Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most important announcement so far - Boozers!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Most important announcement so far - Boozers! Empty
PostSubject: Most important announcement so far - Boozers!   Most important announcement so far - Boozers! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 2:38 pm

Looking at Carpe Diem's post re. 'celebration of a non-overheating SIII' with a decent bottle of wine prompted me into informing you all ...

Leaving Calais at noon Saturday 15th, our first port of call within the road book will be all of 15 minutes down the road at a little establishment called Boozers. Run by Brits (tried to talk to them but to no avail - friendly enough but coming from Yorks/Lancs or somewhere north of Watford I needed an interpreter, ooooo you bitch!!!), as you can imagine it has a good selection of spirits and beers, but their speciality is definitely wine. Mark take note!

That said, on both reconnoitres I called in to stock up for the journey and on both occasions they have an ‘out-of-date beer’ section crammed full of 4-5% dumpy’s, Guinness, 7% Belgian beers, and a host of oddments thrown in for good measure … and all of it quite quaffable I assure you! Hic!!! drunken

Was going to tell you later, but you can probably plan things better by knowing we will be calling in there. Check it out at www.boozerscalais.com

P.S. Amazingly “quaffable” is in the Word spellchecker, just thought I’d let you know. There’s hope for those Yanks yet!
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Most important announcement so far - Boozers!   Most important announcement so far - Boozers! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 4:09 pm

Just a little reminder, and certainly not to take the fun out of anything, but bear in mind that European Drink Drive Law is Much stricter than ours, and they are quite happy to stop motorists in the mornings just to check if they are still over from the night before. It's rare for this to happen over here, but in most of Europe they do it quite a lot.

Sorry folks, just thinking aloud really, and previous occupation kicked back in for a moment!!

drunken drunken drunken

:arrow:
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Most important announcement so far - Boozers!   Most important announcement so far - Boozers! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 12:01 am

Thanks Tom, looks a good place always like to visit the "cellars".

Thanks theshortwayround, spot on with that comment, at least it gives the :pig: something to do, after all Europe is so crime-free. Rolling Eyes

My mate's a traffic cop here, and purposely doesn't look at anything non-traffic, as he's gets "nothing for it". scratch

At least if I get mugged I know, who not to call. lol! lol! lol!

cheers everyone!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Most important announcement so far - Boozers!   Most important announcement so far - Boozers! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 6:39 am

Point taken Steve and well aware of it. Thanks though, no harm in reminding folk.

Think I mentioned this before (or maybe not???) but it is for this very reason I insist on a driver and co-driver. One guy contacted me and didn't want a co-driver at all, just wanted to drive on his own throughout the entire Landy Rally. Whether he had B.O. or was just a loner I had no idea, but when I insisted on a co-driver for safety reasons - i.e. tiredness/alcohol/prevents boredom as when he returned he could easily spread negative comments like "I was bored ... crap event" without even mentioning the fact he was on his Todd/etc. he didn't want to know so never heard from him again. Strange person.

Re. Boozers, whilst there I asked the owner about possible sponsorship - as you do - but my timing was dreadful as only hours earlier the roof had caved in at their warehouse during a deluge more akin to an Asian monsoon. Ruined loads of stack apparently, so no pennies available for sponsorship. As it happens, upon reflection to have our vehicles displaying the word BOOZERS along the side would not have been one of my better decisions! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Most important announcement so far - Boozers!   Most important announcement so far - Boozers! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 9:27 am

Cheers Tom, your right about having co-drivers, for those very reasons, so whilst I was flippant about drink/driving and local bobbies, in reality; drink enough to be sociable, but remember everything in the morning, because this will be a week to remember!

And yes having BOOZERS, might attact unwanted attention, especially from our wonderful customs and excise.

Strange person owning a Landrover? Surely not!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most important announcement so far - Boozers!   Most important announcement so far - Boozers! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most important announcement so far - Boozers!
Page 1 of 1