Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New rule No. 6,458 - Digital camers now compulsory

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

New rule No. 6,458 - Digital camers now compulsory Empty
PostSubject: New rule No. 6,458 - Digital camers now compulsory   New rule No. 6,458 - Digital camers now compulsory Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 4:38 pm

Hope you are all in possession of a digital camera, ‘cause you’re gonna need one! Yep, I’m moving the goal-posts again, only I prefer to think of it as ‘evolving’. Well, actually they are not 'compulsory' as such, but if you don't have one you'll miss out big time!

Basically each team will need a digital camera for it will form part of a major task - in other words, oodles of points to be won. Been mulling it over for a while now and wasn’t going to implement it as not everyone owns a digital camera, but seeing how cheap they have become of late, I thought why not? Even the technophobes can handle the cheap, basic models, plus there are now heaps of older versions in secondhand shops and in the local rags. You don't need anything fancy. Providing they take a basic photo and the officials can see that photo either on the camera itself of via one of our laptops, then that's all that is required.

You’re going to love it/hate this task in equal measure. It’s truly evil, one that could only have been thought up by a deranged mind – I’ll take full credit. Twisted Evil

“I just love it when a plan comes together”. bounce bounce bounce

BTW, I shall be writing to all the teams in about two weeks time as a reminder, latest news, etc. Anything you think is relevant to tell folk, please PM me with your ideas/thoughts. I’ll ignore them of course, but you never know until you try.
Back to top Go down
apd2009

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: New rule No. 6,458 - Digital camers now compulsory   New rule No. 6,458 - Digital camers now compulsory Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 12:10 pm

still got my old fashoned camera with film!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Shark: :face:
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: New rule No. 6,458 - Digital camers now compulsory   New rule No. 6,458 - Digital camers now compulsory Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 12:57 pm

apd2009 wrote:
still got my old fashoned camera with film!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Shark: :face:

I've got an old camera phone with a memory card that you can borrow if you need one. It's not great, but it works! :@:

Lu :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: New rule No. 6,458 - Digital camers now compulsory   New rule No. 6,458 - Digital camers now compulsory Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 4:21 pm

Know what you mean mate, but the tasks will only work if the officials can see the 'evidence' in the evening or on the finish line at Calais. Unfortunately no time to get 'real photos' developed in time.

Now if it were 8 countries in 17 days ...
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: New rule No. 6,458 - Digital camers now compulsory   New rule No. 6,458 - Digital camers now compulsory Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 12:53 am

Hi Andy, don't worry Team TV4x4 will have at least 1 if not 2 digi cameras. Now we have 4x4bun on board we may even have navigation by satelite and be connected to this internet thingy. don't ask how it's done , it's all a mystery." Leave it all to the younger generation" is what I say Just got to make sure we can generate enough of this modern electrickery stuff. If you can't see it, it ain't there. I've been told that the best way to find if there is any electrickery is to lick it Surprised . The good doctor Ralph has been performing his magic on the old lady, more fuel, more turbo boost Twisted Evil and he says once we have a turbo boost gauge we can wind it up a bit more. YeHaaaaaaaaa Twisted Evil
G suits maybe necessary.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New rule No. 6,458 - Digital camers now compulsory   New rule No. 6,458 - Digital camers now compulsory Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New rule No. 6,458 - Digital camers now compulsory
Page 1 of 1