Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009

Go down 
+2
JC
Tom Mc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009 Empty
PostSubject: LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009   LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 5:58 pm

DOH!!! Just realised I did not have a thread for Billing - do now. Better late than never? Embarassed

I shall be along there on Thursday 16th to set up the Landy Rally Club stand. Jan from UK 4x4 Centre (also known as CB Shack + Ham Radio Supplies) is lending us his 6m x 3m double gazebo, so together with Fred's monstrous Tango and my RR on the stand, everyone will know that 'Team Orange' has arrived!

In addition to the actual club stand pitch, I managed to rope off a 'Landy Rally camping area' last year, so I'll try the same trick this year. No promises however as the camping areas have been completely revamped what with the change of magazine running the show. If possible I will aim for the same area as 2008 (near Vinnie's Indian restaurant) so phone me upon arrival to see if I have managed it or not.

It would certainly help to know who is going as I need to calculate the size of area we need.

So far it's:-

Jon Kelly (on his VentureOverland trade stand)
Fred
Geoff
Jan (on his UK 4x4 Centre trade stand)
Didier (a last minute surprise, Didier is a leading light of Club des Aigles of Val d’Isère, France - the venue for our off-roading on Landy Rally - and is flying over especially for Billing)
Dan White
François Lefebvre (another surprise addition, François is brother of Hervé Lefebvre, owner of the prestigious Café de Paris in Calais where we hold the prize-giving dinner on Landy Rally).
Bling
Me

Any more?

Also don't forget that all Landy Rally entrants from 2007, 2008 or 2009 (or even potential participants for LR`10) are welcome to join us on a visit to the production lines at Land Rover Limited, Lode Lane, Solihull on Monday 09.00 hrs 20th July 2009.

I believe we are up to 15 persons so far, but I believe there are still a few more places available. This tour is a rare privilege indeed, so if interested it will cost £30 per person and the tour lasts until 13.00 ish.

That’s it, apart from the fact I will have loads of cold beers to offer any passing waifs and strays – call in and say hello!
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009   LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:03 pm

Tom Mc wrote:

Any more?

I believe we are up to 15 persons so far, but I believe there are still a few more places available. This tour is a rare privilege indeed, so if interested it will cost £30 per person and the tour lasts until 13.00 ish.

Jo and I shall be going on Sunday. There is a registered post awaiting collection at the our local depot which is hopefully our Billing tickets which I managed to secure on ebay!
I'll not leave feedback until after the event...well they could be duff tickets...'innit!

Love to go to Lode Lane for the production line walkabout but used up all my holiday allowance and it would only be frowned upon if I asked for the time off only to get a 'no' and then ring in Monday with swine flu! Oh I dunno, on second thoughts there's a lot of it about I guess. :suspect:
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009   LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Tempting eh? Wink

Updated list:-

Jon Kelly (on his VentureOverland trade stand)
Fred
Geoff
Jan (on his UK 4x4 Centre trade stand)
Didier (a last minute surprise, Didier is a leading light of Club des Aigles of Val d’Isère, France - the venue for our off-roading on Landy Rally - and is flying over especially for Billing)
Dan White
François Lefebvre (another surprise addition, François is brother of Hervé Lefebvre, owner of the prestigious Café de Paris in Calais where we hold the prize-giving dinner on Landy Rally).
Bling
Jay & Jo (aka JayC & Potti)
Mark (Team Landrovers & Wine LR`07)
Andy (Team Bushpigs LR`07)
(Gaz & his better half who are entering LR`09 ... you've yet to meet them)
Me

Did I mention, I'm also popping up to Newark on Saturday to 'ave a butchers at the LRM Land Rover Max! Show. Just heard that the two LR`09 teams from Team Thames Valley 4x4 will be there (including Team Pudsey and Carrie's "Daisy") so anyone want to join me they are most welcome. Back Saturday night for yet another session. drunken
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009   LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:06 pm

oow a good line of celebrities there Tom, im not sure if ill be able to make it this weekend but will give it a good go Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009   LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:59 am

... and it's getting longer! Updated list:-

Jon Kelly (Team VentureOverland LR`07 + LR`09 ... he'll be residing on his VentureOverland trade stand)
Fred & Geoff (attending with Tango & Tango Tow - Fred/Geoff being part of Landy Rally's Mechanical Support Crew LR`07, LR`08, LR`09)
Jan (potential LR`09 team - on his UK 4x4 Centre trade stand)
Didier (a last minute surprise, Didier is a leading light of Club des Aigles of Val d’Isère, France - the venue for our off-roading on Landy Rally - and is flying over especially for Billing. He'll be on the Landy Rally Club stand for the duration of Billing)
Dan White (Team Some Broke Students, a Sailor and 'Nessy'! - team still to be officially named LR`09)
Dave aka Bling (Team Bling 'n' well up 4 It LR`07)
Jay & Jo (aka JayC & Potti - Team Diesel Head LR`09)
Vanessa (aka Lady V - Team Hard to Handle LR`08)
Lu & Tweedie (Team T'n'T LR`07)
Me
Back to top Go down
Dan White

Dan White

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009   LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:39 am

Tom Mc wrote:

Dan White (Team Some Broke Students, a Sailor and 'Nessy'! - team still to be officially named LR`09)

Team H4H! Whether that's Help for heroes or here-4rd hillbillies etc not quite sure!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009   LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:01 am

Last list, I'm off ...

Jon Kelly (Team VentureOverland LR`07 + LR`09 ... he'll be residing on his VentureOverland trade stand)
Fred & Geoff (attending with Tango & Tango Tow - Fred/Geoff being part of Landy Rally's Mechanical Support Crew LR`07, LR`08, LR`09)
Jan (potential LR`09 team - on his UK 4x4 Centre trade stand)
Didier (a last minute surprise, Didier is a leading light of Club des Aigles of Val d’Isère, France - the venue for our off-roading on Landy Rally - and is flying over especially for Billing. He'll be on the Landy Rally Club stand for the duration of Billing)
Dan White (Team H4H - Help For Heroes LR`09) ... good cause! cheers
Dave aka Bling (Team Bling 'n' well up 4 It LR`07)
Jay & Jo (aka JayC & Potti - Team Diesel Head LR`09)
Vanessa (aka Lady V - Team Hard to Handle LR`08)
Lu & Tweedie (Team T'n'T LR`07)
Me
Back to top Go down
Potti

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Billing   LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 12:46 pm

Well we made it to Billing and met Tom and a few others. Had the best cup of tea (thanks Sheila) and fell in love with Ben's dog, Wolf. Pity the weather was a bit rubbish but didnt dampen the enthusiasm in the Tango tent. If our brief encounter was anything to go by then I suspect the rally is going to be an absolute hoot. lol! BRING IT ON!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dieselhead.org.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009   LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 7:17 pm

Ah! Thank you, suppose we must be doing something right then? Good to finally meet you too. I'll pass on your appreciation to 'er indoors.
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009   LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:59 pm

Potti wrote:
Pity the weather was a bit rubbish but didnt dampen the enthusiasm in the Tango tent.

That's true!!!!! lol! drunken scratch

Lu :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009   LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LRO Show, Billing, Northants 17-19 July 2009
Page 1 of 1