Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help for Heros landy rally copy...??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Smego

Smego

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Help for Heros landy rally copy...?? Empty
PostSubject: Help for Heros landy rally copy...??   Help for Heros landy rally copy...?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:53 pm

Hi Tom and co, anyone seen this sounds like somebody is copying your idea only on a smaller scale as this post has been posted on surrey off-roaders:

"HELP FOR HEROES 4x4 EUROPEAN RALLY - June 19th-29th 2010 (http://www.h4hrally.co.uk)

The HELP FOR HEROES 4x4 EUROPEAN RALLY 2010 will start at Noon on Saturday 19th June 2010 at a secret location in North Wiltshire. After using byways on Salisbury Plain we will all go to Portsmouth to embark on the ferry over to France. It will be a 1650 mile/2640 km expedition encompassing 6 countries in 10 days, this non-speed event comprising a maximum of 30+ teams will be part history tour, fun competition, part off-road driving and part club-type social, open to all types of 4x4 vehicles. The money raised by teams will be donated to our chosen charity, HELP FOR HEROES (http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk). ETC ETC"
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Help for Heros landy rally copy...??   Help for Heros landy rally copy...?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 2:59 pm

Hello Gary! Not really a problem mate. The guys behind it are from Team Taff (LR`08) Keith and his lad Tim. Yes, it's clear where the idea originated from and maybe there is some duplication (like most of the description – sounds as if I wrote it myself!!!) but it's for a good cause and it won’t affect Landy Rally as H4H Rally will be over-subscribed anyway. As you say it’s shorter and folk will like the concept.

That said, the only part that is too similar is … “4x4 EUROPEAN RALLY” as I’m sure this could have been described differently, but it’s out there now so I’m letting it ride. Thanks for pointing it out though; if you don’t mind it staying, then nor do I.
Back to top Go down
Tuggy

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Help for Heros landy rally copy...??   Help for Heros landy rally copy...?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:31 am

hi tom,,,its on devon 4x4 site forum as well,,,,,,thought,,,,uummmm.... Cool Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Help for Heros landy rally copy...??   Help for Heros landy rally copy...?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:26 pm

It's everywhere mate. Now you wouldn't catch me doing things like that! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Help for Heros landy rally copy...??   Help for Heros landy rally copy...?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:06 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
It's everywhere mate. Now you wouldn't catch me doing things like that! Rolling Eyes

not like the orange plagues that seem to be ever growing at Land Rover shows bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
loncbt

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Help for Heros landy rally copy...??   Help for Heros landy rally copy...?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:14 pm

And the amount of Orange T-Shirts wandering around.....LOL :afro:
Back to top Go down
http://www.swporc.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help for Heros landy rally copy...??   Help for Heros landy rally copy...?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help for Heros landy rally copy...??
Page 1 of 1