Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unsure what vehicle to use?

Go down 
+3
cadarn
Tom Mc
intelmental1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
intelmental1

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Unsure what vehicle to use? Empty
PostSubject: Unsure what vehicle to use?   Unsure what vehicle to use? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:38 pm

You need this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ex-RAF-Range-Rover-Fire-Engine_W0QQitemZ180451855423QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item2a03c4cc3f

Unsure what vehicle to use? Firey
Back to top Go down
http://www.intelmental.co.uk/
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Unsure what vehicle to use?   Unsure what vehicle to use? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Ooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Darn, just had a 'trouser accident'. Embarassed

That 6x6 would be great for you, you'd be able to have a map not just of Europe but of the entire Northern Hemisphere! Love those graphics on your 90, you got a piccie you can post so we can be reminded of that great artwork?
Back to top Go down
intelmental1

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Unsure what vehicle to use?   Unsure what vehicle to use? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 6:55 pm

Unsure what vehicle to use? 31248695
Back to top Go down
http://www.intelmental.co.uk/
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Unsure what vehicle to use?   Unsure what vehicle to use? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:12 am

That's a very nice one LOVE IT

Heard anything from your friend yet Tom?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Unsure what vehicle to use?   Unsure what vehicle to use? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 6:44 pm

I've got no friends. Crying or Very sad

Oh, the 6x6 Range Rover fire engine we talked about before Christmas? Good point. He hasn't got back to me about it and since then I completely forgot about it. I will text him tomorrow to see what's happening. Will let you know.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Unsure what vehicle to use?   Unsure what vehicle to use? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 6:52 pm

intelmental1 wrote:
Unsure what vehicle to use? 31248695

In those drab colours and wheels, it really looks menacing that machine ... excellent! cheers
Back to top Go down
chrisandhislandy

chrisandhislandy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Unsure what vehicle to use?   Unsure what vehicle to use? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 1:16 am

nice landy Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.customkontrollerz.co.nr
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Unsure what vehicle to use?   Unsure what vehicle to use? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:48 am

Yours could look equally as good Chris, it's amazing what a few stickers will do ... and a good graphics designer!

My advice - if you do enter Landy Rally this year, get a local vinyl sticker company on board as a sponsor. It'll save you a good few bob, plus they know loads of local companies who may also be interested in sponsoring you. Approach them by asking, "I was thinking of entering this event in September supporting XXXXXX charity. If I did, would you consider sponsoring us by supplying our vehicle's artwork?" Also let them know you'll be approaching the local/regional newspaper to do a write-up on your team, as a bit of publicity locally is no bad thing. Once you get one local company backing you, it has a snowball effect (no pun intended as the second wave of snow engulfs the UK) as you can then say, so 'n' so company is supporting us, and before you know it more and more want to hop on your bandwagon; it's human nature!

The point is, it's always harder trying to get cash out of companies, whereas supplying products and/or labour is a whole lot easier. In the case of this type of firm, they already have the vinyl sitting on the shelves bought and paid for, so are far more likely to help out as opposed to approaching a national company like Virgin after money. Go see a local vinyl sticker company, you may get a couple of no's at first, but you'll get a yes eventually. When you do, that'll be the stepping stone to getting more sponsors, maybe even some with cash. Easy eh?
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Unsure what vehicle to use?   Unsure what vehicle to use? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 12:27 pm

Managed to find the fire engine on ebay the other evening!

Thought it might be the ideal vehicle to follow the "Firestarter" around Europe ! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Unsure what vehicle to use?   Unsure what vehicle to use? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:19 pm

Nah, didn't you know he's completely rewired Pinky, so no more electrical problems. After a appeal from Bernie Ecclestone he's also landed the job of completely rewiring all the Formula 1 cars for the 2010 season, after which he'll be tackling the circuits of the new Airbus. The sky's the limit for young Kieran, personally I reckon NASA beckons!

:pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: ... what's that? Pigs flying past the window!
Back to top Go down
chrisandhislandy

chrisandhislandy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Unsure what vehicle to use?   Unsure what vehicle to use? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:22 pm

cheers for that Tom and yer my dads really good mates with a pro sign gezza called mark Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.customkontrollerz.co.nr
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Unsure what vehicle to use?   Unsure what vehicle to use? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 5:17 pm

The wiring is working so well that the battery is permanently flat (things magically switch themselves on now !)so if its a race to get there first I'm going to win as Kieran will still be on the starting blocks ! Anyone got some jump leads ?? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

P.S. Pinky's resident ghost is having a laugh ! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unsure what vehicle to use?   Unsure what vehicle to use? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:22 am

haha yeah but who made it to the end ? with very little problems oh yeah that was me n james

affraid
although a flat battery on the start line was slightly annoying Laughing
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Unsure what vehicle to use?   Unsure what vehicle to use? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:47 pm

I would suggest to buy youself a jumpstarter. Works really nice. Always a nice batterry with you
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Unsure what vehicle to use?   Unsure what vehicle to use? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 4:18 pm

cadarn wrote:
I would suggest to buy youself a jumpstarter. Works really nice. Always a nice batterry with you

Noooo..... For the same price you can buy a proper car battery with much more "ooomph". Carry a spare car battery, not a gel battery in a box.

...or for Pinky, a single jumplead, so you can jumpstart yourself from the other battery.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
DirtyWeekenders

DirtyWeekenders

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Unsure what vehicle to use?   Unsure what vehicle to use? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 6:36 am

if i was you i would buy a jumpstart, i have had one for years, used it many times, hardly recharged it, useful for many things for running inverters ect. and they can be rechaged driving along or from the mains.jumpstarting a battery from a fully charged battery unconnected to a vehicle can flatten both batterys then you are in real trouble. :bom: :bom:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unsure what vehicle to use?   Unsure what vehicle to use? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unsure what vehicle to use?
Page 1 of 1