Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mudmachines Bonfire Bash - 7th November 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Mudmachines Bonfire Bash - 7th November 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Mudmachines Bonfire Bash - 7th November 2009   Mudmachines Bonfire Bash - 7th November 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:54 am

Just found the following event on a 4x4 forum. Wish I'd found it sooner as I would have entered a Landy Rally Club team ... next year for sure!

Personally, not only does it sound like a great event for a good cause, importantly it’s low cost entertainment (something to be commended these days) being organised by bunch of 4x4 enthusiasts who are just like you and me, so I reckon it’s an event that fellow 4x4 owners should support.

I will be checking it out on the 7th - anyone want to join me?

Back for the 2nd year, we are pleased to announce that the Mudmachines Bonfire Bash will take place on Saturday the 7th November 2009 at Top O'th Croft Farm, Norden, Rochdale, OL12 7TB

Guaranteed to be bigger and better than any bonfire you've been too before!

This year we've been planning for months and experimenting all summer! We now have several different events for you to watch and take part in, culminating in the usual enormous bonfire & massive fireworks display.

As well as extreme events for off-road 4x4's we are hoping to rope in 10 local businesses to sponsor teams to take part in a charity competition. Each will enter a team of 5 people who will take part in the Mudmachines krypton factor assault course club challenge! This will include a 150ft zip line, tight ropes, monkey ropes, 75ft kayak run & much more.. All very entertaining and guaranteed to be amusing!!

As well as much improved facilities, there will be hot & cold food and drinks available all day.

Daytime .....

Challenge Truck Extreme Hill Climb
Axle Twist Off
Interclub Assault Course Competition
Challenge Truck Winch Trophy
Dead-Pull (Land Rovers)
Kids Entertainment Including Bouncy Castle & Tug of War

Evening ...

Raffle Prize Draw
Purpose Built Draught Bar
Live band - 'JUKE BOX MAMA' - A Professional 4 Piece Covers Band
DJ
Several Thousand Pound Fireworks Display

As we go from strength to strength and the party’s get bigger, so too do the costs. To that end this year we have decided to charge tickets at £5 per person with under 12's free.

If you came last year I’m sure you will agree this is a small price to pay for what will no doubt be an awesome night.

Confirmed Teams:-

HSBC Rochdale
BMS Superfactors Ltd
Steve Parker Land Rover
H.Bell & Sons Ltd
Spring Court Auto & Motorcycle Centre
Wildbloods of Norden
Crystal Clear Car Valeting
Joe Sharp International Spedition

The whole day is aimed at raising money (and having a good laugh of course) for Springhill Hospice, all of the above mentioned businesses who have entered the club challenge have all kindly donated £100 per team to enter, and HSBC have agreed to double our total amount raised on the day!

http://www.mudmachines.co.uk Tickets via John: 07974 565469
Back to top Go down

Mudmachines Bonfire Bash - 7th November 2009
Page 1 of 1