Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team Viking Power

Go down 
+5
bofa bill
Tom Mc
CarpeDiem
VentureOverland
Pundka
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Pundka

Pundka

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 1:26 pm

Well this i guess will be your first ever post from Shetland!

We are all new to this so not really sure what to expect apart from a really good time. You all seemed to have a great time last year and with what ive read it sounds brilliant.

So yeh, just thought i'd introduce myself. Can't wait till September to get this thing started!

Cheers
Pundka
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 1:33 pm

Welcome...

You'll certainly have a good time come September... and before also if you catch up with some of the teams at the forthcoming Land Rover Shows.

What vehicle are you taking? Please not a RR Classic - Tom would be unbearable lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 6:17 pm

hello and welcome

look forward to seeing you, hope you will be wearing the horney helmet Laughing

cheers kieran
affraid Monstar
Back to top Go down
Pundka

Pundka

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 10:41 am

We have a 1980 series III so don't worry, it's in fairly good condition just abit of touch ups here and there before it's completely ready.

Not sure wot we'll be wearing yet but the helmets are high on the probabillity list. One thing i can say is that we will do our damnedest to not burn your landys if we come across fire! tongue

Whats the crack with getting down to calais and finding out where we start and how to find that place??
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 10:48 am

Welcome!

Got ashore in the Shetlands myself, a few times, didn't see much beyond the first pub, but had a great time!

"Whats the crack with getting down to calais and finding out where we start and how to find that place??"

PM Tom on this, may be best. Last year most people arrived the day before at the campsite in Calais, many ferry websites aroung, have a look at the forum.

All the best.
Back to top Go down

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 3:51 pm

fire Shocked affraid
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 5:20 pm

cheers A big welcome from yours truly way down on the South Coast. Glad to have you with us, guess fire and horniness are going to play a major part in your participation.

BTW, don't mention fire in front of Kieran, brings him out in a cold sweat!

So, you want to know about Calais. Last year Rafe (my co-driver) and I arrived in Calais on the Thursday, visited my friend at an independent Land Rover garage - who promptly poured VERY large glasses of Ricard for both the of us and insisted we down them there and then – before staggering off to pitch the tent. Meeting up with some of the teams we hit the nearest bar (naturally) before ordering two MPV taxis booked to take us along the coast to Sangatte. Here I had arranged to meet my mates who were on their way to an event for old bangers entitled Scally Rally … now you know what inspired me to call our little event Landy Rally! I know we all had a great night, but don’t remember too much about the return journey or the rest of the night. Apparently we went back to the Café de Paris, the bar owned by another off-roading friend, where we stayed a fair ol’ while, before somehow ending up in the back of my mate’s Luton-bodied Transit where we carried on the session until the early hours.

Did manage to top even that on the Friday night for we carried on until 5am in the Café de Paris, then up again at 8am for scrutineering and so forth. Crazy couple of days, but good practice for the week ahead.

That’s basically what we get up to pre-event, joins us if you dare!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil drunken Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 5:10 am

hello,
seems like the 1980's was the best year for building of land rovers Laughing
what engine are you running in your landy?

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

Registration date : 2007-12-12

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 6:49 am

Gosh , I am tee total'sh Tom.
weil, 'sh.geek

Think we are planning thursday also.

My Lady wants to know if you rape and pillage'
and how much resistance will she need to put up. :suspect:
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 2:03 pm

Hi and welcome to the mad house :king:

Maybe we wont be last in at night affraid :bball: geek

Crazy~Johno

Team Monstar
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
Pundka

Pundka

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 12:45 pm

I have a good old Ford transit engine running my land rover Kieran, thats what was in it when i bought it and have come to learn it is more eco friendly that way too. Smile

As for bofa bill and his ladys worries....you don't really want to know what we get upto, Vikings can be very ruthless beings. Luckily for all of you though is that we have been domesticated ever so slightly. Laughing

Now then crazy johno, you better not be a pirate as vikings and pirates don't get on very well.....in fact it's been known that vikings will burn any pirate stupid enough to cross a viking alive!!! Hahaha

I entered this rally thinking that my team would probably be the youngest team entering, glad to know that their are some of you that are around the same age. Nothing against any of you old boys of course. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 5:54 pm

Oi, I'll have you know us Old Gits can still hold our own, and very often have to as it happens! Crying or Very sad

I had a Transit 2.5 DI diesel-powered RR Classic once, although I use the term 'powered' losssely. Not bad on fuel but the damn thing used to panic when faced with any sort of incline on a motorway or long climb. VERY embarassing actually, for I'd have fully-laden artics, caravans and even milk floats passing me - well, slight exagaration with the milk floats part but it would have happend if they were allowed on motoways! The gearing was obviously all wrong, has yours been adapted to take the Ford motor?
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: ** WARNING **   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 3:23 am

Hmmmm i can see some amusment here...

The already established Pirate community, and the new comers of the Vikings...
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 8:05 am

No need to get the Viking's all 'fired up' Steve, altough doubtless you'll say they won't be a 'patch' on the Pirates! Razz
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:55 pm

im just the little monkey running round who likes to dress up :cyclops: ( i have different outfits cheers

oww another team of young people
Monstars have a combined age of 74 (looks for a calculator) between the 4 of us, im sure those sylki white road runners can double that! and theres only 2 of then jocolor lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 4:00 am

i dont know what your moaning about tom, tour busses reguarily over take me on the motoway, isnt that normal? Laughing
Back to top Go down

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 8:44 am

when you say young, how young are you?

cheers kieran affraid
Back to top Go down
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 9:49 am

Welcome Vikings from team "bling 'n' well up 4 it" bounce
lets keep these team entries coming from Scotland and we'll soon be able to have our own rally from Scotland to Dover!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chas.com
Pundka

Pundka

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 4:10 am

I have the same 2.5 diesel engine in mine. As soon as i stick the thing in forth it goes into cruz mode and doesn't have any power, so thinking we will mite have a little trouble in the mountainous regions. tongue

Our combined age is 83 so you beat us on that i'm afraid, i'm the oldest at 23 and our youngest member will 18 by then. You know how you would associate youth with speed and old with slow.....well think we're the exception allthough that won't be through lack of trying as i think we'll be stuck around the 40mph region. Laughing

Yeh, that would kick off the rally brilliantly having our own little scottish rally to dover. bring on the scottish masses!!
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

Registration date : 2007-12-12

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 4:20 am

Guess ill be oan me ain scotty rally comeing from Poole area.
no doubt following Tom.
Heres a couple from me previous.
(If someone can resize the first foto please do. I dont know how to)
Team Viking Power 000_0132
Team Viking Power Bofa2
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:15 am

Arggggggghhhhhh ... Rebuild Hadrian's Wall!!!!!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 12:50 pm

To resize a photo open it with Paint from Edit select all then drag the bottom right hand corner towards the top left. When it is the size you want click somewhere in the newly exposed white bit then drag the bottom right corner of the frame to the bottom right corner of the newly sized picture. Then save. You can make a picture quite small like this but you will lose quality as it gets smaller (ask the wife she will confirm this)

I would translate into Scots for you but Ah dunna naw awl the wuds
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
Sponsored content

Team Viking Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Viking Power   Team Viking Power Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Viking Power
Page 1 of 1