Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Muddy Back Meet in july

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Muddy Back Meet in july Empty
PostSubject: Muddy Back Meet in july   Muddy Back Meet in july Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 3:13 pm

hello,
i am in the process of organising a weekend of fun at the kirton off-road site in north lincs, all profits go to the air ambulance charity.
the friday night there will just be camping and bbq....
saturday choice of pay and play, treasure hunt
saturday night there will be entertainment and maybe night time driving.
sunday there will be a challenge, undecided as to what yet.. advice welcome
and results and prizes
all weekend there will be displays in a display arena
there will be a helicopter landing at some point
and there will be stands and stores like a mini land rover show
not sure what the price will be yet

such as landy rally 07 it will be the first one hopefully of many more to come
discount for all landy rally entrants
any help welcome
thanks kieran santa Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Muddy Back Meet in july   Muddy Back Meet in july Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 11:08 am

Best of British mate, nice idea but hope you realise that's a hellava lot to take on! Don't want to pi … sorry, rain on your parade, but have you thought about all the public liability insurance/risk assessments/tickets/security/etc. you'll need to stage such an event. Unfortunately nowadays you need all this and more, not even because of the Council/Health & Safety Executive officials that are forever skulking around in the shadows and if your paperwork is not up to scratch can slap an injunction on the event minutes before you open the gate, but because of the public themselves. One minute they are placid fellow off-road enthusiasts just like you or me, the next they are raging nutters who will sue the pants off you because one of their number has been hit on the bonce by a 5 mph sign that became airborne. Rather you than me. Been there, got the t-shirt and video - usually because I bought or commissioned them in the first place!

My advice? Better to let someone else take the risks and instead do some simple fund-raising as a punter. On the other hand, if there's a lot of you one can spread the load both logistically and if the smelly stuff hits the fan. In other words, don't leave yourself vulnerable coz you could easily end up as the scapegoat and in financial terms, could quite literally be 'paying for it for years'. As the late great Brian Clough would say, ["b]Think on young man, think on".[/b] He was from your part of the world and was no mug; heed his words wisely Kieran!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Muddy Back Meet in july   Muddy Back Meet in july Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 11:28 am

More bad news, but you should know the facts! As part of a series of 4x4 events I am running this year (the secret squirrel events I shall be announcing to the world this coming Monday) one of these is scheduled for Sunday 6th July in Doncaster - not a million miles from Kirton. Should your July dates clash with mine, sorry but be aware your numbers may well be down. Make that ... WILL be down!

As for other events in July, apart from Billing Land Rover Show 18-20 July which of course is a national show, fortunately there are no other events within the county of Lincolnshire or surrounding regions during the rest of the month that I can see. Anyone know of anything else which is liable to clash with Keiran's extravaganza?

If however if all this does not put you off and you’re still determined, obviously I’ll help wherever possible. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Muddy Back Meet in july   Muddy Back Meet in july Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 11:37 am

Good luck Kieran. pirat

Look forward to your news Tom. bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muddy Back Meet in july   Muddy Back Meet in july Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 6:17 pm

hello,
i appriciate what your saying tom and beleive me these things have been bouncing back and forth through my mind to the point where i say no go forward, but i asked on mud-club and had at least 12 people offer to help. but the next stage will be to get in touch with the site i plan to use and see what they will be willing to offer in terms of help wit all of the public safety and browns paper work and so on.
ill keep trying, the air ambulance might also be able to help with insurance as they have event cover. for the time being its a big black hole for me as you probly guessed from the PM's i didnt have any idea of what to include as far as planning and event running is concerned. but im slowly learning whats possible and whats not i think.
ill try not to book the event for the 6th of july so that i dont effect your event number Laughing
nah just kidding, i wouldnt want to double book what should be a good event :!: (yours that is)
ive herd from my secretive sources that there is an event in bourneworth on march the 16th, i may well pop down if possible to have a look at how an event is structured such as yours, but all that depends if i can get back by the 17th as i have a date in court to attend Crying or Very sad

cheers for all of the help Tom and thanks for the support Mark

best of luck with all of your events

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muddy Back Meet in july   Muddy Back Meet in july Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Muddy Back Meet in july
Page 1 of 1