Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Odyssey PC2150 Batteries

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Odyssey PC2150 Batteries Empty
PostSubject: Odyssey PC2150 Batteries   Odyssey PC2150 Batteries Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 12:32 pm

Just a quick one. I have the chance of some second hand Odyssey PC2150’s, lightly used, fully charged, tested and working & without cardboard box. Great batteries.

Does anyone want one or two?

Here's the rub.
I cant warranty second hand stuff so all i'm doing is helping someone move surplus stock. In other words Im not making money on them!!

As I say, I cant offer any warranty on them and I would literally pass them on at cost.

I will need £75+vat for each one… and I can take them to Billing. As you know, should be just short of £300inc.

Dimensions: 330mm (L) x 172mm (W) x 239 (H)
Cranking amps: 2150
Ah: 100

Anyone interest, drop me an email: info@ventureoverland.com

Cheers
Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey PC2150 Batteries   Odyssey PC2150 Batteries Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 3:17 pm

hello,
ive a spoken to the big boss, and he says put him down for one aswell please,
so thats two for us

cheers kieran cheers
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey PC2150 Batteries   Odyssey PC2150 Batteries Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 3:41 pm

Kieren,
Consider it done...
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey PC2150 Batteries   Odyssey PC2150 Batteries Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 6:36 pm

Two for me please, I'm going for the ol' split charge thingy. Maybe not immediately, but at that price you can't look that particular gift horse in the mouth. bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey PC2150 Batteries   Odyssey PC2150 Batteries Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 6:39 pm

hello,
im looking at some sort of split charge, john mentioned somthing aabout a paralelle charge system, which sounds like a better idea,
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey PC2150 Batteries   Odyssey PC2150 Batteries Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 12:24 am

kieran wrote:
hello,
im looking at some sort of split charge, john mentioned somthing aabout a paralelle charge system, which sounds like a better idea,

Kieran,
Youve got your wires crossed a bit...

To connect two batteries to a motor you have 2 choices, either wire them in with a split charge system or connect them both in parallel. If you choose the latter you simply have 1 big battery. The disadvantage of it is that you need similar battreies but also you still effectivley only have 1 battery.

I mentioned this as an option for you because I knew you dont have a split charge system and need to power all your lights....
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey PC2150 Batteries   Odyssey PC2150 Batteries Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 1:23 am

Further to several requests...

Our IBS Split charge units are £150inc VAT and come complete with all you need to look after the two batteries. What it does not include is the HV cables and associated terminals - For a Defender (or where the batteries are located next to each other), this kit is £29 inc.

More info here:
http://www.ventureoverland.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=29

Also, for those who are relying on one battery, the link below will be important to you. It essentially cuts the battery from your power equipment to save you having a flat battery in the morning. Please not e though we do not recommend this for TD5's or later - you need a split charge system...

http://www.ventureoverland.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=121&Itemid=29

Hope that helps.
Jon
Back to top Go down
Mel_f

Mel_f

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey PC2150 Batteries   Odyssey PC2150 Batteries Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 4:07 pm

If you are looking for a twin battery set up then I can recommend the IBS unit.

I purchased one of these units with an Odyssey 1700 battery a few months back, I have the old standard Lead Acid Battery that is OK as the AUX battery and the Odyssey as the main starter battery. (can not afford a second Odyssey Yet !!)

This last week we have been away in the Landy and as part of the kit we took a Large 12v fridge. After getting to the camp site the Fridge was left plugged into the Cigarette Lighter socket, which is connected to the AUX battery. Some hours after arriving I decided to check the battery state on the IBS - It has a very accurate LED display for the battery state. This showed that the Fridge had taken the battery way down in power - only 2 red LEDs displayed on the monitor (normally 9 of the 10 LEDs display).

On checking the fridge the beers were cold but it was found that the fridge took something like 100w to keep the thing down to temperature.

The IBS worked well - It separated the two batteries, showed that one was flat, left the other alone and ensured I could restart the Landy. I know it could be agued that this can all be done by a relay/switch or Auto sensing relays etc etc and the IBS unit is not the "lowest Cost" but, having lived with the unit for a number of months, it just sits there works, feeds you the information you need, has two Green LEDs to show a good charge and warns of any over voltage charging.

In my mind with out the batteries being good and well managed on a vehicle you are always compromising the ability to start. A bad battery on a car (Landy or other) is the root of a number of problems.

As for the Oddysseys - since fitting as a starter battery my 300 Tdi jumps into life with out thinking. As soon as funds allow I will be fitting a second as the Aux battery.

Would I spend the money again on the unit - yes absolutely

Hope this is of interest to someone Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
paul

paul

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: batteries   Odyssey PC2150 Batteries Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 5:56 am

hi
have just spoken to the boss and i can have one if you still have some available?

paul and phillippa
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey PC2150 Batteries   Odyssey PC2150 Batteries Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 7:36 am

I understand from Jon there's a bit of a delay in acquiring these super-duper bargain batteries, so I think it's a case of 'watch this space'.
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey PC2150 Batteries   Odyssey PC2150 Batteries Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 8:58 am

Grrrr..... I hate being let down by people... So darned rude and un-necessery!

Since telling the guy I'd found homes for 5 of the batteries he seems to have gone to ground! I'll keep chasing him but if they materialise then I suspect it will be after Billing and therefore there will be a little postage to pay also.

Sorry people. Will keep you informed.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey PC2150 Batteries   Odyssey PC2150 Batteries Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 4:37 am

Ground - Batteries - you're too good!

Think you should personally deliver them around the country to make up for the inconvenience, it's only fair. Smile
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey PC2150 Batteries   Odyssey PC2150 Batteries Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 5:32 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Ground - Batteries - you're too good!

Think you should personally deliver them around the country to make up for the inconvenience, it's only fair. Smile

Do you indeed????? - Just for fun I could strap them all to my back, jogging barefoot over broken glass too!!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey PC2150 Batteries   Odyssey PC2150 Batteries Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 7:05 am

Barefoot over broken glass yes, but jogging? You're being silly now, with all those on your back it would be impossible - walking will be just fine. I'll start compiling a list of postcodes. Meanwhile, you better hope the Sheltie Vikings don't want a battery or you'll be needing a wetsuit, mask and a snorkel too! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey PC2150 Batteries   Odyssey PC2150 Batteries Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Odyssey PC2150 Batteries
Page 1 of 1