Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fuel Prices...

Go down 
+2
Tom Mc
andybloke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Fuel Prices... Empty
PostSubject: Fuel Prices...   Fuel Prices... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 4:32 pm

Just been checking fuel prices.... Our local station is 102.9p for both petrol and diesel. Prices we can expect to pay across Europe are lower for us heavy oil burners, but considerably more if you're running on petrol.

Prices in Pence sterling:
Belgium - Petrol: 118.2, Diesel: 92.7
Netherlands - Petrol: 128.1, Diesel: 95.3
France - Petrol: 112.1, Diesel: 99.2
Germany - Petrol: 116.3, Diesel: 96.3
Luxembourg - Petrol: 93.0, Diesel: 74.5
Switzerland - Petrol: 92.7, Diesel: 93.3
Austria - Petrol: 96.0, Diesel: 87.6
Spain - Petrol: 94.9, Diesel: 83.7

Norway remains the only place more expensive than London for buying Diesel in Europe (107.4).

LPG still tending to be half the price of petrol I believe ... but I can't find anywhere to put the tank scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Fuel Prices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Prices...   Fuel Prices... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 4:31 am

An interesting exercise, one that sooner or later I was going to get around to myself - probably later!

Guess we won't be buying any petrol in Holland then? That's outrageous!

As you say, diesel is pretty much consistent throughout and petrol, although higher, fortunately does dip when us LPG users need it most - in Andorra and Spain where we can't find the stuff. Phew! Suppose in the end our fuel bills will just even out because of this anomaly. Still gonna be hefty though, but not quite as hefty as the lads in the Foers Ibex from Team ‘Bright Sparks’. Trust they’ve had their 4.2 petrol engine (with no LPG) tuned to peak performance? Ouch!
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Fuel Prices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Prices...   Fuel Prices... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:20 am

andybloke wrote:
Just been checking fuel prices.... Our local station is 102.9p for both petrol and diesel. Prices we can expect to pay across Europe are lower for us heavy oil burners, but considerably more if you're running on petrol.

Prices in Pence sterling:

Luxembourg - Petrol: 93.0, Diesel: 74.5

Luxembourg looks a pretty good place to buy half a dozen jerry cans! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Fuel Prices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Prices...   Fuel Prices... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:49 am

Yeah, the dieselers amongst you may just consider topping-up there.

More a case of 'fill yer boots' I'd say, and anything else that holds liquid. At that price I reckon Andybloke & Hannah will fill their patented "sealed nappy holder" with heavy oil and instead ditch Lucas' soiled nappies en route. So if you're cruising down an autoroute at 70 mph when some white and brown squigy thing with wings suddenly splats against your windscreen, trust me it won't be an eagle! No
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Fuel Prices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Prices...   Fuel Prices... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:15 pm

andybloke wrote:
LPG still tending to be half the price of petrol I believe ... but I can't find anywhere to put the tank scratch

I just discovered that one of my tanks is 2 inches shorter than the one I based my measurements on, so if I can cobble together some plumbing, we might be running LPG, too Smile

... and can anyone lend me a set of Euro LPG adapters?
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Fuel Prices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Prices...   Fuel Prices... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:17 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
At that price I reckon Andybloke & Hannah will fill their patented "sealed nappy holder" with heavy oil and instead ditch Lucas' soiled nappies en route.

No, we're syphoning off the methane from the nappies for the uphill sections.
Back to top Go down
DirtyWeekenders

DirtyWeekenders

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Fuel Prices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Prices...   Fuel Prices... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:48 pm

Quote :
"andybloke" Just been checking fuel prices....

Germany - Petrol: 116.3, Diesel: 96.3

Sorry, but these are probably the lowest you can expect for Germany.

In the towns, in Euro, the prices vary around 1.28 to 1.38 for petrol, and 1.08 to 1.15 or so for diesel. Probably more on motorways, but i never fill up on them.
The prices in every garage change at least every day, sometimes more than twice per day!! Usually goes up at the weekend and is lower on Monday, so there are long queues on Monday evenings.

Oh the joys of being an expat!! No No
Back to top Go down
Dean McGuigan

Dean McGuigan

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Fuel Prices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Prices...   Fuel Prices... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:35 am

andybloke wrote:
Euro LPG adapters?

What are these do i need them too? Got me worried now! From what i remember dad did'nt need to modify anything on his LPG system last year so im confused- help scratch
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Fuel Prices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Prices...   Fuel Prices... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:50 am

Quote :
From what i remember dad did'nt need to modify anything on his LPG system last year

Would he know how to modify it ?
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Fuel Prices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Prices...   Fuel Prices... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:31 am

I assumed your LPG installer would have mentioned this Dean, after all he does know you're popping off to Europe ... doesn't he?

As we have bayonet fittings and mainland Europe don't, you need two brass adaptors. They are:-

"Autogas LPG Euro Adaptor" costs £10.49 +£1.60
This accepts the “ACME” type filler gun, found in many European countries incuding Germany, Austria, Belgium and Ireland ... NO, we're not going to Ireland!

"Autogas LPG UK filler to 1" 3/4 ACME filler adapter" costs £6.69 +£1.27
This accepts the “claw-gun” type filler gun, found in many European countries including France, Italy, Poland, Scandinavia, Portugal and Czech Republic.

See http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Autogas-2000-Ltd__W0QQ_armrsZ1
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Fuel Prices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Prices...   Fuel Prices... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:06 pm

Impressive !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fuel Prices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Prices...   Fuel Prices... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel Prices...
Page 1 of 1