Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FAO TV 4x4 Club.................

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

FAO TV 4x4 Club................. Empty
PostSubject: FAO TV 4x4 Club.................   FAO TV 4x4 Club................. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:29 am

Hi Gents and Emma,

Saw a letter in the LRO about one of your members (Freelander owner) who's complaining about not getting acknowledged enough.

I'm not fussy, I wave at any Green Oval, unfortunately around here most are driven by little women who can't see over the steering wheel Smile , or self-important business types who don't know/care about the "cult".

But I shall continue to spread the word, and wave.

Incidentally, when I went to Wales; I was told most don't wave, because there's too many Landies. Very Happy Result!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: FAO TV 4x4 Club.................   FAO TV 4x4 Club................. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 5:21 am

Let's face it, with so many Freelander 'soft-roaders', family Discos and money-bags business-type RR owners around these days, the likelyhood of any of them being into off-roading or the LR cult is few and far between.

Nowadays I only bother waving to fellow owners if ...

1. They are in an obvious off-roader (even Jap 4x4's as we all have to present a united front to all the antis out there).

2. ALL Series Land Rovers.

3. Most Defenders - although some turn out to be utility company Landy's whose drivers think you're a nutter.

What with you driving a Series III Mark, I bet loads acknowledge you.
Back to top Go down
Neilb

Neilb

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: FAO TV 4x4 Club.................   FAO TV 4x4 Club................. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 2:54 pm

When I drive my S11B FC Fire Rescue Tender every one looks and waves.

Buy the way Tom still looking to use it on next years Landy Rally.

Just need to find another idiot, sorry I mean CoDriver, a Support Crew and some deep pockets.

Neil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO TV 4x4 Club.................   FAO TV 4x4 Club................. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 3:27 pm

thats hard core Laughing if you use it on the landy rally i am sponsoring you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmmm i wonder why they think toms a nutter Laughing

i wave at most landy and flash spots when i get the time Laughing makes me feel loved

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: FAO TV 4x4 Club.................   FAO TV 4x4 Club................. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 5:14 am

I admire your passion when it comes to the IIb Neil, but if you are seriously still thinking of taking it on LR`08, you ARE a nutter!!!!!!

That said, given the choice reliability-wise between the Fire Rescue Tender and the Pink Fire Hazard ... good choice Neil!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO TV 4x4 Club.................   FAO TV 4x4 Club................. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 11:10 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: FAO TV 4x4 Club.................   FAO TV 4x4 Club................. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 5:25 am

Driving a disco i've found some intersting points with the whole waving culture.

If you have a plain factory set disco, range rover, freelander, chances are you won't get waved at, even factory standard defenders and series get's waves.

If you start putting kit on that can be seen as extras, and therfore linking you to be an enthusiast, then you get waves!

I'll wave at anyone, although if i see it's road standard with female driver, +/- kids, well dressed business man, sometimes i do't as you get funny looks!!

If in doubt, Wave!!

:arrow:
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAO TV 4x4 Club.................   FAO TV 4x4 Club................. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FAO TV 4x4 Club.................
Page 1 of 1