Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008 Empty
PostSubject: CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008   CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 3:04 pm

Now, I know you are all into raising monnies for charity but here is the big one. Thames Valley 4x4 Club are hosting a "Special Children in Need Day" at their home site of Oxley's Shaw near Reading Berks. Last year we raise over £1.500, we would like to exceed this figure.
The day will consist of a fun punch hunt where fines will be imposed for trivial things, like being too muddy or not muddy enough. Not getting enough punches or getting too many, flash gits.
All profits to Children in Need and of course anything that is raised on the day.

All details to be found on the web-site below.
Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

PostSubject: Re: CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008   CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 12:21 pm

OK since I posted this there have been developments bounce
We have had a very kind offer from Rhino Ray, you possibly don't know him but he is very big in the Suzuki world. He builds, modifies 4x4's of all sorts. He will be bringing along "Rhino Foot" a Hi Lux chassied Suzuki with LARGE tyres. For a donation to Children in Need he will take you out for a ride and for a larger donation he may even let you drive it affraid
Ray has sold his reverse steer Suzuki but he has spoken to the new owner and the new owner has aggreed to let us have that as well bounce
Is there anything else we can tempt you with? It is all in a very good cause, there maybe even press coverage.

Check the web site below
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008   CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:50 pm

What a shame this clashes with Landyjumble on the same date, otherwise I'd be the first to join you. As with previous date clashes, that's life I suppose!

Ray's a great guy, so it doesn't surprise me he's helping out. By the way, great pre-event write-up in LRO November issue (page 66) about the Punch Hunt.

Good luck with the fun and games, hope you raise loads of dosh. I'll be there in spirit.
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

PostSubject: Re: CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008   CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:43 am

Thanks for that Tom, sorry it clashes with Landy Jumble. We hope to beat last years £1,500. Yes Ray is a good guy. For the last 2 years we have had the reverse steer Vitara, what a hoot. cheers Kieran will vouch that the reverse steer is mind boggling.
All the best with Landy Jumble.
Back to top Go down
nat_hale

nat_hale

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-10-02

PostSubject: Re: CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008   CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 1:54 pm

LuckyTrucker wrote:
Kieran will vouch that the reverse steer is mind boggling.
Yeah, but its only really mind boggling when you stick a trailer on the back and try reversing through cones, eh Paul?!! Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil

Should be a good weekend, but unfortunately I can't make it Mad Sad

Hope Landy Jumble is a good one Tom - hope to get to one of them sometime too (story of my life I think)!! Laughing

Cheers,
Nat
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008   CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:04 pm

Cheers Nat.

Hey, that's positively evil Paul ... I like it. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008   CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:11 am

affraid yes very mind boggling, its easy at first but then it gently goes off-course and cruch i corrected it like i would a normal car then i get confused and kill all the cones Laughing

dam good fun cheers
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

PostSubject: Re: CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008   CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:28 pm

You didn't kill all the cones Kieran, being a trained first aider, I gave them the kiss of life and even some of them didn't quite die affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008   CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHILDREN IN NEED NOVEMBER 2ND 2008
Page 1 of 1