Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Confused – are kids allowed or not?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Def130

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Confused – are kids allowed or not? Empty
PostSubject: Confused – are kids allowed or not?   Confused – are kids allowed or not? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 5:29 am

I read in a mag before Xmas that kids were not allowed. Prety sure it said No Under 18’s, but I heard through a clubmate that its ok now. Whats right?
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Confused – are kids allowed or not?   Confused – are kids allowed or not? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 12:35 pm

I see the what's happened. You almost certainly read about Landy Rally in LRE (Land Rover Enthusiast) magazine as it was the only one to my knowledge that published news of the event before Christmas.

The answer is simple. Before Christmas there was an event rule stating: 18 yrs old minimum age limit. It appears this rule was not at all popular, consequently it was raised on a couple of club forums that “Land Rovering” is a family affair, and they thought the 18 yr old age limit to be “ very unfair”. We the Officials thought about it and said, yep, they are right, so simply scrapped the rule. This now means all ages are now welcome.

Moreover, when announcing the rule change by way of a bonus we also said “there is now FREE ENTRY for children if under 12 yrs old before 15th September 2007”.

In fact just to prove the point, a couple have just booked an entry in Landy Rally with dad as the driver, the 16 yr old son as co-driver, and mum has been relegated to the back seat as the passenger! Guess he wanted to bond with junior and mum’s coming along to make sure they don’t get into any mischief! As if …
Back to top Go down
Def130

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Confused – are kids allowed or not?   Confused – are kids allowed or not? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 2:40 pm

That explains it, it all makes sense. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confused – are kids allowed or not?   Confused – are kids allowed or not? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confused – are kids allowed or not?
Page 1 of 1