Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Christmas Jolly...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

A Christmas Jolly... Empty
PostSubject: A Christmas Jolly...   A Christmas Jolly... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 6:38 am

Well my nephew is most upset that the Landy Rally is on outside of school holidays and asked me at the weekend if we could go "overlanding" sometime so that he could see what all the fuss is about.

Instantly I thought when my next holidays are... Christmas.

Frankly I only need half an excuse and I'll be off.

So, any ideas where we could go between 22/12/07 and 1/1/08? Obviously this isnt a skiing holiday (though that may be more appropriate!), so the Alps and Pyranees are out. I was thinking Southern Spain or Morocco but am open to other ideas...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Rafe

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Jolly...   A Christmas Jolly... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 9:41 am

Personally (having done it) I'd say Southern Spain or Morocco is just too far in the time you've got. Think closer to home and you'll enjoy it far more.

Rafe
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Jolly...   A Christmas Jolly... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 3:26 pm

I would normally agree with Rafe, but if you're talking about just before Christmas right the way through and into the New Year, then timewise it should be okay. Morocco I reckon. How about Portugal? Never been myself but they have a desert playground. Anyone been?
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Jolly...   A Christmas Jolly... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 3:45 pm

I have heard that you really do take your life in your hands in a big way driving in Portugal. I do not have any personal experience of it though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Jolly...   A Christmas Jolly... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 11:35 pm

If you can get to Southern Spain/Portugal quickly, go for it.

From Al Hambra in the Sierra Nevadas down through Andalucia, bypassing the Costa del Sol coast, through to Cadiz, and Tarifa. Just beautiful countryside!

And come back via the top of Spain, through Asturias on the Costa Verde.

Just an idea!

Cheers, Mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Jolly...   A Christmas Jolly... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Christmas Jolly...
Page 1 of 1