Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dates for Landy Rally 2010

Go down 
+7
TonySLROC
Captain Chaos
loncbt
Bling 'n' well up 4 it
Sylvia Johnson
Crazy~Johno
Tom Mc
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Dates for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dates for Landy Rally 2010   Dates for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 5:57 pm

[quoteDon't bother listing all the other pages that have the old date ... I know. It's on the to-do list.[/quote]

Ooops has someone said something to upset Andy bloke ?

If its me then sorry.

I only wanted to confirm the dates to book my holidays from work Whenever I put my holidays in everyone else always wants the same time off so I'd wanted to get them booked first and even then it still caused an argument ! affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Dan White

Dan White

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Dates for Landy Rally 2010   Dates for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 3:05 pm

BAH!

Both Myself, and hopefully Nessie (if I can get cheap shipping) will be in the Falkland Islands until October! Nevermind, 2011 it is then....unless LR 2010 is doing a South America Leg?! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dates for Landy Rally 2010   Dates for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 3:46 pm

be about a thousand pounds i should think unless you can squeeze it onto an amry ship Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Dates for Landy Rally 2010   Dates for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:15 pm

Hi Dan! Seems you're fated not to do Landy Rally. Never mind, it'll be all the sweeter when you do. cheers

No plans of a South American leg yet, but then if we get shot at like they did on the Dakar, then you never know. If you recall they had to shift the entire event from Africa to South America when there was talk of kidnap and ransom in West Africa. Don't think Andorra's got quite the same level of fanaticism, the Andorrians are far too pissed on all the cheap booze to bother about a bunch of 4x4 nuts passing their way.

Enjoy the off-roading in the Falklands, a healthy Land Rover club there I hear.

Cheers mate!!!
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Dates for Landy Rally 2010   Dates for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 12:20 am

Hi Dan,

How long are you back in this country ? If your here for Christmas how about doing Landy Rally Christmas party the weekend before ?
Back to top Go down
Dan White

Dan White

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Dates for Landy Rally 2010   Dates for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:11 am

Again, I'd love to, but I've just had 2 weeks off, and I'm back to work Wednesday and not home again till the 23rd!

I change ships in April, so i should have a longer bit of time off then so i'm looking at a morocco and western sahara coast/surfing trip or similar instead next year!

But then in April I'll be loading Nessie onto a re-supply ship and hopefully collecting her 4 weeks and 8,500 miles later, and then the whole thing in reverse in October! I've heard differing reports on costs too, anything from a packet of Hobnobs up to a grand so i'll be researching over the next few months!

You're right on the LR scene there too tom, its got to be the highest People:Landrover:Penguin ratio in the world down there!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Dates for Landy Rally 2010   Dates for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 8:14 pm

Off to pppppppick-up a penguin then?

31 X 15.50 X 15 Avon Treadlite tyres, that's what you're gonna need down there. Your 110 will sink without trace otherwise, but being an old salty you'd know that already. Laughing

So you're joining the great oil rush are you? If that comes about as forecast reckon you and the lads will have a few more deployments in the South Atlantic.
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Dates for Landy Rally 2010   Dates for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 8:28 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Mmmmm - did ask AB to replace that with new the dates, twice if I recall! Another reminder methinks.

11th - 19th September 2010. Reckon my RR camper will be ready by then?

After having a quick browse at the 'events to plan for' page in Jan LROI I noticed that the 2010 Landy Rally is dated for Sept 18-26.

That's quite handy then Tom 'cos if your camper isn't ready by the 11th of Sept it may just be ready in time for the next Landy Rally the following week!!!!!
lol!

Let's hope you haven't taken any non-returnable deposits based on the magazine info!

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Dates for Landy Rally 2010   Dates for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 12:28 pm

They've been guessing again. Merci, I shall get on to it pronto!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dates for Landy Rally 2010   Dates for Landy Rally 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dates for Landy Rally 2010
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2