Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team LSC is here!

Go down 
+5
VentureOverland
CarpeDiem
Tom Mc
Lu and Tweedie
will_wonka
9 posters
AuthorMessage
will_wonka

will_wonka

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-06-28

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 4:38 pm

Greetings one and all,

A big hello from the 'Lord Snooty Convention'!!

I managed to sneak in at the last minute, thanks for the email update Tom. Lu...thanks to you too, very useful information.

All I have to do now is to get the butler to prep the vehicle 'quick sticks' and get myself ready for the off. It sounds as if it is going to be a great trip and I for one am looking forward to meeting everyone on board. affraid

Good luck with the preparations.
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 5:20 pm

Welcome from team T 'n' T. Have you decided which vehicle to use?

Lu and Tweedie :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 7:39 pm

Well hello and welcome what what? You given Geeves the night orf? Bet you're well peeved you had to type the message yourself what what? Champers at every stop what what? I'm jst back from a live music pub an' pished what what?

What wa sthe question again? drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 11:29 pm

A hearty welcome from team Land Rovers and wine!

All the best, Mark
Back to top Go down
will_wonka

will_wonka

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 6:28 am

Lu and Tweedie wrote:
Welcome from team T 'n' T. Have you decided which vehicle to use?

Lu and Tweedie :bom:

Hi Lu,

I think so! The RRS would be great and rare (especially in HST spec), but common sense prevails and have {probably} decided on the D3 TDV6. cheers

Tom has allowed me a grace period until the end of the month to decide, but I think the D3 will win as I won't care {as much} if it does get damaged etc cheers

The D3 also allows for extra space....the butler & servants need somewhere to stash the dinner service and fine wines! Laughing
Back to top Go down
will_wonka

will_wonka

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 6:32 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Well hello and welcome what what? You given Geeves the night orf? Bet you're well peeved you had to type the message yourself what what? Champers at every stop what what? I'm jst back from a live music pub an' pished what what?

What wa sthe question again? drunken drunken drunken

Jeeves is allowed at least one night off...I am only human, after all! I dictated..... he typed remotely...voila, a forum message....it works well and is all part of the ticket price. :farao:
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 8:42 am

will_wonka wrote:
Greetings one and all,

I managed to sneak in at the last minute, thanks for the email update Tom. Lu...thanks to you too, very useful information.

All I have to do now is to get the butler to prep the vehicle 'quick sticks' and get myself ready for the off. It sounds as if it is going to be a great trip and I for one am looking forward to meeting everyone on board. affraid

Welcome aboard...

I think if you take either vehicle you may find some other vehicles mysteriously stop and need a tow... Particularly on the hot days when your air con will be soooooooo welcome!!

On a more serious note... When you say you need to prep the vehicle, what do you need to do? At the risk of blowing our own trumpet, we may be able to help...

If your going to Billing later this week, drop into the Patriot Roof rack stand and say hi. That goes for everyone else too...

Here's to hoping for a dry Billing without the tornados of last year!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 8:54 am

Tally ho old bean!

Welcome from the short way round - see you in september!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
will_wonka

will_wonka

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 5:12 pm

VentureOverland wrote:
will_wonka wrote:
Greetings one and all,

Welcome aboard...

I think if you take either vehicle you may find some other vehicles mysteriously stop and need a tow... Particularly on the hot days when your air con will be soooooooo welcome!!

On a more serious note... When you say you need to prep the vehicle, what do you need to do? At the risk of blowing our own trumpet, we may be able to help...

If your going to Billing later this week, drop into the Patriot Roof rack stand and say hi. That goes for everyone else too...

Here's to hoping for a dry Billing without the tornados of last year!

Hi VentureO,

I am not quite sure what I need to get done yet, but will keep you in mind. I guess I am thinking about storage mainly as it seems we need to carry some gear for the trip. I am not camping (tried it once) so no need for tent gear etc. The car is being chipped Thursday, which I have just noticed is something that you guys do (apologies, I do not have much patience), I simply looked and ordered on the day of pick up.

I will have a browse of your website to see what goodies may be useful.

Unfortunately, I am in Switzerland this weekend, so unable to visit Billing. Hope all goes well and I will be in touch soon.

Regards,

Snooty.
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 2:18 am

Hi Snooty...

No worries about getting the extra power from elsewhere...

When you say you are getting it "chipped", do you mean simple in box, or an ECU remap?

Only reason I ask is that I would seriously not recommend plug in boxes - they are just too crude in there operation. An ECU remap on the other hand works at the heart of the engine and will give you much a more "better" driving experience.

In a nutshell, plug in boxes allow you to go quicker but dont allow you to have more torque/power, which is the bit you need!

Out of interest, who's doing it for you?

If you'd like to give me a call to discuss the differences between plug in boxes and remaps, feel free.

Have fun in Switzerland... Business or pleasure?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 4:33 am

Hey Snooty,

Just a thought, but if you're worried about the amount of time your butler may have to spend polishing your car if it gets scratched, my graphics sponsor does vehicle wrapping. basically a special layer applied to the entire vehicle to protect paintwork from scratches etc, can be in many colours and/or designs.

might even change your choice of vehicle??

The website is linked from our own, or the specific page is here - http://www.digitalspace-uk.com/product_wraps.php

:arrow:
Back to top Go down
will_wonka

will_wonka

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 3:51 pm

VentureOverland wrote:
Hi Snooty...

No worries about getting the extra power from elsewhere...

When you say you are getting it "chipped", do you mean simple in box, or an ECU remap?

Only reason I ask is that I would seriously not recommend plug in boxes - they are just too crude in there operation. An ECU remap on the other hand works at the heart of the engine and will give you much a more "better" driving experience.

In a nutshell, plug in boxes allow you to go quicker but dont allow you to have more torque/power, which is the bit you need!

Out of interest, who's doing it for you?

If you'd like to give me a call to discuss the differences between plug in boxes and remaps, feel free.

Have fun in Switzerland... Business or pleasure?

Hey Jon,

I actually went for a Spider plug in box which claims increases as follows:

Discovery 3 TDV6 190ps to 233ps & Torque 440Nm to 500Nm

Obviously the proofs in the pudding! I did quite a bit of research on this topic and the sole reason for choosing the plug-in was to save the inconvenience of having to keep getting it re-mapped when the car was serviced etc. They actually brought forward the install to today and I have just come back from a test run........

First impressions, Shocked there is definately a big difference in both the response and mid range power, although they say it takes 50-100 miles for the calibration process to complete, so more gain/s could yet be had (apparently). We will see. It is still no Supercharger equivalent, but I did not expect it to be!! Laughing

I HAVE been offered a re-map for the HST {allegidly} offering a 5.6sec 0-60 time and massive gain of torque. I am obviously tempted, but it is no slouch now and I pretty happy with what I have...its all in the whine of that Supercharger for me!! Wink

WRT the 'cuckoo clock' country visit....pure pleasure! jocolor Off for some glacial skiing and a very relaxing long weekend. Very Happy

Regards,

Snooty.

Wink
Back to top Go down
will_wonka

will_wonka

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 3:58 pm

theshortwayround wrote:
Hey Snooty,

Just a thought, but if you're worried about the amount of time your butler may have to spend polishing your car if it gets scratched, my graphics sponsor does vehicle wrapping. basically a special layer applied to the entire vehicle to protect paintwork from scratches etc, can be in many colours and/or designs.

might even change your choice of vehicle??

The website is linked from our own, or the specific page is here - http://www.digitalspace-uk.com/product_wraps.php

:arrow:

Hey Steve,

That was certainly an interesting read!! Did not know it was possible to do such a thing. confused

Any ideas on cost??
The website seems somewhat lacking WRT any pricing information. I will consider and you never know, it may just sway me into taking the HST after all !! Cool

Regards,

Snooty.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 4:30 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's hope yet then? All digits crossed. Have had a high regard for the RRS ever since driving a pre-production model and an event I organised previously. Can't say any more at the mo, terribly hush hush, maybe plying me with JD 'round the camp fire might do the trick!
Back to top Go down
will_wonka

will_wonka

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 4:40 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's hope yet then? All digits crossed. Have had a high regard for the RRS ever since driving a pre-production model and an event I organised previously. Can't say any more at the mo, terribly hush hush, maybe plying me with JD 'round the camp fire might do the trick!

www.booze.com pale

The JD's on order!! lol!
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 4:17 am

Will give him a ring and find out a ball park price for you!
Back to top Go down
Jabbawok

Jabbawok

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-08-22

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Lord Snooty's co -driver   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 8:44 am

Finally managed to get the time to register.

I will be the co-driver on this team so thought I should at least introduce myself and my day to day car.

In keeping with the LSC best practices, I drive a 4.4 RR Autobiography in Spectral Red (as per the pic) and will be in charge of the LSC wine cellar for the duration of the trip.

See you all there Surprised
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 8:54 am

Welcome aboard!

See you in Calais (quite soon!)

Lu and T :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 12:56 pm

Hi there, and welcome from Team TV4x4. I have only just picked up on this thread. All this talk of BHP and torque on a D3 TV6 Wow. Only figures I can dream about with my 200tdi. I have fitted a larger intercooler, tweaked the pump and given a tad more turbo boost and a K&N air filter. Yes there is an improvement but still no road burner. Does good impressions of Thomas the Tank engine under 2,000rpm. Still makes you drive properly. No electronics on a 200tdi, thank god. Does this make me a technophobe affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 5:16 pm

Welcome to the madhouse Jabbawok. Thought the butler would be organising the wine cellar???

Here, if you're going to be His Lordship's co-driver and your LSC is going to be redundant for a week, how about lending it to Badger (Event Manager) so he can go off-roading and 'laning in it? I'm sure it won't be too badly damaged after he's finished with it! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 8:29 am

Jabbawok wrote:

I will be the co-driver on this team so thought I should at least introduce myself and my day to day car.

Aaaah. Hello!
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Sponsored content

Team LSC is here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team LSC is here!   Team LSC is here! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team LSC is here!
Page 1 of 1