Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Green Card

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cameladventures

cameladventures

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-02-16

Green Card Empty
PostSubject: Green Card   Green Card Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 12:43 am

Hi Tom,

One or the requirements to be able to start the Landy Rally is to produce a Green Card to the organizers.

I spoke to my insurance company before going to Africa as I wanted cover for travelling through Europe. They stated to me that as long as I informed them where and when I was travelling in Europe I would be covered and they no longer issue a Green Card. They further stated that I should take my Insurance Certificate with me.

I do not know if this only Norwich Unions policy or other companies do the same.

Is this going to cause problems?

Chalky Team Cameladventures Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.cameladventures.com
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Green Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Card   Green Card Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 4:26 am

I've just had a similar phone call with my insurance company.

They don't issue Green Cards, although they said if ineeded it, they would write a letter to that effect, and stating that i'm covered in Europe etc, and in the evemt of a claim, they would send all stuff retrospective, and explain that was covered.

This was Adrian Flux 4x4 section, so i think the policy is with NIG.

Any suggestions our illustrious Leader? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Green Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Card   Green Card Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 1:32 pm

Hi y'all - just back from the sunny South Coast. Getting ready for the Land Rover Weekend at Gaydon this coming weekend, so been a tad busy of late. No rest for the wicked?

So, the insurance question. This is basically another of life’s 'posterior-covering exercises' for me. Whether it be a Green Card, letter from your insurance company or whatever, as long as we the Organisers can see some type of proof that teams are covered for Continental motoring, that is sufficient

The simple reason is that I have seen it before where the Organisers have recommended additional European insurance and not everyone has bothered to sort it out, instead relying solely on their UK cover. You can guess what happened – an accident occurred, their UK insurance did not cover the third party, all Hell broke loose as the media ripped into the Organisational team unfairly citing negligence by “not warning teams adequately”. It was clear to me the Organisers were on a hiding to nothing from Day One by leaving it so open and to the team’s discretion. Clearly not all owners are as organised and efficient as yourselves.

To avoid this problem rearing its ugly head on our event (and let’s face it, this is something that if it went pear-shaped it could potentially ruin future Landy Rallies), as I said I’m covering my backside in this manner. It is however still very much up to individual teams to cover their own ‘rear ends’ by protecting their vehicles and property. “You know it makes sense”.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Green Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Card   Green Card Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green Card
Page 1 of 1