Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman!

Go down 
+2
BOARMAN
Tom Mc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman! Empty
PostSubject: Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman!   Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:03 pm

I just posted the following in the Teams & Crews section, but have repeated it here as it may get more exposure. Competing at the time with her husband Graham, Linda from Lanarkshire (you'll recall they were the pig farmers from way up there in Scottishland) entered Landy Rally 2008 under the name "Team Bidgimire". She now requires a wee bit of help:-

Opps! A change of marital status means that Linda now finds herself on her own these days (very tactfully put I reckon - official pat on the pack for me), yet fair play, she still wants to compete in LR`09 ... husband or no husband!!! Go girl!

That being the case, she's looking to be a co-driver to some kind soul and she's willing of course to pay half the costs. Anyone interested?

Tell you what, according to last year's results she ain't half bad. Together with her other half they came 3rd overall, and having just looked at the scrutineering sheets from the start line in Calais, if they hadn't forgotten their spare bulb kit (forfeit: -100 points) and had worn their event t-shirts as stated in the rules (forfeit: -100 points each), they would have been runners-up so displacing Kym & Adam in Team Slow 'n' Dirty to third place!

2. Slow 'n' Dirty: 2180

3. Bidgiemire: 1970

Just goes to show!
Back to top Go down
BOARMAN

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman!   Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:59 pm

Graham just argued with this (spare bulb kit), he had three in the car. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.pig-arcs.co.uk
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman!   Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:28 pm

BOARMAN wrote:
Graham just argued with this (spare bulb kit), he had three in the car. Sad

Were any of them for a landrover, though?
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman!   Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:24 pm

Probably spares for the 'ideas light bulb balloon' that magically appeared over their heads as they got a clue right. Must have been happening a lot to finish in third place!

Idea Idea Idea Idea
:queen: :king: :pig: :pig:
Linda, Graham, Harry + Hamish (the wee weaners)

... Team Piggy
Back to top Go down
BOARMAN

PostSubject: Re: Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman!   Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:53 am

Ha ha, well Graham said they were. Well we are trying our hearts out to get sponsorship, what does a gal have to do to get a bit of money Smile
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman!   Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:07 pm

BOARMAN wrote:
Ha ha, well Graham said they were. Well we are trying our hearts out to get sponsorship, what does a gal have to do to get a bit of money Smile

ooer missus! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman!   Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:44 pm

That's true you could be a call girl!

I hear call centres are recruiting at the mo. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tuggy

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman!   Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 3:35 am

and as much free bacon as you like,,,,,,,,,,,,, affraid
Back to top Go down
BOARMAN

PostSubject: Re: Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman!   Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:12 am

If anyone wants us to bring over sausages, chops bacon etc, put your order in. I think we will be able to get away with transporting meat, we were never checked last time. The meat is from free range pigs (grubbing around in the mud!) and knocks spots of supermarket meat.
Back to top Go down
vtecyeah

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-05

PostSubject: landy rally   Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:45 am

hi i relied to the post with an offer to pair up with my jeep, if anyone is interested in pairing up with me im still interested in doing the rally, i can supply the 4X4! thanks
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman!   Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:35 pm

Hiya - Have sent you a PM as two other guys were interested in being Linda's driver. However, now Linda is okay again and back on track (good pun!!!) the idea is to link you three up and see what develops. May be able to form another team, who knows?

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman!   Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Co-driver Linda needs a man - or woman!
Page 1 of 1