Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jap 'n' Jeep Jam

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Jap 'n' Jeep Jam Empty
PostSubject: Jap 'n' Jeep Jam   Jap 'n' Jeep Jam Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 3:45 am

Just realised, I haven't entered my own event on here!!! Dohhhhhhh geek

Jap 'n' Jeep Jam is coming up this weekend 4th-5th July 2009 at Sibbertoft 4x4 Centre, Welford Road, Leicestershire LE16 9UJ. Located alongside a glider club, the exact location is 6 miles east of junction 20, M1, 2 miles SE of Husband’s Bosworth, 3 miles SW of Market Harborough.

The first ever event of its type in the UK, Jap ‘n’ Jeep Jam welcomes all makes of 4x4 from Japan, Korea and the USA, including vehicles with Japanese origins such as Vauxhall Fronteras and Ford Mavericks.

Although more of a camping weeked rather than an out and out show, the weekend’s activities still include a trade and autojumble area, club display stands, street monster trucks, ‘gymkhana’ type vehicular entertainment where drivers can actually participate in rather than just watch, plus children’s amusements.

The event highlight will be an off-road course especially adapted for novice off-road drivers, hence the family 4x4 can be driven quite safely without fear of damage to your pride and joy! Cost is only £15 play-all-day with unique time-slots to avoid congestion.

Sensible recession-busting costs also feature with adult day admission 10am-4pm @ only £5 (children under 16 yrs FREE) plus optional overnight camping with a beer tent Friday & Saturday nights @ just £8 per caravan, motorhome or any size tent (any number of persons).

That said, if any Landy Rally folk want to turn up and lend a hand with a spot of Marshalling, entry/camping will be totally free. In fact I'll throw in the beers as well!

And if you're thinking ... "but I run a Landy, not a Jap/Jeep 4x4", interestingly, the only Land Rovers on site will be those owned by the Officials/Marshals/Traders as all the rest will be Jeeps and Jap 4x4's.

Clubs booked to date:-

Humber-Yorks 4x4 Response
Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK
Jap 4x4 Club of Great Britain
Jeep Club
Legal Street Monsters (mini-monster trucks)
Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club
Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club
Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club
Suzuki 4U
Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club (UK)

There's more but you'll see them on the day.
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Jap 'n' Jeep Jam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jap 'n' Jeep Jam   Jap 'n' Jeep Jam Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 5:48 am

Well my head is still in one piece, despite having a scalpel taken to it last week at the Hospital, so its full steam ahead to Jap 'n Jeep Jam!! Stiches out on Friday morning.... Sibbertoft Friday afternoon... Tent up Friday evening!

At least thats the plan today!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Jap 'n' Jeep Jam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jap 'n' Jeep Jam   Jap 'n' Jeep Jam Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:09 am

cheers To the fact that after your full frontal labotamy you're still with us!

cheers To the fact you'll be at Jap 'n' Jeep Jam!

Result all 'round then.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Jap 'n' Jeep Jam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jap 'n' Jeep Jam   Jap 'n' Jeep Jam Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:22 am

So, going to have these ‘gymkhana’ type games - Jap owners aginst Jeep owners. There's bound to be a competitive edge with these two groups against each other. For example trailer-reversing, blindfold drive, etc.

Andy (apd2000 on this forum) from LR`07 is also bringing along his tug o' war rope. Collectively it should all should all make for some decent area entertainment.

Know of any unusual 'car games' we could do?
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Jap 'n' Jeep Jam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jap 'n' Jeep Jam   Jap 'n' Jeep Jam Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 4:06 am

Dont know any rules or criteria... but what about "How Springy?"

Perhaps drop them from a great height????
Very Happy

...maybe Ive got the wrong idea!?!?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Jap 'n' Jeep Jam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jap 'n' Jeep Jam   Jap 'n' Jeep Jam Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:13 pm

Err, no. We're looking at vertical fun here, don't think we are into that! Horizonital YES.

Tell you Jon, lots of phone calls and interest, so should be a good weekend. First time event I know but I believe we're on to a winner here. Then again I've been saying that since 1997 ... one day it will happen.

Tom - forever the optimist!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Jap 'n' Jeep Jam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jap 'n' Jeep Jam   Jap 'n' Jeep Jam Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:13 am

As posted on www.japnjeepjam.com -

Clubs and 4x4 groups attending Jap 'n' Jeep Jam
(either with an official Club Display Stand or simply individual members representing their groups)

Hilux Pickup Owners Club
Hilux Surf & 4Runner Club
Humber-Yorks 4x4 Response
Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK
Jap 4x4 Club of Great Britain
J33P Jeep Adventure Club
Jeep Club
Jeepey.co.uk “No Limits Jeep Club”
Legal Street Monsters
Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club
Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club
Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club
Nissan 4WD Club
RockzN'Rutz
Suzuki 4U
Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club (UK)

The "Legal Street Monsters" BTW are the jacked-up, mini-monster trucks covered in air-brushed graphics. Should be a good line up. cheers
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

Jap 'n' Jeep Jam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jap 'n' Jeep Jam   Jap 'n' Jeep Jam Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:50 pm

absolutely cracking event, seemed to be very popular as well for a first time run. the arena events were very good even if i did manage to get the slowest time with a trailer haha

who won in the end jap or jeep?? jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Jap 'n' Jeep Jam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jap 'n' Jeep Jam   Jap 'n' Jeep Jam Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 3:50 pm

Jap by a country mile. Just as well your feeble effort wasn’t the deciding result!!! Meooooooooowwwwww!!!!!

As it happens, the Jap team won every event except for a junior game, but no idea what it was.

Tongue-in-cheek complaints from the Jeep mob led us to believe that loads of their crowd were scheduled for another event in Wales the same weekend, so they couldn't possibly compete on equal terms. Hello! They had exactly the same number of competitors in the games as the Jap owners, hence it was a level playing field. That said, the Jeep team were only just pipped at the post by the smallest of margins in several of the disciplines that Badger and Dr. Evil had cunningly devised. Could have been so much closer – but it wasn’t! That’s life. Hopefully next year the Jeep lads/lasses with be there in force. Revenge is sweet they say, we’ll see.

Have to say I was really pleased about how the weekend went. Thanks to my volunteers – Ty, Ivan and Paul (the Ugly Sisters), Dr.Evil & Badger (the Gruesome Twosome), and Kieran (well it’s Kieran – say no more) who amazingly didn't manage to burn down the event office (the fact it was metal speaks volumes) + Jon of VentureOverland and Jan at CB Shack for supporting the event. Same goes for all the clubs that turned up, but no use naming them here as most of you won’t know them personally.

Glad you enjoyed it Marc/Manda, good to see you.

GREAT WEEKEND … THANKS TO ONE AND ALL. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jap 'n' Jeep Jam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jap 'n' Jeep Jam   Jap 'n' Jeep Jam Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jap 'n' Jeep Jam
Page 1 of 1