Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batteries and wiring

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
paul

paul

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Batteries and wiring Empty
PostSubject: Batteries and wiring   Batteries and wiring Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:44 am

Hey there been new to this and all i am wanting to place a second battery under the bonnet and eventually put a split charge system in the rear. does anyone know an easy way to place a second battery under the bonnet and how i would go about it??
Thanks
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Batteries and wiring   Batteries and wiring Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 11:58 am

Hi Paul, there is a purpose made slot for the battery on the opposite side to the one you have now. The only thing is you will lose a convienient place for the LR jack which is a fine piece of equipment and the LR wheel chock which is essential if you ever jack the car up on not so perfect surface along with engaging the diff lock so the transmission is locked. As for wiring it all up there are many on here who are far more qualified than this humble Disco owner.(some may say I have much to be humble about Embarassed ) I am sure the likes of Jon(Venture Overland) can help or maybe Andybloke.
I am only sorry that I won't be able to make this year, I am sure you will have an excellent time and make many new friends.
At any time you feel like it is all too hard just think of all the dosh your sponsers have promised and how much difference it can make to your good cause. bounce
All the best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Batteries and wiring   Batteries and wiring Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:20 am

paul wrote:
Hey there been new to this and all i am wanting to place a second battery under the bonnet and eventually put a split charge system in the rear. does anyone know an easy way to place a second battery under the bonnet and how i would go about it??
Thanks

Paul,
As has already been said, there's a nice spot on the other side just waiting for said battery.

You mention putting "a split charge system in the rear"... I suspect you mean extra power sockets in the rear, fed from the second battery??? - Thats the easy bit! You need to make sure that you get the split charge system in and working right, then its just a case of running a fused live (from second battery) to the outlet in the rear and then returning the earth to the -ve side of the second battery.

If you want more info, drop me a mail or give me a call.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batteries and wiring   Batteries and wiring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batteries and wiring
Page 1 of 1