy cant wate to meet you people.Ooo im so excited :queen: :cherry: affraid Twisted Evil :bball: I had to put all these emotions on as my daughters wanted me to! santa
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Floyd - a cure for road rage!   Roger Waters, World tour 07,Earls Court London Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 7:06 am

I usually find myself throwing a floyd cd in when i am driving up the motorway at 7pm on a friday night.

Strange but i just sit in the inside lane and let all the idiots just fight it out to get 2 spots ahead. I felt really cheated at easter when i arrived before the album had finished and just sat in the car for 10 minutes until it was over.

Oh how i love the M25 and the M40.

Badger.
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Roger Waters, World tour 07,Earls Court London   Roger Waters, World tour 07,Earls Court London Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 10:02 am

Hi there, yes I am a Floyd fan from years ago, Umma Gumma and previous stuff when Sid Barrett was still about. That's what you get for being an old git.
I saw "Perfect Alibi" at Wellington Park last summer and they were very good. If you closed your eyes then it was Pink Floyd. It was part of a show where "The Bootlegg Beatles" were playing. Having never seen the Beatles live (I'm too young Laughing ) members of Perfect Alibi hung around to watch them and they were really "grooving it" lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
batfink

batfink

PostSubject: Re: Roger Waters, World tour 07,Earls Court London   Roger Waters, World tour 07,Earls Court London Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 1:52 pm

I am quite looking forward to coming through the mountain passes with wish you were here playing.And thinking about family and friends back in england.Well that is if i dont have anything else on my mind like a hangover or a sheer drop or even both affraid
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Roger Waters, World tour 07,Earls Court London   Roger Waters, World tour 07,Earls Court London Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 11:57 am

Hang over, sheer drop, WHOOPS Not a good plan but I am sure there will be plenty of us in that condition :|
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roger Waters, World tour 07,Earls Court London   Roger Waters, World tour 07,Earls Court London Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roger Waters, World tour 07,Earls Court London
Page 1 of 1