Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam

Go down 
+3
LuckyTrucker
Tom Mc
kaya
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kaya

kaya

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-04-23

No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Empty
PostSubject: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 4:42 am

Finally its done! 'cheers' It is not so easy to please all the future sponsors.
Officially here we will go as the Sa-Ro Landy Rally Racing Team.
No need to reintroduce, just wanted to let you know.
See you at Billing hopefully.'lol!'
Cheers, Kaya
Back to top Go down
http://www.chiusino.info
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 6:09 am

affraid Just one little problem Kaya, it is not a race! affraid

I, in fact WE all have to be extremely careful not to attract attention from the authorities (i.e. police, motorsport governing bodies, insurance companies, etc.) by calling a "race". To call it a 'Rally' is okay as this term is used for everything from caravan rallies to static classic car rallies whereby they simply display their cars on a club stand and don't even move all weekend.

When I describe Landy Rally I say it is a 'non-speed competitive drive', a 'glorified treasure hunt' if you like, anything but a "race". This way everyone whether entrants and outsiders (the authorities) are under no illusions about the event, because we don't want it turning into some sort of Gumball Rally ... ours is the complete opposite!

This is the point - IT IS NOT A SPEED EVENT - so could you drop the 'racing' part of the team name to become:-

Sa-Ro Landy Rally Team

or

Sa-Ro Landy Rally Events Team

Thanks!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
kaya

kaya

PostSubject: Re   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 7:02 am

Well I liked the rolling Rs 'Embarassed' 'No'
Will come up with something apropriate by tonight 'Sleep' 'Evil or Very Mad'
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 1:54 pm

What do you mean Tom not a race. The title is Landy Gumball Rally Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
kaya

kaya

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 2:37 pm

'drunken'':rabbit:'
thus sall it be:
Sa-Ro Landy Rock'a Rally Team

Or is this still too fast? 'scratch' 'scratch' 'scratch'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 2:57 pm

hello from us Monstars i never did say hello before,

welcome anyhow Laughing

kieran

Monstar affraid
Back to top Go down
kaya

kaya

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 3:18 pm

Hello to You here too! Good to see you soon
'affraid' 'Twisted Evil'
Back to top Go down
batfink

batfink

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 3:49 pm

Ahoy there welcome.What dose the Sa-Ro stand for,and i do like the most recent team name,it sutes a landy more than RACING. Unless u have a V6 or V8 power plant your not realy racing anywhere with a landy lol!
Back to top Go down
batfink

batfink

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 3:54 pm

Sorry i didnt introduce my self or the team. Fred & Wes,team SELSEY SHARKS
Back to top Go down
kaya

kaya

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 4:07 pm

Heyho batfink Wink ,

Sassofortino is the village next over. Roccatederighi is our's.
Football team 's called SassoRocca and we are collecting for Media/Educative things for kindergarden and primary.
Back to top Go down
batfink

batfink

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 4:12 pm

[b]Super stuff. Ooo im quite excited to actualy talk to someone online have been on here quite a while and this is a first? We are rasing money for cystic fybroses. cheers
Back to top Go down
kaya

kaya

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 4:16 pm

"cystic fybroses" hell's that?
Back to top Go down
batfink

batfink

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 4:21 pm

It is disease where the lungs over produce mucous and the digestive system fails. people with it have a life expectancy of approx 25-30yrs.also there is no cure! Sad
Back to top Go down
batfink

batfink

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 4:34 pm

Right time for bed,I have that thing called work in the morning.Dam always gets in the way of the fun things in life.Ho Hum
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 11:50 pm

Welcome from team Land Rovers and wine!

From Italy, hey, love IL Tesoro Chianti! bounce Razz

cheers and see you in September!
Best regards,
Mark
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 6:09 pm

Just to make you all feel really jealous, Kaya has just set off for a little jaunt around Morocco. That and the Landy Rally all in one year, now there's one person practising what they preach - ONE LIFE LIVE IT.
Back to top Go down
fishmac

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-04-24

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 2:13 pm

Just to make you all feel really relieved : the chances of winning have grown
considerably as I am out of the Landy Rally for reasons beyond human
influence. IŽll keep my eye on this forum nevertheless and make sure
Kieran gets his share of slippery french country roads. And the CB/ Italy matter is not forgotten, either.

THE fishmac
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 2:50 pm

Hi Fishmac,

Very sorry to hear your news!

All the best, Mark
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 2:51 pm

Hi Kaya,

Have a great trip! And see you in France!

All the best, Mark
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 4:33 pm

many thanks fish mac,
i was looking forward to meeting you Shocked

good luck with any future landy expeditions

CHEERS :!: :!: :!:

Kieran

Monstar affraid
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 10:43 pm

Yep, that's a real shame as '"fishmac the Scot" sure seems an interesting bloke.

Still, looking at the situation in a positive manner, Kaya's new co-driver is Swiss, so swapping one 'foreign' navigator for another. Razz
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 1:29 am

Fishmac,

sorry to hear the news, was looking forward to meeting a man seemingly so well connected with the answers to lifes annoying questions!
Hope what evergoes well for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
kaya

kaya

PostSubject: Bach home   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 3:43 am

Hello all,
we just got back from Morocco a few days ago and we all had a real blast. Great landscapes, great people and great but tireing off-roading. We made about 4.500 km (that tops the Rally, doesn't it) but somtimes drove 170km in 8 hrs. Though we had the roof tent with us, we used it only once due to the lack of shade and the cheap comfort of the so called Riads and Kashbahs. The boys - 4+6 - were optimal travelmates. The rougher the pists got with corrugation, the mor at home they felt. No contact-fear with the locals nor with the new culture.
We met hardly any tourists and no european 4x4s at all which was also very nice.
Now I'll have to sort out 780 pics and 7hrs of film. Maybe I can get a little presentation together for one of the evenings.

P.S. I will be driving from Knighton/wales to Dover around the 6/7. of August. Anyone live along that route and willing to have a drink?

Cheers, Kaya
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 3:50 am

Hi Kaya,
Welcome back!
Wow that sounds great, i'd love to see some of your pics one evening, would be good to see it.

Depending on your route from Wales to Dover, i'm in Reading, J.11 or 10 M4, and Lucky Trucker is along this way as well.

I'd be up for a drink if your passing, so long as i'm not at work!

:arrow:
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
CarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 9:06 am

What a fantastic journey!

Love to hear more, looking forward to meeting in france.
All the best, Mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam   No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No More Unnamed: now the Sa-Ro LRRTeam
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Landy Rally :: Teams & Crews-
Jump to: