Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits

Go down 
+2
bofa bill
Mel_f
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mel_f

Mel_f

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-09-02

Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits Empty
PostSubject: Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits   Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 2:22 pm

Hi All
We have our first fund raising event heading rapidly towards us having booked a pitch at the local May Fair on the 5th May and I want to get the Landy Logoed up with a few names and the "Landy Rally" name.

Tom - do we still have some arrangement with custom vinyls ?

Anyone else know where we can get logos done from standard PC documents and pictures ?

Any help advice please let me know

I will give you an update of our plans for fund raising in a week or so - just confirming few things first.

Mel

Last edited by Mel_f on Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits   Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 2:50 pm

PM me yer addy and I can send you some bofa/;andyt rally
BOFA4x4 stickies

and a macmillan sticker if it takes away the empty look.

wills
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
Mel_f

Mel_f

PostSubject: Re: Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits   Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 2:59 pm

Hi Bill,

Just sent PM

Sure we can squeeze a MacMillam sticker on somewhere Laughing

Do you know anywhere to get our sponsor ones done ?

Mel
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits   Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 3:01 pm

Yep, preferential rates from Lee of Custom Vinyl. Lee might be able to help with the logo as well, if not then how about Andybloke? Find one of his posts and PM him.

Surely the Scouts could supply some stickers?
Back to top Go down
Mel_f

Mel_f

PostSubject: Re: Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits   Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 3:07 pm

Thanks Tom - will talk to Lee or Andy Bloke

The Scout association has loads of stickers and logos - but we are modifying them a bit to show the ScoutAbout team. There a couple of others that we will need as we look like we are getting some interest from a couple of businesses - more news shortly :?:

Mel
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits   Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 3:12 pm

Fingers crossed mate! Wink
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits   Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 4:38 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
Lee might be able to help with the logo as well, if not then how about Andybloke?

My printer's knackered. Sorry. It's given up the "gently apply ink" thing, and started firing it like paintballs at the vinyl.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits   Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:15 pm

Be a bit careful with basic computer graphics what looks great in Paint etc on a relatively small screen doesnt always look so good expanded on a big sticker
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits   Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 3:08 pm

If the printer doesn't start behaving itself I'll be taking option 2 ... Laser printer, quality paper, clear vinyl to stick it to the landy Smile
Back to top Go down
Mel_f

Mel_f

PostSubject: Re: Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits   Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 3:43 pm

Hi all

Hadn't considered printing them on a printer myself confused

Will have a look at what is available in sticky back plastic - given that my landy is Green (like Red :?: ) would have to print on White not clear or print White on Clear - or am I confused confused confused confused

Mel
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits   Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 4:04 pm

Quote :
If the printer doesn't start behaving itself I'll be taking option 2 ... Laser printer, quality paper, clear vinyl to stick it to the landy

Did exactly this a few years back when my mate Wayne and myself set up the D.O.R.A. (Disabled Off Road Access) charitable group and set off to Morocco in two Rangies. Have to say they didn't look too special, but if that's all you can afford, then you gotta do it. Better that than nothing!

My advice? If getting a freebie off your local graphics/vinyl lettering company isn't going to happen - and you're dead lucky if you have two or more in your locality as the competition between them will be fierce - then speak to Lee at Custom Vinyl. Providing you are not talking about a complicated logo and just lettering, it won't cost much at all. Me I would rather have quality basic lettering on mine rather than some flash complicated design that looks amateurish; that's just me.
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits   Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 1:50 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Quote :
Laser printer, quality paper, clear vinyl to stick it to the landy

Did exactly this a few years back when my mate Wayne and myself set up the D.O.R.A. (Disabled Off Road Access) charitable group and set off to Morocco in two Rangies. Have to say they didn't look too special, but if that's all you can afford, then you gotta do it. Better that than nothing!

The printing on BJ's landy last year was produced by a sign company, who printed onto white vinyl, then covered it with clear vinyl... It looked kinda nasty close up, but okay from a distance... looked just like paper suck down with that clear stuff you cover kids textbooks with.

You can get roll ends of decent white or clear vinyl from sign shops, or ebay. If you wanted to make your own transparent signage, you can get overhead projector transparencies for laser or inkjet printers at places like Staples or Viking Direct.
Back to top Go down
loncbt

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits   Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 4:05 pm

Another to try is Fast Impressions here in South Wales, they are good friends of mine and have always done my stickers.

Bill has also had a lot done by them as has TPB4x4, tell them Ian the bt man recommended them and i'm sure they'll sort you out...

http://fastgraphix.googlepages.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.swporc.co.uk
bofa bill

bofa bill

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits   Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 4:53 pm

better still, tell lee that BOFA 4x4 telt ye tae fone them.

Lee's ever so good.
defo worth a fone call.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com

PostSubject: Re: Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits   Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 6:34 pm

Quote :
better still, tell lee that BOFA 4x4 telt ye tae fone them.

Lee's ever so good.
defo worth a fone call.

yes he is defo a great chap, he sorted me out with a orange t-shirt to run the half marathon in, landy rally sponsors aswell so should get a good deal

best of luck

kieran
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits   Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Logo's Stickers and Vinyl bits
Page 1 of 1