Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The good the bad and the ugly

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
roamingman

roamingman

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2010-02-03

The good the bad and the ugly Empty
PostSubject: The good the bad and the ugly   The good the bad and the ugly Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 5:19 am

Well any body remeber the classic film, from the 60's or maybe some of you are to young.

Well this is how they made the music for it enjoy

The good the bad and the ugly Th_The_Good_the_bad_the_ugly

turn it up load and enjoy lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.teddybearspicnic.webs.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: The good the bad and the ugly   The good the bad and the ugly Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:20 pm

The perfect music to go with these photos, trouble is can't make out which is Yoda and which is Clint!

The good the bad and the ugly Clint_10 The good the bad and the ugly Yoda12
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The good the bad and the ugly   The good the bad and the ugly Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 3:14 pm

nice one Yoda, The band sure did a great impression of the song.
And indeed goes well with the pictures.
Remebering the movie I would make you the Bad. See some resemblance
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
intelmental1

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: The good the bad and the ugly   The good the bad and the ugly Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:58 pm

Our team name was almost "the Good, the Bad and the Landy"
Back to top Go down
http://www.intelmental.co.uk/
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: The good the bad and the ugly   The good the bad and the ugly Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 6:10 pm

intelmental1 wrote:
Our team name was almost "the Good, the Bad and the Landy"
What, nobody wanted to be called 'the ugly'? Can't think why??? scratch
Back to top Go down
roamingman

roamingman

PostSubject: Re: The good the bad and the ugly   The good the bad and the ugly Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 4:44 am

your right cadarn when I'am BAD I'AM RELLY RELLY BAD
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: The good the bad and the ugly   The good the bad and the ugly Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 6:35 am

Really really bad at spelling too! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
roamingman

roamingman

PostSubject: Re: The good the bad and the ugly   The good the bad and the ugly Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 7:26 am

Never ever ever been good at spelling you shoud have noticed from other posts cheers

Like a lot of other things they teach in school like maths with letters whats that all about usless , just got away as soon as I could. only interested in the stuff I need to work, when I write letters I have dilys to correct the spelling.
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: The good the bad and the ugly   The good the bad and the ugly Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:38 pm

roamingman wrote:
Never ever ever been good at spelling you shoud have noticed from other posts cheers

Like a lot of other things they teach in school like maths with letters whats that all about usless , just got away as soon as I could. only interested in the stuff I need to work, when I write letters I have dilys to correct the spelling.

If you need to write a letter there's always a spell check in Word. Just NOT on this forum !!!
Back to top Go down
roamingman

roamingman

PostSubject: Re: The good the bad and the ugly   The good the bad and the ugly Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:56 pm

The way I spell sometimes even spell check can't understand my spelling, only Dilys cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: The good the bad and the ugly   The good the bad and the ugly Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:33 pm

There are two l's in Dillys. Razz
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: The good the bad and the ugly   The good the bad and the ugly Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 3:58 pm

I'm glad I'm foreign. Nobody ever says anything about my spelling, grammar or even the use of wrong words.
To be honest i find it a less nice way of teasing somone.

Btw I wouldn't mind to be compared with the UGLY. Liked him in the movie. Have somewhat more facial hair, but who would notice that?
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: The good the bad and the ugly   The good the bad and the ugly Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 5:30 pm

Jaap.

I spent many hours of my life teaching my young children how to spell. They always did very well at their spelling tests in junior school. However once they arrived at our local secondary school spelling was not considered important and they were never criticised or had their bad spelling corrected( as I did when I was at school). So consequently now neither can recognise whether what they have written is spelt correctly ! And its only fairly recently that either of them has realised the importance of getting the spelling correct ! They are now both in their final years at University ! And for Kieran getting it wrong on a sticker means wasting vinyl and wasting money.

Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: The good the bad and the ugly   The good the bad and the ugly Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 7:22 pm

Add to that 'text speak' as it's called with abbreviations for everything ... plus PC and email spellcheckers making kids lazy ... plus ‘Americanisms’ bastardising the English language … plus a lot less formal hand-written letters are penned these days in which getting the spelling correct is essential … plus kids reading less books (computer and hand-held games have seen to that) … plus as Silvia says, the schools not bothering … I'm not surprised children today are so bad at spelling and the use of the English language in general.

Not concerned about Yoda’s spelling (he is what he is, nobody expects him to be a Professor of Languages) and yourself Jaap (your English is 100% better than my Dutch), it’s the kids leaving school I feel sorry for. It’s hard enough folk getting employment as it is, throw in the disadvantage of bad spelling, it simply hands the job to those with the better education – yet surely in 2010 all those leaving school should be able to read, write and spell properly? Sadly that’s not the case, now that IS annoying! Evil or Very Mad

As for Cadarn being cast as "the Ugly", perfect for the role I'd say! Razz
Back to top Go down
roamingman

roamingman

PostSubject: Re: The good the bad and the ugly   The good the bad and the ugly Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 3:17 am

Have to agree with you Tom.
The other thing that got me was in 1995 me and Dilys went to collage, and 90% of pupiles kids just left school could not do MATHS, whithout a calculator, also in shops they rely totaly on the till to tell them how mutch chang to give you. Laughing Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: The good the bad and the ugly   The good the bad and the ugly Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 6:58 am

... or not to give you! Mad
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: The good the bad and the ugly   The good the bad and the ugly Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 10:50 am

Must say the reasons you give for less good spelling are the same as they give overhere. There's a lot to do over the youngsters studying for teacher. Even they finish there education with a less then usefull knowledge on spelling and math.
However this schools are trying to mprove that now. Pupils have to do exams before entering the education and again at the end of the first year. If they fail last one, they are expelled. Secondary schools defintly give to less attention to spelling and math. I'm glad it came that far that even the government recognises it now. The demands for examination will be changed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The good the bad and the ugly   The good the bad and the ugly Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The good the bad and the ugly
Page 1 of 1