Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What happens on tour stays on tour

Go down 
+2
CarpeDiem
ardvark2345
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ardvark2345

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-06-03

What happens on tour stays on tour Empty
PostSubject: What happens on tour stays on tour   What happens on tour stays on tour Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 12:15 pm

Oh dear my newly bought disco (and first landy) seems a bit tame compared to some..........2001 td5 series 2 discovery diesel automatic.

Extra features ........err well I have bought a flag for the rally thats about it so far......any tips as to what I might do to spruce it up?

Deano

Team 'What happens on tour stays on tour'
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: What happens on tour stays on tour   What happens on tour stays on tour Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 12:31 pm

Hi,

Have a look throughout the forum, there's some extremely knowledgeable people out there, though I'm not one of them.

This is also my frist Landy, and rally. Can't think of a better induction course. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happens on tour stays on tour   What happens on tour stays on tour Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 12:36 pm

big bouncy areial Laughing
www.4x4cb.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happens on tour stays on tour   What happens on tour stays on tour Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 12:36 pm

oh and a pirate flag Laughing
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: What happens on tour stays on tour   What happens on tour stays on tour Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 3:26 pm

Well, where to start?

I presume it's a standard road Disco?

First things first, Tyres - might not need full on Mud's, but suggest at least a set of all Terrains would be sensible.

As far as the rest, depends how much your wife will let you spend! get the things from Tom's list first, then think about tyres, then you can start to think about the extra nice bits. That said, i think most of us have CB, so that'll prob be really useful, and you can get a full kit for about £100.

Hope that helps a bit, just be sensible, as you can spend thosands.
Go for the basics first, i'm Jon from Venture Overland can be of serivce to you....
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: What happens on tour stays on tour   What happens on tour stays on tour Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 4:14 pm

Get yourself a diff guard - it's the best £20 - £30 you'll spend and they are easy to fit.

Tweedie
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: What to take   What happens on tour stays on tour Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 1:29 pm

I asked a similar question - see spare parts in chit chat. Apparantly you can't leave the country without
pants
poo
eggs

Oh yes and savlon for the delcate bits.

See you in Calais
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: What happens on tour stays on tour   What happens on tour stays on tour Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 1:48 pm

And a corkscrew :!: bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: What happens on tour stays on tour   What happens on tour stays on tour Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 11:57 am

Hi Ardvark, if you still have the valance under the front bumper you best remove it before you off road it. Same goes for side steps. I am not saying you will damage them but it will be a whole lot nicer to be able to put them back on when you return un-damaged.
Best of luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happens on tour stays on tour   What happens on tour stays on tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What happens on tour stays on tour
Page 1 of 1