Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Green Laning in North Wales

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Green Laning in North Wales Empty
PostSubject: Green Laning in North Wales   Green Laning in North Wales Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:24 am

Anybody done any green laning in North Wales ? and can they recommend any lanes ?
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Green Laning in North Wales   Green Laning in North Wales Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:58 pm

Not for a long time, but there were some crackers of what I remember. Without doubt the most famous routes over that way are Sarn Helen and The Wayfarer, with the Pheasant Pen Steps a close third, although I don’t actually know where any of them are! Fat lot of good I hear you say.

I did however manage to find a pretty video of Sarn Helen …

http://www.vidoemo.com/yvideo.php?i=OTJrZFMycWuRpS2Z6SzQ&sarn-helen-river-crossing-rock-steps

Plus on a forum …

Okay Folks, route is all sorted, meet at Corwen Carpark at 10am.

We do a couple of small lanes in corwen to warm up, then go take a look at the carwash, TBH cant see us doing it, rivers are well up and doubt they will drop by tommorow.

From there its up to the wayfarer, then the Pheasant Pen Steps, this takes us upto the ceiriog way and then allt y badi into Glyn Ceriog and the dogleg.

Couple of 'little' lanes in between.

On another forum …

Get a map, stand on the railway crossing looking away from Barmouth. 2/3rds up the side of the hill is a very nice long one.

Any good? Best thing is to contact GLASS on www.glass-uk.org to make certain you don’t wander where you shouldn’t, easily done and all that. Good luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green Laning in North Wales   Green Laning in North Wales Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 6:40 pm

why you ask i have them all marked up

as its annoying looking likly ill only be there for a short time which is bloody annoying, ill make sure dad has all the maps and info on the lanes that either i have or can get a hold of

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
bauldrick

bauldrick

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Green Laning in North Wales   Green Laning in North Wales Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:52 am

hi , i have a 18 mile route in north wales and only live 20 away so if you would like to meat up and swap notes and routs will be good
, how rough do you want them to be , i went up there last week and had the series 1 spinning all wheels to get up this one section ( wrong gear an the tyres pressures all wrong ) ,
i am also going to start a green laning tours in mid wales , website goes on line in the new year so any one wanting to come along and play will be more then welcome , OK speak soon David
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Green Laning in North Wales   Green Laning in North Wales Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:59 am

Anybody willing to lend me a off-roader? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green Laning in North Wales   Green Laning in North Wales Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:34 am

seeing how you drive and direct ... let me think .... no
i like my bonnet straight

i will play swapsys at the christmas weekend, id be up for a play, i was looking at doing some south wales green lane trips in next summer while i was out there

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
bauldrick

bauldrick

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Green Laning in North Wales   Green Laning in North Wales Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:39 am

i can lend you a mountain bike if you like
Back to top Go down
loncbt

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Green Laning in North Wales   Green Laning in North Wales Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:45 pm

I havent got that many North Wales ones Sylvia, but as you know i run trips regular around Mid Wales. How far South are you going to be venturing?
Back to top Go down
http://www.swporc.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green Laning in North Wales   Green Laning in North Wales Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green Laning in North Wales
Page 1 of 1