Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010

Go down 
+16
chrisandhislandy
bauldrick
Crazy~Johno
DirtyWeekenders
Dean McGuigan
loncbt
Potti
JaytheLandyDriver
intelmental1
The Rally Virgins
Sylvia Johnson
andybloke
JC
Bling 'n' well up 4 it
cadarn
Tom Mc
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 5:40 pm

So let me get this straight - Helen will be sitting in the back and you're saying that "you feel heavy duty springs are on the cards!"

Man you're brave ... or foolhardy. No

My advice, don't go near the kitchen for a while; frying pans, rolling pins, big tall and very hard glass spaghetti jars ...
Back to top Go down
JaytheLandyDriver

JaytheLandyDriver

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 11:14 am

Well Good Evening Ralliers!!! bounce

What a week! I have the new toy with an abundance of repairs and modifications to take on and my boss won't let me take time off to play with the car. (Not a landy owner) so it's all weekends go untill either I get fed up, injured or made single.

Tom, thankyou very much for the invite to the christmas doo but I will be enduring my works christmas party but if there are any other events or other LR drivers up for meeting up for a laning session or the odd tent pitching session in the new year then count me in.

I also have to modify my rear suspension setup to twin dampers because of my ....how do i say?..... Canteen?

I think Im done waffling now. If anyone wants to know about the 110 then just ask. It's my favourite subject at the moment.

Farewell from sunny Colchester for now

Jay.
Back to top Go down
DirtyWeekenders

DirtyWeekenders

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 12:11 pm

Jay,
Welcome to the madhouse!

Are you a member of Essex Land Rover Club yet? A good place to do regular off-road driving and get to know other Landy Drivers. Meetings once a month at various locations, and green-laning and pub meets are also organised.
Visit www.elrc.info to see details

You are welcome to go to an event just to see whether you like it or not, they are quite a friendly bunch.

(Un)fortunately, DirtyWeekenders won't be there for the next few meetings, as we will both be in Germany, but you are bound to meet some other members if you phone the organisers to get the address of the next meeting.

Maybe if you join, we can get some other members of the club interested for next year!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:54 pm

Shame about the Christmas do Jay, but no problem, we’ll meet up soon enough no doubt.

As it happens I was going to mention about Essex LRC, but I had a sneaky feeling the Dirties would fill you in with details - they didn't disappoint.

Roofrack, awning and decent tyres already I see. Nice colour as well. I would suggest that as your preparation continues, you post in the YOUR WHEELS section of the forum any questions, advice wanted, etc. about your new plaything, for there is a wealth of knowledge out there and I’m sure other teams will be only too happy to point you in the right direction. Have fun!
Back to top Go down
DirtyWeekenders

DirtyWeekenders

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 4:40 am

Tom Mc wrote:

As it happens I was going to mention about Essex LRC, but I had a sneaky feeling the Dirties would fill you in with details - they didn't disappoint.

We never disappoint Wink
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 4:38 pm

well me and Amanda would certainly be up for the challenge (me for the 4th time and Manda for the 2nd) in the Frontera, just need to get manda through her driving test and well be away Very Happy:P :afro: :afro:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 4:00 pm

Nice, a lot of former landyrallyers are likely to join up again.
Proves to be an event you'll neverr forget.
And an experience to have more than once
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 12:43 pm

You just want to win it again so you construct a rock-crawling course in your back garden.

Here, just thought Jaap ... have the local authorities desginated your 18kg trophy as "the only mountain in Holland"? Razz
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 1:54 pm

Mmm, the local authorities are still unaware of this very heavy load on soft soil. Mind you, you teached us to smuggle !!

Off coarse I want to win again. Was a very nice feeling, some you like every day Laughing Laughing Laughing
Besides there are still some nasty corners in the house that could do with a little orange lighting
Back to top Go down
bauldrick

bauldrick

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:36 am

hi . friends of mine have told me they will come along to join in . Brian and Hazel . 300 tdi shiney disco , he used to compete in winch challenges with me so i know he knows the ropes , cable ect , still working on his teem name and photos to follow if i can figure out how to do that , ( tom help ) . cheers David
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:58 pm

That'es great news, only that's not his "shiney disco" in the avater photo parked under your beast is it?

What do you need to know about photos - posting them on the forum? Andybloke or Marc will fill you in on that. I'm less than useless as I managed it once, then promptly forgot how to do it when trying again a couple of days later.

As for a team name, I'm good at advising with them. Brian, Hazel and youself need to get down the pub, have a good session, and hey presto ... instant team name. Simples! cheers
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: posting pictures   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:35 pm

Copy of Andy's posting ( in general chat)

Andybloke's Posting Photos Howto for teams with their own websites:
Put the photo file on your team website, and view it in a web browser. The picture does not need to appear in any of the pages on your website, it just needs uploading to the same place as your website.
Select and "copy" the complete web address of the photo.
Start writing your post on the forum in a different window or tab of your browser.
Click "Image"
Paste the address of the photo.
Click "Image *"

You end up with something like this:

Use the 'preview' button to check it works.

You can also use flickr, tinypic.com and some other online photo hosting sites.

alternatively (2):

If you're really stuck, you can mail Andy pics and I'll send you a link you can paste into a post. PM me if you don't have my address.

Thanks for borrowing it Andy
Back to top Go down
bauldrick

bauldrick

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:39 pm

ah down the pub for a good session . we both run pubs so that's not a problem son , ta
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Both pubowners?
My copilot too,
Anymore?
Will be fun then, all entertainers
Cheers
Back to top Go down
chrisandhislandy

chrisandhislandy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:37 am

hi new to this im only 15 me mum and dad brought me a 90 which we have done up and is being used in shows next year i am thinking of doing the landy rally in 2010 i should be able to get a couple of mates to form a team but was wondering if its wise to let my dad drive the whole way i mean on roads and then i jump in offroad... cheers chris Very Happy

Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Chris_landy

Last edited by andybloke on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Resized picture)
Back to top Go down
http://www.customkontrollerz.co.nr
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 5:54 am

Hi Chris and welcome aboard

The people you need to talk to are Kieran (Firestarter) and Kieth (DitchDiver). They had similar thoughts before the 1st Lnady Rally but Kieran was a couple of years older and Kieth basically drove the whole way.

You do need to be careful as many "driving laws" apply off-road....as much of the route will be public "roads" rather than closed events.

Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:04 am

Don't worry Mark. Advice has been coming from all corners, so he's sorted now. Time for an offical welcome methinks:-

Chris (and Dad) ... welcome to the funny farm! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
chrisandhislandy

chrisandhislandy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:09 am

LOL
Laughing
CHEERS FOR THE WELCOME cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.customkontrollerz.co.nr
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:14 am

BE PREPARED
Anything thet can go wrong, will go wrong
That makes the fun
Back to top Go down
skontkow

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi everyone

just thought i would introduce myself, and say that you can all count me in for the landy rally 2010 been looking forward to taking part in a mass event sicne i got my landie.
have got a co driver but no team name as yet, and am slowly altering my landie.

cheers
shahab kontkowski (shabs)
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:45 pm

Hi
Welcome
Looking forward to meet you.
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:14 pm

Hi

Welcome to the Landy Rally Club. Look forward to meeting up with you.

Which end of the country are you located ?
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 8:23 pm

Hi Shabs ... another official welcome! bounce bounce bounce

Come on then, spill the beans ...

Location?

Vehicle?

Where did you hear about the event?

Do you want to meet your future partner on Landy Rally, get hitched and have loads of babies? affraid
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:06 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Do you want to meet your future partner on Landy Rally, get hitched and have loads of babies? affraid

Introducing Tom's latest venture;
McGuigan's Muddy Matchmaking, Marriage, Maternity and Motorsport Ltd.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:59 am

welcome cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010   Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next