Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest news about teams for LR`09

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Latest news about teams for LR`09 Empty
PostSubject: Latest news about teams for LR`09   Latest news about teams for LR`09 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:35 am

What with the forum in the doldrums at the mo, it always does at this time of year, I thought I would let you know the latest regarding teams for Land Rally 2009. This will be brief and somewhat vague however as I prefer to teams to introduce themselves rather than me do it for them.

In one bulk entry, seems there will definitely be 4 (possibly 5) teams from 'way up norf'. Looks as if they will be getting the ferry from Hull to Rotterdam or Zeebrugge then on to Eindhoven for the start at the "4x4 World Show", then returning Calais to Dover. I dare say they will be joined by others also planning similar crossings - teams from the Doncaster and Mansfield areas spring to mind.

It also looks as if East Anglia will be represented, not to mention Wales once again.

Last but not least, momentum for the Landy(ish) Rally is now picking up, the latest being a two-vehicle team comprising of a Volkswagen Toureg and a Nissan Patrol, both of which are normally utilised as towing vehicles for Land Rover 90 challenge competition vehicles. Reckon they after a bit of comfort for Landy Rally, and who can blame them?

There have been many other enquiries of course, but until they become more probable I won't bore you with minor details at this stage. Suffice to say Landy Rally 2009 is well on track, with as much or even more interest than last year. We must be doing something right folks! cheers
Back to top Go down
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Latest news about teams for LR`09   Latest news about teams for LR`09 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:26 pm

Just for info we think we will probably travel from Harwich to Holland. The sailing times are a bit better and it is marginally cheaper overall from Mansfield. In terms of cost there isnt much to choose between any of the three possibilities as far I can tell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Latest news about teams for LR`09   Latest news about teams for LR`09 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:52 pm

thats good to hear tom, as for kieran i think his space ship will beam him down in the arctic if hes map reading affraid affraid :king: hopefully when the shows start up again there will be some more people sticking their names down cheers :flower: :flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
Richard Potts

Richard Potts

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Latest news about teams for LR`09   Latest news about teams for LR`09 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:23 pm

Hi Tom, yes we're the mad bunch from the North bounce , all part of the 4x4 Jamboree group. At the moment we have two Landy's and two Jeeps (with a possible third Jeep).... so the planning is well on the way! We'll decide over the next few weeks which day/night to travel (Ferry) from Hull. At the moment looks like the Thursday night, arrive at the show/start Friday.... all in good time for the Saturday! If possible, please provide more info. on the times for the Saturday (vehicle check/time, when we leave the 4x4 show/estimated time we arrive at the campsite).

We'll keep you updated on our progress.

Richard.....
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Latest news about teams for LR`09   Latest news about teams for LR`09 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:45 am

Hello and welcome to the funny farm Richard! As the teams of the 4x4 Jamboree group book up, I'd suggest they introduce themselves individually in the TEAMS & CREWS section, but until then this is fine for any questions you may have.

Most important time of all is the start on Saturday 19th September - it is 1pm. The majority of teams will arrive in Einhoven on the Friday, which means we can hold Registration and Scrutineering daytime and early evening, plus have a get-together (party!!! drunken ) Friday evening. This also allows crews to wander around the show for a couple of hours Sat morning.

For those teams with work commitments who can't arrive until the Saturday morning, we'll still have ample time for Scrutineering before the off. Registration and Scrutineering are after all nothing too precise or heavy-handed, just merely there to make certain all the paperwork is in order (to cover the organisers) and vehicles and equipment are in good order (for the entrants own safety).

ETA at the first campsite Saturday night in Germany is from 7pm.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Latest news about teams for LR`09   Latest news about teams for LR`09 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:55 am

Opps, forgot to mention a new team has just booked - running a 5.2 litre supercharged V8 Foers Ibex no less! affraid

However, it's not all good news as sadly a little footnote points out this may change to a Disco 3 before the off. Must say I'd prefer to hear the sound of a 5.2 echoing off the Alps rather than the Disco. The Disco 3 may be a technically advanced machine, but to a petrolhead ...
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Latest news about teams for LR`09   Latest news about teams for LR`09 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:02 am

Wey hey, Tony from Suffolk Land Rover Owners Club rang the other day. For those who don't know, he participated in the inaugural Landy Rally 2007 under the club name of SLROC. Well he said he would return in 2009 and sure enough he is! cheers

Doubtless he will re-introduce himself, his vehicle and crew within the TEAMS & CREWS section in due course, so just for now I'll simply say ... welcome home!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest news about teams for LR`09   Latest news about teams for LR`09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest news about teams for LR`09
Page 1 of 1