Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Landy Rally Club launch party

Go down 
+6
Crazy~Johno
paul
pinkpeople
bofa bill
VentureOverland
Tom Mc
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Landy Rally Club launch party Empty
PostSubject: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 4:33 am

Okay, I've been threatening it for a while now:-

The all-new, all-singing, all-dancing "Landy Rally Club" will be launched at Abingdon 4x4 Festival 27th-28th September 2008 … the following weekend after we return from LR`08.

This being the last big 4x4 event of the year, I have gone all out to make a big spash so have arranged an 80ft frontage for a line up of vehicles that should have a hellava impact on the show.

The stand will be adjacent to Bofa4x4's display, therefore all the Team Bofa4x4 entrants entering Landy Rally 2008 can be lined up directly alongside the rest of the Landy Rally participants (I trust this is okay Bill?)

First come first served for the line up on the first row, thereafter vehicles can start filling the 2nd and 3rd rows behind if need be. Depending on the depth, the idea is to form an arc, the centre of which will be a communal BBQ get-together area. Turn up whever it suits, but the focus will be a big launch party Saturday night. Should be good!

ALL LANDY RALLY ENTRANTS WHETHER IN 2007 OR 2008 ARE INVITED TO JOIN US IN THE DISPLAY ... PLUS THOSE WHO INTEND TO JOIN US ON LR`09. EITHER JOIN US IN THE LINE UP AND/OR CAMP WITH US OR SIMPLY PAY A VISIT.

I realise with teams dotted about all over the UK not everyone will be able to make it for the initial launch party, but remember this is but the first of what will be a "Landy Rally Club" presence at every major 4x4 and Land Rover show in the land. The idea is in future as more and more teams take part, regional groups will develop to cover the extremities of the UK from Land's End to John O'Groats, Wales to the East Coast. It’ll definitely be good, as will the 10 year anniversary party of Landy Rally in 2017. 2017 - how frightening does that sound?

Your thoughts about the concept plus any ideas for the weekend please ... the Abingdon weekend in Sept 2008 by the way, not the party in 2017!?!?!
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 4:48 am

Hold that spot next to the Rangie for the Black 110! I'll not be trading at Abingdon so have a whole weekend free to do Landy Rally stuff! cheers

Baggy me for East Coast / Yorkshire Landy Rally Chairman... or whatever spangly title goes with it!!

Oh yeah, and can I book my anniversary party ticket now? I'd like to have ticket number 1 seen as though I was the first (I think scratch scratch) booked on the first ever rally.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 5:08 am

Okay mate, that's a deal - both for the East Coast / Yorkshire Landy Rally Representative (you're never Chairman material!!!) and ticket No.1 for 2017.

And as it happens, you were the first ever booked in to Landy Rally. You could obviously see the potential, either that or you are the biggest anorak in the world!

Hey, two insults in one post, I've surpassed myself. Wey hey!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 6:33 am

Wohooooooo cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 7:04 am

Good idea re Abingdon Tom, BUT..........
You wont be allowed a communal Barbie within the stand. area.
The food traders object to it.
Even a Tea urn is a no go for the pubic.

Noo, in the camping area?
thats diferent.

The camping area is run on a first come first pitched basis so get ther early on Friday and fence off an area for the LR club.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 7:32 am

Ah! So obviously we can't camp behind our vehicles on the Club Display Stand and there is a seperate camping area. I've always camped o the stand before, but then again there was only yours truly and not up to 40 campers with me!

BTW, by "communal" I meant for Landy Rally crews only, not for the general public, but take your point - this would have to be located in the camping area, not on the stand.

No probs, I'll get there Thursday (if they let me) or early on Friday, cordon off the LR area and pitch a tent or two - again next to Bofa4x4 - and set up a seperate Club Display Stand.

Thanks Bill ... sorted!
Back to top Go down
pinkpeople

pinkpeople

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 7:50 am

Great!! count us in if we get back affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkpeople.biz
paul

paul

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: club   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:03 am

hey there yeah sounds like a great idea will see what we are both working that weekend and if we are off then we will be there dont think i will be allowed to come on my own
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:40 am

It'll be worth the effort, good things being planned already!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 3:35 pm

ill be there Laughing :cyclops:
will i need a bigger cool box? Laughing santa

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 3:46 pm

If you need to make it more "Tradey" you can borrow the Venture flags - At least people will be able to see us from far away!!
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 5:25 pm

that and the mass of orange t-shirts heading for daily mass following our leader to the beer tent :alien: :alien: :alien: jocolor :afro: lol! scratch rendeer Evil or Very Mad :!: cheers :flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:37 pm

Tom Mc wrote:

The all-new, all-singing, all-dancing "Landy Rally Club" will be launched at Abingdon 4x4 Festival 27th-28th September 2008 … the following weekend after we return from LR`08.

Will see closer to the time but just might be forced to come down for the launch party....helluva drive but then again a club only gets launched once!! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chas.com
Monstar - Sylvia

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 4:50 pm

Which night is the launch party ??? :?: Laughing

Silly question only I'm booked up during the day on Saturday in Northampton and I don't want to miss all of the party ???
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 5:50 pm

Saturday night until Sunday night, so anyone expecting some shut-eye had better pitch their erection out of earshot. Ooo errr Mrs!!! Very Happy

Seriously, have a few 'party games' in mind so it's likely to get a little raucous. cheers
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 9:54 am

Will try to make it to this, is your erection big enough for 2 more? No
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 1:15 pm

Yeah, always got room for a little 'un. Laughing

It'll be good to see you, but won't you be over in Eastern Europe? When does you event finish?
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 3:31 am

Going on Thursday mate, so hopefully we should have drove back by then!!!
Thats including the optional night p**s up at the now infamous Cafe de Paris!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:39 am

You know you're more than welcome, both at Abingdon and the prize-giving do back in Calais, providing of course the legendary Lada makes it back under its own steam

or … you and Wayne don't get banged up in some dank Bulgarian jail whilst awaiting funds to pay off a £2,000 fine for having the audacity to race along at 21mph in a 20mph zone - that or 4 year stretch of hard labour!

or … when you had your passports and money stolen in that gay bar you had to become the S & M bitches of some Ukrainian Mafia drugs warlord to work off your debts (ironical really as his cohorts were the ones responsible for picking your pockets in the first place!)

or … serving out 3 consecutive life sentences down some salt mine in Siberia for straying into an unmarked military zone ... ever so lucky really 'cause it was remarkable how you managed to avoid the 5,000 acres of minefields (also unmarked) surrounding it!!!

- or a million and one other possible scenarios. Enjoy your event lads. Razz
Back to top Go down
Monstar - Sylvia

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:54 pm

Cheers Tom

Will try to find my way to Abingdon for Saturday night. Although with my navigational skills it might be Monday before I get there!!
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 1:43 am

Slvia.
Head SOUTH
Aim for OXFORD
Abingdon is oan the South side of OXFORD. A34.

Dinna turn Left for Abingdon turn RIGHT for Dalton Barracks.
MOD style signs, RED sign.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 1:24 pm

Hi there, I will see if I can get the rest of Team TV4x4 Club up there. I will be marshalling, so busy durring the day but ready to party at night Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 1:33 pm

Whoooooopppppeeee!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club launch party   Landy Rally Club launch party Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Landy Rally Club launch party
Page 1 of 1