Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone visit the British Indoor 4x4 Show at Donnington

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Anyone visit the British Indoor 4x4 Show at Donnington Empty
PostSubject: Anyone visit the British Indoor 4x4 Show at Donnington   Anyone visit the British Indoor 4x4 Show at Donnington Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 5:14 pm

Anyone visit the British Indoor 4x4 Show at Donnington yesterday (Sunday 18th) and what did they think of it?

Me, I thought it was okay, but it could be so much better. Granted it was full inside, but outside they could given the clubs and/or 4x4 charity events free pitches for promotion, had an autojumble area, a display of interesting 4x4's (instead of them spread all over the car park where nobody could see them), some sort of amusements for the kids, and so much more.

Plus, how do the caterers justify £1.20 for a cup of tea? Daylight robbery! Strange thing was, coffee was also £1.20. Had a moan and groan to others in the queue, but didn't moan directly to the caterers or they might have increased the coffee to £1.40 there and then, otherwise I could have been lynched by those farther down the queue!!!

A least Dick Turpin wore a mask!
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Anyone visit the British Indoor 4x4 Show at Donnington   Anyone visit the British Indoor 4x4 Show at Donnington Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 6:28 am

Well Tom... as you know, I was there Tom and I must say, even though my only cup of tea during the whole day cost you £1.20 and was only luke warm by the time I got to it... It was dammed fine!

T'was good to meet you and thanks for the tea - much appreciated.

As for the show - I was glad it had a good turn out and it was good to put faces to names!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone visit the British Indoor 4x4 Show at Donnington   Anyone visit the British Indoor 4x4 Show at Donnington Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 7:38 am

No problem Jon, the next round's on you. Did you know I like large JD's?

I was good to meet you, as you say, putting "faces to names". I have a feeling you are going to have a good year, for the vehicle and expedition preperation gear you sell is high quality, and that is VERY important. Anyone can sell tat, but it always cames back to bite you on the bum; at least you've no worries on that score!

Speak soon no doubt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone visit the British Indoor 4x4 Show at Donnington   Anyone visit the British Indoor 4x4 Show at Donnington Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone visit the British Indoor 4x4 Show at Donnington
Page 1 of 1