Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt   Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 4:53 am

Hi there, you are all cordially invited to join Thames Valley 4X4 Club in a Punch Hunt at Avon Dassett near Banbury Warwickshire. This is the furthest north TV4x4 go, so for you mid-landers it shouldn't be too far to travel. It is an awsome site, disused quarry, large, challenging with some thing there for all. Novice to expert.
Free camping on Saturday night, the club trailer will be there from about mid afternoon with the flushing loo for the benefit of the ladies. If you could let us know if you will be there 07969309178 on Saturday.
"Punch Hunt" for those of you who don't know what it is, there will be punches spread around the site, some easy and some for the more competitive. We will fit a punch card to your car with cable ties with just enough slack to get to the punch. You then explore the site hunting for the punches. There is no compulsion to get all the punches, the only compulsion is to have fun.
All details on our web-site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

PostSubject: Re: Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt   Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 8:45 am

WOT NO ONE Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt   Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 8:53 am

sadly mate these are always on when i'm working! i'm on nights that weekend, so not able to make it, sorry!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt   Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 11:15 am

No sorry!

Off to the goodwood revivial. Brumm Brumm! Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt   Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:34 pm

Sorry mate, RR in dry dock. Having a few bits 'n' bobs added, nothing special of course, just a turbo, supercharger, 7 litre Chevy lump, Rolls Royce Olympus jet engine (well, Concorde doesn't need 'em anymore) and so forth. Besides, knowing Avon Dassett I'd be too tempted to go swimming - not a good idea with only 3 weeks to go ... argh!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt   Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 4:53 pm

Sorry, I'm doing a very boring car boot sale with my mum! She's moving house and so she's having a clear out - with all proceeds going towards food and drink drunken for the Rally! cheers

Really looking forward to going off-roading at the quarry in Derbyshire this weekend though - my first time off-road affraid I usually just hold on tight and take pictures!

Lu :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

PostSubject: Re: Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt   Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 5:56 am

Hi there, yes it is just a short time to go now. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAY cheers
Yes I won't be doing anything too excitng, cos I don't want to break it and my SJ is out of commission at the moment.
Myself and a mate of mine bought a rotten Disco the other week. Plans are to bob tail it then trailer it to events YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Twisted Evil so we have a LR to use and abuse and not worry too much about breaking it.
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

PostSubject: Re: Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt   Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 5:11 pm

Hi there, well the Disco survived AD, just had to do a couple of winching recoveries, no heroics but it was the safest way to do it.
We were all a bit worried because at 10:00am we only had half a dozen cars on site. Soon after they all started to turn in thick and fast. so another successfull day.
The engine mods are a real success as well. There is a steep hill you have to go up just before you get to the site and towing the club trailer which goes between 2 1/2 and 3 tons I have always had to get down into 1st gear and even considered going into low range. Well his time it roared up in 2nd and still had more to go and the temp gauge just moved up to half way Very Happy
Now these engine mods have only been done to make it tow better now that I have these tall tyres, is my fault that all 4 tyres light up when I pull away from traffic lights Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt   Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avon Dassett Nr Banbury 02/09/07 Punch Hunt
Page 1 of 1