Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED

Go down 
+7
Smego
loncbt
andybloke
VentureOverland
Keith Johnson
Crazy~Johno
Tom Mc
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 10:32 am

10 minutes per UJ
i use a hammer with a extention for a socket set i brought especially for it as its the perfect size to bash in and out a UJ

not booked a hotel yet, might book a room for friday night, have a plan for saturday night Laughing
i need to connect all the wires to somthing useful to attepmt to make to cb do somthing Laughing
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 10:56 am

Oh, and remember to fill up with fuel tomorrow as most of the cheap fuel places are closed on friday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 11:05 am

Crazy~Johno wrote:
i thought thats the one we were stopping at? well i thought that was the one i had booked into if not i have no idea where im stopping, that reminds me i need to put my CB back in bounce bounce santa

Premier Inn is next to the pub, but the cheap hotel (Travellodge) is a few minutes walk away.
Back to top Go down
Smego

Smego

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:43 am

Remember to put provitions for a few days and lots of warm blankets in, I have seen the tv prograns and it's always realy frozen that far north this time of the year!!

:king:
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:53 am

Smego wrote:
Remember to put provitions for a few days and lots of warm blankets in, I have seen the tv prograns and it's always realy frozen that far north this time of the year!!

:king:

Really? I thought it would be quite pleasant that close to the equator.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 10:00 am

its a southen place isnt it?

YAY pinkys got an mot and a set of new track rod ends cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:20 pm

Congrats! Don't know if we'll be seeing Deano & Helen this weekend though as he phoned tonight stranded on someone's driveway. Seems the Rangie won't turn over. Yes its in Park and yes the immobiliser has been by-passed. Could be the starter motor, in which case he's knackered as its an auto box. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:43 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
Could be the starter motor, in which case he's knackered as its an auto box.

A really strong bit of string wrapped around the shaft, and pull really hard Smile

(Or a jump lead onto the back of the starter motor to rule out immobiliser or lockout switch problems)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 6:32 am

flat battery?
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Are we there yet?   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 3:19 pm

Plans!

Red should be mostly ready tomorrow .... no new UJ's, but new suspension turrets, diffguards, tyres and shiny new CB are in.
According to the really cheerful bloke at the tyre place (who agreed to undercharge if I didn't want a reciept and paid cash before the off-licence closed) two of Toms old Rangie wheels aren't round! Tyres went on anyway.

Should be setting off between 1 and 2 pm on Friday, to get to Nuneaton for between 4 and 5. Taking the M1, A42 and A444.
Stopping at the Bedworth travelodge for a couple of nights.

CB: Will be on Chan UK 10 (or 5 if 10's busy) on the way down, and at the hotel (on handheld), so if you spot a green disco with orange stickers (either going slowly, broken down or parked), give me a shout!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 8:41 pm

Oval wheels? No wonder my head kept hitting the roof-lining!

As for Deano's starting problems, he reckons he sprayed the starter motor with copious amounts of WD40, half an hour later he tried it again and wey hey - the motor kicked into life. What would us off-roaders do without WD40?
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 1:52 am

Tom Mc wrote:
What would us off-roaders do without WD40?

Use a bigger hammer.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 7:04 am

HEATHEN! Although have to admit more often then not a starter motor + big hammer = success!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 7:26 am

It appears that the first Travelodge CV10 7TF is fully booked Saturday night, so the overspill is now:-

Travelodge Nuneaton Hotel
The Yeoman Harvester
St. Nicolas Park Drive
Nuneaton
Warwickshire
CV11 6EN

Tel: 0871 984 6094
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Running a little later than planned!   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 8:11 am

Just a little later than I expected ... should be setting off in a half hour or so, but need to go to work first Sad

See folks soon!
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 9:59 am

Tom could you bring me one of the stickers with the wading above this line government warning as when i had the side of my car sprayed they had to take it off and kizz hasnt got any spare ones affraid affraid

Cheers santa rendeer :cherry: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
tpb4x4

tpb4x4

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 10:00 am

Hiya peeps....sorry but TeamTAFF are unable to make it, my Paj is having probs with one of it's Battery which has mae it unable to start for the past wk or so Sad - hope everyone has a gr8 time!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mac4x4challenge.co.uk
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 2:18 pm

Tim,
You're not going to get the chocolate orange off us that easily(awarded for most breakdowns on LR2008)
Anyway sorry you can't join us ( I'll refrain from jokes about getting a tow from a Land Rover) See you around.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 5:17 pm

That's a shame Tim. Never mind, catch up with you in the New Year.

For the rest of you, see you in a few hours chaps - complete with 'wading sticker'.
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 11:37 am

Tom Mc wrote:

For the rest of you, see you in a few hours chaps - complete with 'wading sticker'.

He made it, too!
Fun morning at the offroad site. Reds first offroading trip didn't go completely to plan - somewhat bent bumper, some odd noises, and a new tendency to go into reverse rather than 1st!
The most involved recovery of the day was Tango 1 being pulled from a puddle, that took Pinky, Lenny and Toms Rangie.

Best go - Pub time! drunken
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 4:38 pm

what a cracker! a brilliant weekend, had great fun pulling toms rangie round the site hehe yes with the frontera! Very Happy (yeah alright kieran i got stuck in the same place a few hours later) Shocked ill upload some of the photos we took in the morning

Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 6:03 pm

cant wait to see the pictures, fantastic weekend,
had a little swim Laughing
bumped the exaust a little ( ok alot as it punctured it and pulled it off)
all in the name of fun

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 5:19 am

Couldn't agree more. Off-roading at Sibbertoft Saturday (never did get into the woods, enjoying the quarry too much!) the Christmas meal Sat night (eventually after we managed to find a table long enough), all topped off with a liberal dose of 'laning on Sunday.

With folk hailing from as far afield as Humberside and Dorset with all points between, it goes to show friends met through Landy Rally are not just 'fair weather friends' - but true lifelong friends. Arghhhhhhh!!!!What have I done????? affraid
Back to top Go down
The slow & dirty gang

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Can we just change that last post Tom, we are not from Humberside, we are from HULL which is in EAST YORKSHIRE!!!! Rant over!!!! Thanks to everyone for another great get together - as usual good fun was had by all! Would like a disc with photos on Tom (if you have one) and Sol now wants a Frontera when he's old enough to drive instead of a Landy - this is all thanks to Mark!!!!
c u all soon (i hope) luv kym xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 8:42 pm

i want a recovery truck, just spent an hour in one Crying or Very sad

sleep time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next