Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We did it... We're in the final!!!

Go down 
+6
The bushpigs
CarpeDiem
theshortwayround
Rafe
DrivingMissDaisy
VentureOverland
10 posters
AuthorMessage
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

We did it... We're in the final!!! Empty
PostSubject: We did it... We're in the final!!!   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 3:32 pm

Who'd have thought... England in the Rugby World Cup Final???

Have to say pretty crap game tonight, but nail-biting none the less...

Only wish I could have justified being in Cafe de Paris with you gus to watch it en Francais!

Next weekend will be a good weekend for sport... Rugby & F1 - sport doesnt get much better than that!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
DrivingMissDaisy

DrivingMissDaisy

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: We did it... We're in the final!!!   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 5:48 pm

Watched with the Lost Boys!!! Very good match and very good laugh...nice to meet up with one of the other teams!
hope you all had a top evening.
Clare
"Driving Miss Daisy"
Back to top Go down
Rafe

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: We did it... We're in the final!!!   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 1:20 am

I'll be in a pub in Saint Denis (where the final is) next Saturday!

Probably with a sore backside and a desire to never see my bike again. But got well over £1000 in sponsorship already and I know there's more to come, so it'll be worth it.

Rafe

p.s. Big thanks to all the LandyRally people that sponsored me.
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: We did it... We're in the final!!!   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 8:08 am

What a game eh? i watch some of it on base, listened to the rest on 5-live in the van, and am very gratful to all my patients who decided to be well, and not dial 999 during the game - Thanks!

Bring on the final! will be interesting to see who wins tonight, maybe we can have a re-match with the south africans?

Bushpigs, care to nominate a pub?

:arrow:
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: We did it... We're in the final!!!   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 11:23 am

with the landy behaving well, any one want to get togather in some corner of the UK to watch the game and go laning, just a thought.

i have some good laning routes planned for derbyshire if anyone would be interested

brilliant game although it was a shock to the neighbours to wake up to the big flags on the Landy
cheers kieran Laughing
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: We did it... We're in the final!!!   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 12:00 pm

Great result!

"Bushpigs, care to nominate a pub?"

Yeah cheers

Come and watch England and Argentina in the final!

Razz scratch jocolor or drunken
Back to top Go down
The bushpigs

The bushpigs

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-04-24

PostSubject: [b]Springboks in the Final!!![/b]   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 3:09 am

Yeehaa, hey guys see you on the 20th, :pig:
Unfortunately it is my 10 year wedding anniversary and I have promised the ball and chain a weekend out in a fancy hotel in London, and a show and dinner, what a waste of time, would much rather be in the pub watching the Boks and England beat crap out of each other!!!

Sorry Dear I love you
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

PostSubject: Re: We did it... We're in the final!!!   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 3:14 am

The bushpigs wrote:
Unfortunately it is my 10 year wedding anniversary and I have promised the ball and chain a weekend out in a fancy hotel in London, and a show and dinner, what a waste of time, would much rather be in the pub watching the Boks and England beat crap out of each other!!!

Sorry Dear I love you

I guess congratulations and commiseration's will be in order next weekend then!!!

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rafe

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: We did it... We're in the final!!!   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 3:57 am

The bushpigs wrote:

Sorry Dear I love you

You obviously learnt nothing from me then Smile

Rafe
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: We did it... We're in the final!!!   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 6:31 am

Great match Bushpigs!

Hope it's a better one on Saturday.

All the best, Mark
Back to top Go down
TonySLROC

TonySLROC

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: I want to be there   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 8:16 am

I would love to be there, However as an total england fan i must admit the Bok,s scare the hell out of me. For England to win we have to play the match of our lives. The Africans where awesome last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.totalsolution.co.uk
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

PostSubject: Re: We did it... We're in the final!!!   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 9:02 am

Tony, can't agree more, it's gonna be close, after all, they've beat us once this tournament.

Argies would have been easier, but i guess it's what makes a great game!

Gonna be a nerve racking game i hope! anyone else fancy watching it somewhere near sodbury afterwards? my house is free....
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: We did it... We're in the final!!!   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 12:54 pm

See ya Saturday. Steve affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

PostSubject: Re: We did it... We're in the final!!!   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 3:30 pm

anyone else up for beer and rugby round mine?? prob my local for the beer and the rugby if there is space!!, then back to chateau steve afters...

Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: We did it... We're in the final!!!   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 11:50 pm

Congrats Bushpigs!
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

PostSubject: Re: We did it... We're in the final!!!   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 2:10 am

ah well, have to say it was a good game, luckytrucker and I watched in my local, albeit standing sholder to shoulder as so crowded, but at the end of the day, thought it pains me to say it, the better team of the day won.
Ah well, next time!

Back to top Go down
apd2009

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: We did it... We're in the final!!!   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 5:06 pm

DAM THE BUSHPIGS again tongue Evil or Very Mad drunken affraid
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

PostSubject: Re: We did it... We're in the final!!!   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 12:19 am

credit where its due.... the best team won.
Back to top Go down
The bushpigs

The bushpigs

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-04-24

PostSubject: We won we won   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 3:17 am

cheers

YIPEE!!
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: We did it... We're in the final!!!   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 11:41 pm

Have you noticed now that the world cup is over, so is the rugby fever!

The fact that we've just demolished NZ, again, and won the series seems to be forgotten amongst the footie biased sport pages. Rolling Eyes

Such is life!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: We did it... We're in the final!!!   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 7:31 am

Gotta say I didn't know it was even happening! Strange, just looked it up on the net and found nothing about it. Give me a link Mark so I read all about it.

However, whilst looking it up I did find something interesting connected with England/NZ ... something else I hadn't heard about I bet you hadn't either.

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/main/s245/st116915.htm

NZ's not having a good year!
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: We did it... We're in the final!!!   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 9:54 am

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the link, great stuff!

Here's a link below;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/7074490.stm

Sorry, when I said "we", we being GB, still, it's a long awaited party!

Rose winning the golf, Radcliffe the NY marathon. Crack open a bottle, it's rude not to. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We did it... We're in the final!!!   We did it... We're in the final!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We did it... We're in the final!!!
Page 1 of 1