Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tom, start planning.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bofa bill

bofa bill

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Tom, start planning. Empty
PostSubject: Tom, start planning.   Tom, start planning. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 11:46 am

2010 destination Ghana?????

However;
I rather fancy a trip to Lybia for some reason.

maybe due to Gadafi being west friendly noo it would be rather cool if we could get an audiance with him.
Mmmm just remembered, wonder if ill be allowed to go.
dam......dear Mr Broon,

Last edited by bofa bill on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com

PostSubject: Re: Tom, start planning.   Tom, start planning. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 11:50 am

take a trailer and ill come, free fuel Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Tom, start planning.   Tom, start planning. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 2:59 pm

Why, don't they allow folk from north of the border into Africa? Razz
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

PostSubject: Re: Tom, start planning.   Tom, start planning. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 3:14 pm

och, me previous life.
i'd have made a good hostage.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Tom, start planning.   Tom, start planning. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 3:50 pm

Libya I can understand, off-roading paradise, but why Ghana?
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

PostSubject: Re: Tom, start planning.   Tom, start planning. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 3:59 pm

sorry, i was oan aboot lybia.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Tom, start planning.   Tom, start planning. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 12:20 pm

One dram too many Bill?

Actually, would like to visit Libya to see all those WWII vehicles still littering the desert (a rather big desert I have to say so you're hardly tripping over them). A lot of German machinery I understand, just abandoned and rusting away v e r y slowly. More damage done being sand-blasted I'd say.

"Hunt the Tank 2010" ... there's the expedition name Bill. Rather like the idea of that. Thanks Bill, you've prompted me into a cunning plan. Watch this space. cheers
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

PostSubject: Re: Tom, start planning.   Tom, start planning. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 2:21 pm

out of intrest Tom, or anyone else, how far away is Lybia. (miles)

tried google but complicated.

Ah, I remeber why I said Ghana. I have a foster bro ther.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Tom, start planning.   Tom, start planning. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 6:06 pm

Dunno, but reckon you wouldn't wanna walk there! North Africa west of Egypt. Far enough but well accessible. Without looking into it, 2-day ferry from Marseille I would imagine ... piece of cake. It's when you are there the miles really add up. Libya is vast, the Sahara Desert making up over 3/4 of the country (again from memory). Never been but would love to. In fact still have a Libyan visa in my passport from the Paris-Dakar that I never used. Guess it's out of date now but Brits can still travel there without a problem. It's Septic Tanks that are banned, can't think why.

The bewitching desert beckons ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom, start planning.   Tom, start planning. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 9:18 am

sounds like a good trip,

i was listening to mr teacher man today in geography and we were doing about illegal imegration to europe and Liybia apparently is the gateway out of africa to europe affraid

cheers

the usless facts man cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Tom, start planning.   Tom, start planning. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 2:09 pm

Well at least the illegal imigration to Europe via Liybia ("the gateway out of africa") proves one thing, it proves you listen at college! Laughing

As mentioned previously, I never made it there but have always wanted to. Aparrently the ancient ruins are supposed to be something else as well. Nearest I got was Algeria. Ironic as back in 1989 Libya was closed to all foreign nationals (that's why getting a visa as a Paris-Dakar entrant was such a big thing - still did not allow Yanks though), while Algeria was open for business. Nowadays it's a big turnaround and Algeria is a complete no no while Libya welcomes tourism. No cash you see, the US-led oil embargo bites forever deeper meaning even better deals for tourists.

Yep, Libya seems more appealing by the hour!!!
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Tom, start planning.   Tom, start planning. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 5:27 am

It must be via Poland?!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Tom, start planning.   Tom, start planning. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 11:01 am

Trust CC to contribute with some mindless drivle, no change there then!

Be over to see you 26th-27th April BTW, Land Rover Show at Powis Castle. Feel a party coming on!!! drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom, start planning.   Tom, start planning. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tom, start planning.
Page 1 of 1