Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team Crazy~Monkeys

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

Team Crazy~Monkeys Empty
PostSubject: Team Crazy~Monkeys   Team Crazy~Monkeys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 4:54 pm

As most of you know I was part of Team Monstar in LR07 and LR08 when we have saved up a few more pennies we will be in LR09 in my Frontera Sport, with Amanda my partner in crime.

Team Crazy~Monkeys Pic_210

Team Crazy~Monkeys Web210

Team Crazy~Monkeys Dscf1210

Team Crazy~Monkeys Dscf3610

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYuIYNaKynI

this is how we rock and roll: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=57sy2_2Wrto&feature=related
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Team Crazy~Monkeys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Crazy~Monkeys   Team Crazy~Monkeys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 5:04 pm

Quote :
As most of you know I was part of Team Monstar in LR07 and LR08 when we have saved up a few more pennies we will be in LR09 in my Frontera Sport, with Amanda my partner in crime.

Then follows a picture of Amanda. Besides seriously needing a haircut, reckon she could do with a dental visit too! Razz
Back to top Go down

Team Crazy~Monkeys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Crazy~Monkeys   Team Crazy~Monkeys Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:36 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Team Crazy~Monkeys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Crazy~Monkeys   Team Crazy~Monkeys Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 4:53 pm

Tom No No No affraid

She'll not bake you anymore cakes if you upset her. lol!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Team Crazy~Monkeys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Crazy~Monkeys   Team Crazy~Monkeys Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:47 pm

Nice cake, all except for the orange teeth I've had ever since! No
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Team Crazy~Monkeys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Crazy~Monkeys   Team Crazy~Monkeys Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:38 am

Are they LANDY RALLY teeth ? Laughing

lol!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Team Crazy~Monkeys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Crazy~Monkeys   Team Crazy~Monkeys Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:14 pm

Ain't so bad really, everyone just thinks it's just the reflection off my orange sweatshirt. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Team Crazy~Monkeys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Crazy~Monkeys   Team Crazy~Monkeys Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:52 pm

I've just seen my first Landy Rally 2009 sticker. It's in orange and also in the correct font. Photo to follow when camera is returned and daylight arrives !
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Team Crazy~Monkeys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Crazy~Monkeys   Team Crazy~Monkeys Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 4:03 pm

yeah its landed hehe just need to get the co driver back walking and then get her a driving license Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Team Crazy~Monkeys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Crazy~Monkeys   Team Crazy~Monkeys Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:47 am

Sylvia Johnson wrote:
I've just seen my first Landy Rally 2009 sticker. It's in orange and also in the correct font. Photo to follow when camera is returned and daylight arrives !

Southern slackers ..... we've had LR09 stickers on the landy for weeks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Team Crazy~Monkeys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Crazy~Monkeys   Team Crazy~Monkeys Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:11 am

good effort Laughing Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Team Crazy~Monkeys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Crazy~Monkeys   Team Crazy~Monkeys Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:59 am

Well I've still got 2008 stickers on Lenny. Well I think we have - it got a bit muddy on Monday so they are on there somewhere !

Just waiting for Kieran to come home and wash the vehicles lol! lol!

We are still trying to decide on a charity at the moment. I've got a couple in mind but which one ?? :?:
Back to top Go down

Team Crazy~Monkeys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Crazy~Monkeys   Team Crazy~Monkeys Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:33 am

whats your couple in mind?

no car washing today, im waiing fr you all to get out of bed so i can start stripping the head off of pinky, possible to rebuild it before next saturday Shocked ?

i have a LR 2009 sticker on weeks ago Laughing ( even though theres no date on it ) it was stuck on in 2009 Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Team Crazy~Monkeys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Crazy~Monkeys   Team Crazy~Monkeys Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:05 am

Why not do what Deano has done Sylvia? Approach the local newspaper (the Ross Gazette in his case) to say himself, his girlfriend and their Range Rover are participating in the 3,000 mile Landy Rally 2009 blah blah blah, so are looking for a local charity to support.

Result? Instant publicity, instant recognition in the town (realise Ross-on-Wye is a lot smaller then Mansfield, but so many now know him and the vehicle as it passes) and when seeking out sponsorship for the charity and/or commercial backing for the team, something to place in his folder of pretty pictures.

Give it a go - everything to gain and nothing to lose and all that!

Just one piece of advice though, make certain the paper doesn't mention your street (that's a complete no no) or even your locality in their write-up ... simply you're from Mansfield. Tea-leaves read the local papers too, so avoiding a visit in the night is a rather good move.
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Team Crazy~Monkeys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Crazy~Monkeys   Team Crazy~Monkeys Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 5:37 am

and we certainly dont want to be tea leafed :face: :face: affraid affraid confused
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Team Crazy~Monkeys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Crazy~Monkeys   Team Crazy~Monkeys Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:44 am

andybloke wrote:

Southern slackers ..... we've had LR09 stickers on the landy for weeks!

I had to mention that, didn't I ....

Unfortunately, we've had sunshine for 2 days now... My back window stickers have suffered already!

Team Crazy~Monkeys BackSticker
Vinyl: UV stable.
Ink: UV stable.
Printed layer: Evidently not UV stable - millions of tiny bubbles appeared between the layers.

Team Crazy~Monkeys DoorSticker
Door stickers are doing ok. The yellow ones have been there since Abingdon, and the orange one on the bonnet is still nice and bright, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Team Crazy~Monkeys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Crazy~Monkeys   Team Crazy~Monkeys Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi

Just to let the world know, unfortunately Team Crazy~Monkeys wont be making it to the start line this year, dont worry now little ones on the way like 4x4 bun fortunately for me Laughing scratch But as some of you will know Manda had a problem with her knee in february and required surgery but it took the NHS until May to figure out she had torn her cartlidge and had to have some of her muscle in her knee tinkered with along with a MOT whilst they were in there. She is now however recovering fine this process is taking alot longer than doctors predicted but she is starting back to work next week with a phased return back to wrok over 4 weeks (as she is a nurse, requires alot of standing and walking around) so when she gets back to working full time she will then have to have 2 weeks off for LR which is not good for the progression and getting used to working thus problem 1.
Problem 2 is that manda started to learn to drive in January and passed her theory back in June but the 6 months out of action has meant no driving so has not been able to pass her test yet so unable to drive on the continent.
Problem 3 ye old cash in bank

We will hope to catch up with you all soon and no doubt at the christmas party we will see many of you there!!

We wish everyone best of luck for the rally and hope there arent too many breakdowns (but it wouldnt be landy rally if there wasnt any would it??)

Regards

Marc + Manda
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Team Crazy~Monkeys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Crazy~Monkeys   Team Crazy~Monkeys Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:45 pm

"little ones on the way" - think you missed out the small but highly significant word NOT! affraid

Similar to the Road Hogs and Pudesy, it's a real shame and gutted for you as nothing can beat driving your own vehicle on Landy Rally. And that is the crucial point - with Manda not having a licence, it would be bloody hard work for you so would really spoil the experience.

Never mind, in your case 2010 is a far better proposition, so best your participation is delayed until then.

Get well soon Manda. bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Team Crazy~Monkeys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Crazy~Monkeys   Team Crazy~Monkeys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Crazy~Monkeys
Page 1 of 1