Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Billing L R show

Go down 
+6
DrivingMissDaisy
VentureOverland
theshortwayround
CarpeDiem
andybloke
Lu and Tweedie
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 12:37 pm

Hi everyone

We're going to the Billing show. cheers Is anybody else going?

I was told all the additional camping at Grange farm had sold out when I tried to book earier in the week - but they seem to have found some extra space - yippee!! So we are now booked in. Smile

The off-road course sounds good - has anybody been before? We've been on courses at Peterborough, Malvern, Driffield and Eastnor Castle, but not to Billing. :?:

Lu :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 5:20 pm

BJ and I will be on the Team Tombraider stand, just around the corner from the Arena for quite a bit of the time.

If anyone wants stensils made up, £2 (either to us, or via justgiving.com) for DIESEL / PETROL, WATER ONLY, Team Name and number plate stensils, you can collect them there. kieran liked 'em, and it's for charity! MAY have spare DIESEL and WATER ONLY ones with me, but for personalised ones I need to know in advance to get them cut, so PM me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 11:58 pm

Hope to make it!

Cheers, mark
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 10:54 am

I'm trying to get a shift swap for one of the days :elephant: , so i hope i'll at least be able tomake it for a day.
Sadly Janets on her off road course that weekend, so she wo't be able to make it, although she'll be having the same kinda fun elsewhere! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 1:19 am

We'll be on the Patriot Roofrack stand. Hopefully with our newly repaired tent... That wind was savage at Manby!!

Feel free to pop in and say high or simply shelter from the rain.... I must remember.... "Positive Thinking.. Positive Thinking.. Positive thinking.. IT WILL BE DRY AND HOT..., no tornadoes thins year!!!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
DrivingMissDaisy

DrivingMissDaisy

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 3:02 am

Hello,

I'll be there on the Saturday so will try and say Hello to as many people as possible!
I'll be the lost looking girlie, obviously a Landy Newbie and laden down with lots of essential expedition stuff (like chocolate etc....)!

Best wishes
Clare
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 3:13 am

DrivingMissDaisy wrote:
Hello,

I'll be there on the Saturday so will try and say Hello to as many people as possible!
I'll be the lost looking girlie, obviously a Landy Newbie and laden down with lots of essential expedition stuff (like chocolate etc....)!

Best wishes
Clare

Welcome to the forum, Clare!

Hope to see you there!
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 4:12 am

DrivingMissDaisy wrote:
Hello,

Best wishes
Clare

Welcome aboard...

Speak to Tom and get a bright orange Landy Rally jumper from him. Then everyone will see you from miles around!!!

Look forward to meeting you.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 5:26 am

Announcement about Billing coming very soon, making sure we can all meet up and not miss each other.

Personally, I reckon every trader, camper and visitor should wear a bright orange T-shirt/sweatshirt, and the Landy Rally teams should wear ... nothing at all! Nude/starkers/au natural. Might be scary, but think of the publicity! Not to mention the spin-off payments the girlies would receive from the Sunday Sport for the 'exclusive photo shoots'!!!

A fertive mind or stark raving mad - you decide. bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 6:34 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Announcement about Billing coming very soon, making sure we can all meet up and not miss each other.

Personally, I reckon every trader, camper and visitor should wear a bright orange T-shirt/sweatshirt, and the Landy Rally teams should wear ... nothing at all! Nude/starkers/au natural. Might be scary, but think of the publicity! Not to mention the spin-off payments the girlies would receive from the Sunday Sport for the 'exclusive photo shoots'!!!

A fertive mind or stark raving mad - you decide. bounce bounce bounce

Wooo Hooo... That sort of idea could only come from Tom. However, now its in the open... Would it be wrong to charge Jo Public an entrance fee to see what all the commotion was about??? Im thinking funds for Tommy's Baby charity would rocket....
cheers
Back to top Go down
DrivingMissDaisy

DrivingMissDaisy

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 7:06 am

Is there a 'Landy Ladies' section in one of the mags?! Shocked Wink

I think I'll stick with the orange sweatshirt idea... sunny

Look forward to meeting you all.

Thanks
Clare
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 7:45 am

DrivingMissDaisy wrote:
Is there a 'Landy Ladies' section in one of the mags?! Shocked Wink

Not yet, but if it could raise money for charity, I'll put it on a website!
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-03-01

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 8:48 am

You've seen the Calendar Girls, how about "The Landy Girls" charity calendar?
I have a very good camera Wink
I will volunteer my services FOC if only to make sure pervy Tom doesn't get a front row seat lol!
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 8:52 am

Re calender, already underway! we had a chat with Tom a while back about it (Tom do you remember?)
We have been making some enquires as to the last date it needs to be done, ideally after the rally so we can use the rally pictures!

Not so sure about nudity, sounds fun, but painful if the wrong bit's need repairs on the landy, all sorts of things could get caught, and where to you keep your spanners? lol!

Welcome to the mad house clare, are you gonna post on the team and vehicles pages so we know who you are, what your driving, charity etc?
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 9:11 am

Welcome Clare!

All the best, Mark
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 4:00 pm

Hi Claire

Welcome to the madhouse :flower:

There are more blokes than girls, so I think they should do the calendar! Tom stuck in the snow in his Astra would be perfect for December! santa

Lu :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 4:10 pm

Mmmmm, your post could easily link in with my post in General Chat about erect nips!

Think you should reconsider which sex will be doing December! Wink
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-03-01

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 4:05 am

Very small, cold and wrinkled up in December - THATS TOM BY THE WAY!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 2:56 pm

Well, it would seam that i'm not ment to get to any of the shows this year, sadly i've not been able to get either day off, too many weddings this weekend apparently, and no onw willing to do a shift swap Crying or Very sad

Hope you all enjoy billing, and any volunteers, i need a small box, or tin, small ammo tin maybe be of use, but needs to be a specific size, of which i can't remember, but i will get tomorrow!

Ah well, i guess at least i'll be earning money instead of spending it!

:arrow:
Back to top Go down
DrivingMissDaisy

DrivingMissDaisy

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 3:04 pm

ebay is good for ammo tins but it can take some hunting for good ones.

look forward to meeting you in September.
Hope work is okay
Clare & Will
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 8:52 am

Yeah thanks for that, is hard to find a box the right size,

Talking of which, dimentions required are 460mm x 250mm x 150mm

ah well, let the hunting begin!

(also don't want to pay anymore than about £15)

Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 7:22 am

Can't make Billing, Landy ready, just needs MOT now.

Have a good time,
All the best, Mark
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 12:10 pm

Hi Steve, I think I may hve a box to suit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 3:26 am

Got back from Billing late last night (Monday). WHAT A WEIRD WEEKEND! Torrential rain Thursday and Friday turned the site into a complete mud-bath. This in turn meant that my tour of traders for the Landy Rally teams on Friday was farcical, and with the ground conditions turning forever worse, it was not much better on Sat and Sun. It got to the stage Sunday that even trying to walk from A to B was a nightmare with all the mud.

Still, it was good to meet the new teams, several of which turned up along with the ‘old faces’ – I feel as if I’ve know people like BJ, Andybloke, Lu, Tweedie, etc. for years already (this does not seem to read right – it’s a good thing I assure you), not to mention the folk from Venture Overland and Custom Vinyl, yet it has only been since about February this year! So much has gone on over these past few months, and we still have Landy Rally to come. Better build up my energy levels methinks!

Anyway, the teams I did manage to meet seemed to enjoy themselves, and either through myself or independently, managed to spend a small fortune on bits and pieces for their steeds. Don’t forget, if you after a particular piece of kit, ask me first and via the discount scheme I have established with a host of 4x4 traders, I can either introduce you via email or point you in the right direction and you can do your own thing. On large, expensive items like winches, roofracks, suspension systems, tyres and so forth, I could even phone the proprietor of the company in question and ask them personally what they can do for you. As I say, don’t hesitate to ask me first about this … or anything!
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 5:44 am

Hey Lucky Trucker, excellent, what dimensions do you have?? thanks.

Tom, i'm after a hiclone, paddocks and Scopion sell them, not sure of any others, what do you think? any contacts?

Ta

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Billing L R show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billing L R show   Billing L R show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Billing L R show
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next