Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread'

Go down 
+2
andybloke
Tom Mc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread' Empty
PostSubject: The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread'   The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread' Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:04 pm

Is it just me or am I the only one left in Britain that thinks Jordan, the plastic person bounce bounce that is Katie Price is just a talentless, attention-seeking slapper?

I have been avidly avoiding the latest "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here" TV programme (sure you have the same over in the Neverlands Jaap), just the same as I avoid Big Brother these days, but tonight 'er indoors wanted to see it so I got dragged into watching the mind-numbing stupidity.

Ooooooo, I've been chosen for a Bush Tucker Trial, better look all nervous and afraid.

Yeah right! The only time she'd be afraid would be if she was left on the bench with all the other has been's. To be 'centre of attention' is exactly what she craves, so much so I would wager it's in her contract to be up there in front of the cameras. That annoyed, I've stormed out to vent my anger on the keyboard.

Does ITV and the various TV channels really think we want to see what this nonentity gets up to in her private life and in the false situation of "I'm A Celeb" ? Obviously they do, and I hate to say it, but they have probably got it right because the majority of the British public are as thick as her - but with less plastic surgery. I despair! No
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread'   The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread' Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:05 pm

Forgot to ask - what or who else do you hate/despise/loathe?
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread'   The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread' Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:31 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
Is it just me or am I the only one left in Britain that thinks Jordan, the plastic person bounce bounce that is Katie Price is just a talentless, attention-seeking slapper?

Who?

Quote :
I have been avidly avoiding the latest "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here" TV programme

What's that then?

Quote :
Does ITV and the various TV channels really think we want to see what this nonentity gets up to in her private life and in the false situation of "I'm A Celeb" ?

98% of The Sun readers watch ITV. The other 2% can't reach the remote control.

ITV's been mismanaged into the ground. Even Channel 5 get more businesses advertising in their commercial breaks - I think the last 3 times I've watched ITV (that's about a months viewing) the ad breaks have contained no adverts for products.

Quote :
Obviously they do, and I hate to say it, but they have probably got it right because the majority of the British public are as thick as her - but with less plastic surgery. I despair! No

Still none the wiser here. Just spotted an opportunity to bash ITV.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread'   The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread' Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:38 pm

When I went to sign on today, I stopped off at Morrisons for some Stella* (apparently it's the done thing when you're on the dole), and the person in front had "Inside Soaps" magazine and a load of baby food.... The cover of the magazine appeared to have a list of things that had happened in TV shows, followed by random questions:
Someone and Someone are married! Will it last?
Thingy is pregnant! What colour will the nursery be?
Whoever turns up to their own funeral! Is the coffin biodegradable?

ok, they weren't it. I didn't recognise a single thing from the front cover of this magazine, but it did amaze me that it was possible to buy a magazine that covered the "news" of the programme you've ALREADY SEEN! ... Virgin Media asked me this week why I was cancelling my service - we've not turned the cable box on for weeks. TV's shite.

* - 4 cans of 4% Stella for £3, plus £8 of groceries, by the way.
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread'   The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread' Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:59 pm

I'm a Celeb, we don't have, but the same shit sure there is
For instance Big brother is Dutch from origin Embarassed
The stupid American programs are broadcasted too (Paris Hilton for instance)
And off course the so called shownews, real life soaps etc.
All the more reason to be here instead of watching TV
However arond almost all the channels there is a reasonable amount of real news, backgrounds or documentaries.
It ain't that bad till now
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread'   The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread' Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 5:21 pm

Yeah, I like documentaries - about nature, war, building/destroying things, travel programmes, most of them really.

As for the popular stuff, I really like The Apprentice, just to see how really bad they can be, comedy panel shows like Have I Got New For You and QI, and virtually every type of sport - with the exception of all American sports which are over-hyped and brash, much like the nation I suppose.

Don't blame you Andybloke. I have a Virgin Media package, mainly because of the internet, but the programmes!!! Remove the 'real life police chases/shop-lifting/drug busts/gun crime progs' and the crap American made-for-TV dramas, and you're left with next to nothing.

What happened to the good ol' comedy sit-com? Last one I can think of was Men Behaving Badly and the lesser known Two Pints & a Packet of Crisps. They have died, along with TV in general.

Yes, it did all start to go wrong with Big Brother. I BLAME THE DUTCH! No
Back to top Go down
roamingman

roamingman

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread'   The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread' Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:31 am

Yes two much reality TV and soaps on more times a week now as well,
with all the cops shows on, as well getting more depressing then ever,
Like documentys and nature Spring watch, and meercat manor.
SHMBO waches Emerdale all ways good for a punch up, some one pregnant,
and of coures the Dingals allways good for a laugh.
If I am down will wach Deadenders, best comedy on TV Laughing
but noyhing like the Eastend of London.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teddybearspicnic.webs.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread'   The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread' Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:27 am

Have to admit I'm a Corrie fan. affraid Not even an age thing either as I've been watching it on and off since it started back in 1960 when I was 8 years old. I even remember the three 'witches' around the cauldron the Snug of the Rovers (actually it was simply a round table but that doesn't sound half as dramatic) - Minnie Caldwell, Matha Longhurst and of course the original battle-axe Ena Sharples.

Incidentally, on Sunday 19th September 2010 (the last day of Landy Rally 2010) Coronation Street officially becomes the world's longest running TV soap overtaking an American TV soap which has been axed.

Full of useless information this forum. study study study
Back to top Go down
chrisandhislandy

chrisandhislandy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread'   The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread' Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:33 pm

is there a 4x4 channel? i got extreme sports but its only once in a full moon they show offroading Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.customkontrollerz.co.nr
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread'   The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread' Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:09 pm

Unbelievable people can watch a soap so long.
It's been on dutch tele for some years but that's long ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread'   The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread' Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Haven't watched every episode for 50 years you understand. That's the beauty of soaps, you can leave it for a week or two, then pick up the storylines almost instantly.

If I could afford to play on yachts in St. Tropez or the Seychelles it may be a different matter, but as I have a TV and computer for company most nights, guess I'm stuck with crap TV. No
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread'   The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread' Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:08 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Haven't watched every episode for 50 years you understand. That's the beauty of soaps, you can leave it for a week or two, then pick up the storylines almost instantly.

ITYM "a year or two"
Back to top Go down
TonySLROC

TonySLROC

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: TV   The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread' Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:24 am

Bring back Crossroads that what i say!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.totalsolution.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread'   The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread' Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:41 am

Had to Google up ITYM as I had no idea = "I Think You Mean"

So my reply ...

BIWWATS = "Boring If We Were All The Same". tongue
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread'   The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread' Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:42 am

Doesn't Andybloke own a bobble hat like Benny? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread'   The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 'Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Landy Rally Thread'
Page 1 of 1