Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tom is OK but no food or water

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Tom is OK but no food or water Empty
PostSubject: Tom is OK but no food or water   Tom is OK but no food or water Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 10:19 am

Not sure if you are aware but Tom is in Malaysia covering the rainforest challenge as the UK rep.

They are currently stranded in the jungle by flooded rivers and washed out bridges.

The main website for the event has all the updates.

Here is the main report

Apparently they are getting the army to do some food parcel drops - Tom has asked for a case of lager and a bottle of JD. no food just alcohol.
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Tom is OK but no food or water   Tom is OK but no food or water Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 10:58 am

Lager and JD? why doesn't that surprise me! i actualy have a bottle for him here, but not sure i can arrange a para drop in time, might get broken...best look after it for now!

:arrow:
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Tom is OK but no food or water   Tom is OK but no food or water Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 2:36 am

Hi all,

Cheers Badger for the post.

Yep, an 'interesting experience' to say the least. Read about the disasters at www.marathonrally.com - a German internet motoring mag that's been reporting on the event as it unfolded. Along with 40 others in the Press Corps I was rescuded by the Malay Fire & Rescue via a fleet of small dinghies as not even the army helicopters could lift us in the monsoon conditions!!!!

According to a Malaysian national newspaper not only were we lost, "the participants were standing on the roof of their 4x4's as the flood waters submerged their vehicles". What a load of tosh! Bloody journalists! Why let the truth stand in the way of a good story? Yes we were rescued, but as for being in danger ... rubbish! Mind you, we had run out of beer at that stage so were getting pretty desperate. Like I said, an 'interesting experience'.

Currently in Thailand at the mo, it's a hard life. Speak to you all when I return approx. 22nd Dec.

Carpe Diem - got your PM. Nice one! As you say, start planning for 2008!!!

Steve - We'll attack your JD soon eh? Another excuse for a party!

HAPPY SHOPPING EVERYONE.
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Tom is OK but no food or water   Tom is OK but no food or water Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 2:30 am

Best of luck Tom! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom is OK but no food or water   Tom is OK but no food or water Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tom is OK but no food or water
Page 1 of 1