Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER

Go down 
+2
Tom Mc
Captain Chaos
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-03-01

STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Empty
PostSubject: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 4:26 pm

Hi guys,
Had a text off Tom on the RFC it read
Quote :
Trapped in jungle,flooding, log bridges washed away, no food or water, but all ok as the army are flying in more beer
It could only be him!
He also asked me to post the web address so you can all have a laugh
Its www.marathonrally.com
Merry Christmas guys santa
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 2:43 am

Cheers CC, just found this. I've already posted a reply in the Shows & Events section. Tell you what, Bonnie/Dean are visiting me in Bournemouth on Boxing Day. As they are Ross-on-Wye why not join them as they could possibly collect you on the way through? If you can make it, send me a text and I'll pass on their mobile numbers so you talk direct.

Also my Birthday 22nd Dec, so another excuse to get wasted!!!!!!!!! drunken Here's hoping.
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 6:22 am

Happy 21st again Tom! I'll be thinking of you whilst Im on the Ferry en-route to Portugal...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 2:18 am

Hi Tom,

Have a great Birthday!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 3:53 am

Why thank you folks.

Currently here in Thailand pursed by every man and his dog wanting to sell you suits, Thai massages (at 250 baht / 3.75 Pound Sterling its a bargain - pummelled for an entire hour - had one so far but will have another before heading back to Malaysia) food stops - MILLIONS OF THEM AND THE FOOD IS FANTASTIC, rip-off replica t-shirts which look good but disintegrate in a couple of days, lady-boys, rent-boys and a host of girls all after your wallet, and taxi drivers who naturally are all 'cheaper than the guy next door'! It's manic but good.

Mmmmmmm ... Portugal or Thailand VO1? Think right now I'd rather be side-stepping the lady-boys of Phuket, but still jealous in a way as you're off the the lovely Pyrenees. Next year again ... yeah! cheers
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 6:23 am

Sorry Tom, no can do, what with it being the babies first Xmas and all that!?

Will catch up soon tho.

watch the ladyboys, I know you when youve had a drink, you think everyone is beautiful and available!!! No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 9:09 am

happy birthday for next week cheers

good to here you got out of the jungle Laughing

Thailand sounds abit like china Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 11:58 pm

Alan Partridge I ain't! As mentioned elswhere replying the Andy (Apd) who also brought up the subject of ladyboys, have to keep checking 'Crocodile Dundee-style' - so far so good. Beside, it's fun checking!!! Twisted Evil

Never mind Chaos, as you say we'll meet up soon.

... and Kieran, Thailand's nothing like China, not unless the Chinese girls quite literally jump on you at every street corner. I'm quite shocked, what's a bloke to do except turn the other cheek? Wink
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 9:48 am

"what's a bloke to do except turn the other cheek"

Ask for directions! Smile
Back to top Go down
apd2009

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 10:05 am

OR CATCH :clown: cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 6:56 am

Well, made it back ... just! Actually been back since 22nd Dec but I developed food-poisioning, a bug or something in Thailand the day before I left, therefore spent 24 hours in bed when I should have been shopping, and the next 24 hours either in the air or slumped in airport terminals. Usually like the flying experience, but when you're feeling rough it's horrendous.

Spent most of Christmas in bed, only to rise the 25th for Christmas dinner - a bowl of Baxter's Cock-a-Leekie soup!!!

Vast improvement Boxing Day meant I could take up Team Norforlk 'n' Chance's (Sean & Melanie) kind offer of an 'open day' at their house. Actually managed a glass of cranberry juice ... laced with vodka no less, and it worked. Four more glasses later I was as right as rain and more or less back to my old self. cheers cheers cheers

BTW, Sean & Mel's charity for Landy Rally 2007 - The Murry Foundation - published a four-page article about their Landy Rally expliots in their glossy magazine. Looks good kiddies. I'll attempt to reproduce the article, a link or something very soon.

Hope you all had a great Chrissie. I'll start wading through the forum posts from tonight and get back into it - only just turned on the PC yesterday for emails, that's how bad I've been!

That's it ... I'M BACK! Be afraid, be very afraid!!!!! affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 10:00 am

im afraid Shocked Laughing

glad to hear your better now!
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 12:00 pm

Weil, we met O.G.L. and his 'boss today and thers owt wrong wi him.
He looks a tower of health. :suspect:
I think hes been...........................well, Thiland? I ask you. I love you

anyways, good to haiv met ye and heres to the future.

wills drunken
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 5:07 pm

Yep, met Mr. Bofa. Appears we're going to be joined on LR`08 by a real character. Nice to have finally met you Bill.

There will also a few subtle - or not so subtle changes - to Landy Rally 2008. Tell you about the changes next year. Oh silly me, that ain't long is it? All will be revealed soon. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 5:22 pm

Get tae bed. Sleep
Remember, yer recovering for a serious illness. jocolor

anon :afro:
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 6:41 pm

Gonna have to change that avatar William, he's been and gone you know! santa
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 5:37 am

sorted 'Thomas' :suspect:
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 1:58 pm

Now a Disco Diva? Different!

Personally, I'm spending New Year's Eve watching The Secret Life of Brian on 4 followed by the actual film ... EXCELLENT! Haven't seen it for a while. After there's even a follow-up programme about the Pythons post Life of Brian. Hopefully a couple of stiff ones will see me sleep through midnight. Bliss, perfect bliss!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm

whatever takes yer fancy ther Tam.
But why would you want a couple of 'stiff ones'
mmmmm
Some little secret yer no letting oan aboot?

Im watching 'Take That'
then put all me year round practicin for the Bells into action.
'Hic'

Happy new year everyone
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 5:37 am

How's the head? drunken

... or are you still in the land of nod? Sleep
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 5:51 am

Funnee you should ask that.
Me heeds sair and ah didnae haiv that much tae drink.
Hope I aint comin doon wi a wee german.
Maybe ye passed it oan tae me on Saturday.
yer a rtascal Tom.

Hope that ye haid a guid yin.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 6:42 am

Not guilty, felling fine by then. Lack of Gold Watch I reckon, didn't try hard enough with that Bells bottle! Either that or you're suffering withdrawal symptoms through lack of off-roading. The McGuigan remedy ... go lanin' and blow the cobwebs away!
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 8:17 am

Is that an invite Tom?
Next Saturday?
from here to the Plain?
I may still haiv some treasure hunt maps study of my runs on the plain if yer intrested.

intrested?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER   STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STOP PRESS - MESSAGE FROM THE GREAT LEADER
Page 1 of 1