Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The next big adventure....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

The next big adventure.... Empty
PostSubject: The next big adventure....   The next big adventure.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:48 pm

Vanessa Lindley a.k.a. 'Lady V' of Team Hard to Handle on LR`08 (part of the self-named Get Lost Crew) just sent me this email. Sure she won't mind me passing it on:-

Hello friends, old and new -

I wanted to let you know I'm off to Africa. It's a dream come true! Through VSO, I've been placed with a charity in Ghana, West Africa. I'll be helping develop their capacity as an organisation to help some of the poorest people in their country make a better life for themselves. So around the 9th September, I'll be jumping on a plane, with all the possesions I think I need for 2 years in West Africa. Scary and amazing at the same time!

It would be great to keep in touch while I'm away. I''ll be living in the capital city, Accra so email shouldn't be a problem and I hope to publish a blog too, with descriptions and photos of my experiences. This will continue to be my email address so I hope to hear from you with your news from time to time too!

Of course, as it's a charity placement, I've agreed to raise some money for them to keep training and sending volunteers like me so when you're feeling generous, please consider making a donation to VSO via my JustGiving page:

http://www.justgiving.com/For-more-volunteers-to-help-overseas

Missing you already!

Love Vanessa xxx

The next big adventure.... Team_h11

The next big adventure.... Tom_s_24

The next big adventure.... Tom_s_25
Back to top Go down

The next big adventure....
Page 1 of 1