Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
evo4x4

evo4x4

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group Empty
PostSubject: Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group   Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:43 am

Up to 2005 the CSMA - its 500,000 members making it the UK's largest active motoring club - had an 4x4 group; however the 4x4 involvement waned.

Last month saw the revival of 4x4 interest within the CSMA. I went to the fact finding meeting, nodded off and exited as Chairman of the new committee!

We are holding our first event (non-competitive but with 'challenges' as we seek to cater from novices to experts) on 15th March on military land at Bordon in Hampshire - and have plans for at least a couple of other events during the year; it is early days for us. Recovery, refreshment van and first aid support are all made available.

If you are, or were, or have a friend or relative who is or was a Civil Servant (the definition is very broad thus almost anyone is eligible!), you can join the CSMA via www.csmaclub.co.uk - and follow the links to membership and membership activities.

We are near the cut-off date for Bordon; if you want to take part p/m me asap and I'll send you the entry form.

Keith
TeamTaff
10th overall Landy/BOFA 4x4 European Rally 2008. Awarded the 'Spirit of the Event' Trophy
www.teamtaff.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://www.croatianholidays.eu
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group   Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:08 am

That's good news. I used to deal with the 4x4 section of CSMA quite a bit in the late 90's as they used to attend my big 4x4 & Military family shows at Weston Park, Shropshire. Good crowd.

Event duly listed on www.4x4calendar.co.uk plus I’m posting it on a few 4x4 forums if that's okay? Good luck with it.
Back to top Go down
evo4x4

evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group   Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:34 am

Tom - Many thanks for the positve comments/action. Hopefully we'll see the CSMA 4x4 element grow again and you'll see them at your shows.

Best regards
Keith
TeamTaff
10th overall Landy/BOFA 4x4 European Rally 2008. Awarded the 'Spirit of the Event' Trophy
www.teamtaff.co.uk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group   Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:33 pm

never heard of them, before my time?

i shall do my homework and find out who they are:lol:
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group   Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:51 pm

Do you come north of Watford Gap ??

Otherwise might need my pasport stamped to go south.

Kieran most things are before your time.
Back to top Go down
evo4x4

evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group   Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:16 pm

Kieran - Get back to your studies and therein you will learn about the mystique of the CSMA; then you'll probably wish you'd never heard of them!

Sylvia - I get nervous going north of the Watford Gap therefore....

We plan a Salisbury Plain event in June then a Sept event at an MOD site in Cambs sometime in Sept. But you are right, too much is centred in the S/SE. It is early days but we will get further North as time/interest progresses.

Best regards
Keith
TeamTaff
www.teamtaff.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group   Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 5:50 am

Just so you kmow, I've posted this on a number of off-road forums -

i.e. http://www.lro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=247050#247050
Back to top Go down
evo4x4

evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group   Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

And a taker; well done Tom

Best regards
Keith
TeamTaff
www.teamtaff.co.uk
Back to top Go down
truffles

truffles

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group   Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:06 pm

Well there you go I am a fully paid up member of the CSMA and it was about time they recognised the growth of 4x4 owners again.

However being Chairman of Thames Valley 4x4 Club we hold our own events on MOD land the next being April 5th at Hogmoor Arena so if you need any tips feel free to ask. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group   Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) 4x4 Group
Page 1 of 1