Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels)

Go down 
+4
CarpeDiem
LuckyTrucker
Tom Mc
bj
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels)   this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 8:19 am

Rafe wrote:
... but it's the fact that you lot are suggesting a suspension lift in a foreign country, the day before a major rally that makes me wonder what I've let myself in for!

But The Rules state: "7)Most important of all … it is a golden rule that you do not forget to bring with you a sense of humour!"

I think Kieran trying to explain what the missing parts are and that a bunch of nutters "just took the suspension apart then drove off to Belgium" to a French mechanic could be quite humourous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Rafe

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels)   this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 8:30 am

You're right... I forgot the smiley.

As I told Tom the other day... there's no such thing as a problem, just an opportunity. Usually an opportunity to foul things up even more Smile

Before going to Morocco we were fixing the lightweight right up until a few hours before we had to go. Numerous other running repairs on that trip (more to other people's Landies, lightweight was fine). All adds to the adventure Smile

Rafe
Back to top Go down
Rafe

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels)   this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 8:33 am

Also forgot to say... Went to Gloucester the other week after work to help one of the 4x4 Response guys (from Yorkshire, down there distributing bottled water) change a cylinder head gasket on a 200TDI. Unfortunately we had to stop before we finished - we we're on an RAF base and had to adhere to lights out Sad

So no stranger to getting mucky at the side of the road (must learn to phrase things better on this forum!).

Rafe
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels)   this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 9:12 am

No, I think getting mucky at the side of the road is a cool expression...

Long may it continue!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels)   this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 9:19 am

Being a Sleep person, I remember a saying;

K. I. S.

Keep It Simple. Smile

Best of luck Kieran! And see you soon, cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels)   this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 1:22 pm

Come on, you know you've omitted the second S but are far too diplomatic to say so ... that's how the K.I.S.S. expression came about, folk trying to be clever when the sensible option is to keep things simple.

'Simple' I can do! Razz
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels)   this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 3:29 pm

Me too! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels)   this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 4:27 pm

hello folks,
i am touched by everyones willingness to help with such a large task
thankyou :!: :!: :!:
but unfortunately i've a run out of money and is running up debts, and i quite like the turning circle of the titanic is the thing everyone my age wants Laughing
so today i sorted a really important task as shown below...
this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels) - Page 2 Dscf0710

i worked out that i have enought bamboo poles to make a 60 foot flag pole Laughing

we will be a petebough saturday night see you there Laughing
cheers kieran

monstar affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels)   this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 4:33 pm

oh and if you were wondering in mansfield people dont like using there drives and yes i have tried to run over next doors garden rocks Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels)   this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 4:35 pm

Best of luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels)   this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 4:56 pm

60ft!!! Beware of low-flying space shuttles!
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels)   this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 11:24 pm

Smile Good effort!

60ft? :suspect: you might be responsible for the hole in the ozone layer! Razz
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels)   this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 2:47 am

Have you notified Air Traffic Control you'll be passing?

:arrow:
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels)   this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

this section of forum is perfectly named (wheels)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2