Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad? Empty
PostSubject: Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad?   Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 1:34 pm

hello,

on july the 1st i am running the Mansfield half marathon Shocked all 13 miles of it Shocked and instead of raising money for one of the random charitys they say im spost to, i am going to raise the money along with the Landy Rally money.

for the event i would like to wear a landy rally t-shirt to promote the event is there any t-shirts made up ?

Cheers Kieran

Monstar affraid
Back to top Go down
Lee

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad?   Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 3:41 pm

Hi there, I own Custom Vinyl and unless Tom has something sorted out already, we'll be able to help with t-shirts.

Lee
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad?   Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad? Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 1:07 pm

We'll sort you out with a t-shirt Kieran - Lee, I'll phone you about this ASAP.

BTW ... all in a good cause I know, but YES you're barking!
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad?   Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad? Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 1:33 pm

Best of luck Kieran!

If you need a support vehicle, just let me know! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad?   Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad? Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 1:52 pm

Yeah Good luck kieran, you must be mad!! jocolor geek Mad
How many hills are there for you to come over?

Best of luck though mate, if need a medic, give us a shout....!

I presume you know the trick about surgical spirt for you feet for a few days before the event??
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad?   Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad? Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 2:14 pm

thats the stuff that hardens your feet isnt it?

i will probly need a support vehicle and an ambulance Laughing

fotunatly mansfield is mainly flat allthough there are some hills

i better get exercising or somthing i havent really done anything in the last 4 monthes lol!

anyone wishes to sponsor its www.justgiving.co.uk/monstar

cheers mad kieran that needs a miricle

affraid affraid affraid affraid Monstar
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad?   Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad? Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 2:43 pm

Yes young matey,

Apply it with some cotton wool or guaze pads (if you can't find any, let me know, i'll stick a pack in the post for you) for a few days before the event, wipe it onto the prone to blister areas of your feet to harden the skin, so less chance of blisters and sores.

Also look very closley at what socks you wear, best ype are the dual layer ones that prevent rubbing.

Little bit far for me to bring a van though, proably outside the governments 8 minutes!!

Get training though!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad?   Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad? Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 5:22 am

Have you heard of "The Killer Mile"? It's held near Stoke-on-Trent. Why run 13 odd miles when you could be totally knackered over only 1 mile? Here follows a quote from one of this year's runners, a young lady from BBC Radio Stoke:-

I came, I saw, I almost ran away, but… I conquered! In 12 minutes and 50 seconds to be exact.

The evening of Thursday 27 April saw about a thousand people climb up to Mow Cop to either take part in, or watch one of the shortest but most painful endurance races: one mile up a brutal bank which, whilst classed as a “Fun Run” is anything but.

Have a butcher's ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/content/articles/2006/04/12/janine_mow_cop_kiler_mile_feature.shtml

Tell you what, if we survive Landy Rally 2007, "The Killer Mile" could collectively be our next target? Mind you, even walking it would be an effort, but achievable. What do you reckon folks?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad?   Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad? Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 9:27 am

im mad enough Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad?   Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad? Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 6:05 pm

hello,
how is the t-shirt coming along? 5 weeks now oh dear lol and ive just ate a curry,

cheers kieran
Monstar
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad?   Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 7:35 am

Kieran - medium or large mate?
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad?   Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 6:59 am

Are you close enough to be that friendly?

I seem to remember that very same comment while in a little two man tent with you last year!!!! Landy boys BEWARE!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad?   Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 9:21 am

what a queation!! although if asking in relation to a McShite meal, or to a beer, always a good question, but one that doesn't need asking!! Large - always. although i guess if thats always the answer, then it's just natural that it will also apply to the clothing too.....think about it!

I'm on the see food diet...... Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad?   Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 11:49 am

im a large Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad?   Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 2:46 pm

Last time I share a tent with you deary, keep nicking the duvet like that! Mad
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad?   Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad? Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 6:36 am

YOU B1TCH TOM :cherry:
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad?   Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad? Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 1:34 pm

Plus next time you'd better not forget your sleeping bag, it was a tight fit but bless, we managed to squeeze into mine. Cosy! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad?   Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Landy Rally T-shirts - am i mad?
Page 1 of 1