Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007

Go down 
+2
LuckyTrucker
Tom Mc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007   Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 7:39 am

Just to let you all know, I shall be at the Heritage Land Rover Weekend, Gaydon, Warwickshire 5th – 6th May 2007.
See www.hlrw.co.uk for details.

I will be sheltering from the sun/wind/rain/snow on a Trade Stand pitch kindly supplied by the Heritage Centre. Look for the Landy Rally banner in suitably loud orange and white.

The weekend comprises of a host of activities together with a fair few Trade Stands/autojumble. There is also camping should you wish to down a bottle or two. As usual I’ll be at the forefront of any silliness so why not stay over and enjoy the party. Just bring a camp bed, some warm bedding and your favourite tipple and I can supply a solid, secure(ish) mini-marque to rest your weary bones, and plenty of slurrrrrred speech to pass the night away. Actually, there is a Curry & Quiz Saturday evening, so it would be good to enter a Landy Rally team in the quiz! COME ON DOWN!!!

If attending just on the Sunday, don’t forget the ever-popular Heritage Land Rover Run arrives in Gaydon at 11am. Setting off from the Land Rover factory at Solihull, it proceeds down the M40 to the Heritage Centre. It’s good for filming the procession upon their arrival if you’re that way inclined.

My advice? Either set off from Lode Lane, Solihull at the same time as the convoy (you’ll have to contact the Heritage Centre to find out the exact time) and overtake the entire column of vehicles to arrive at the Heritage Centre before them, or simply go direct to the Heritage Centre and await their arrival. Be warned though, make certain you do beat them there or you’ll have to wait until the entire procession is in before you can gain entry.

Whatever day you arrive, obviously come and say hello. You can’t miss me, I’ll be the one distributing thousands of Landy Rally flyers and selling hundreds of sweatshirts!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007   Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 4:49 am

Great news! bounce bounce bounce Have just had confirmation from a good friend (Fred Bolton - a man who just happened to have saved my life once upon a time) that he's bringing an exceptional vehicle along to the party at Gaydon! A real brute, it's a somewhat modified Series I that has been converted into a bit of a monster. Featuring a massive V8 engine, slighty-bigger-than-normal tyres, axles that cost £2,000 each, etc., it was built specifically for tackling Mud Runs at shows, so for him to venture out knowing there is no Mud Run and it will be static a good part of the weekend is a real coup ... not to mention bloody nice of him!

I tell you what, it is impressive. At a guess I would say it is 10ft tall, 8ft wide, 15ft long, the tyres alone are probably 4ft tall, so 'impressive' is a good way to describe it - ‘awsome’ would be even better! Kids love it, adults are just plain jealous!!! Join us.
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007   Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 7:35 pm

Hi Tom, maybe I will see if I can get up for this one, might even drag Andy along as well. Will you take our entrance fee and application? All depends on what sort of day we have at Broxhead and what time we get finnished there.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007   Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 5:07 pm

No problem, it'll be good to see you again it you can make it.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007   Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 2:21 pm

Well, just got back from the Land Rover Weekend at the Motor Heritage Centre, Gaydon, Warwickshire. Why have I only just returned? I stopped off at the pub where my daughter’s standing in as locum manager, and it’s somewhere I suspect you lot would like. Located in Bicester Road (the M40 end of town), at any one time The Hop Pole Inn boasts at least a dozen real ales, the pub advertising itself as Aylesbury’s Permanent Beer Festival.

Can’t say I remember too much about my visit as was supping a beer called No.8 (I recall it was 5% in strength, but can’t even remember the brewery – hic!) but a good time was had by all … I think?

Anyway, the Land Rover Weekend. It all went extremely well, with a new sponsor supporting the event and yet more teams booking up. As for those of you who have already booked, more good news. Heard of a chap called Fred Bolton? Some of you will definitely know him from a host of events over the years, from Weston Park through to Towcester. He’s the mad off-roader with the massive 5 litre V8 powered Series I standing on 44 inch tyres, winches front & rear, on-board compressor, etc. Well, he has offered himself and his vehicle as the Landy Rally Recovery Vehicle, so will bring up the rear of the event as a ‘sweeper’ vehicle, thus ensuring everyone will have back-up should things go pear-shaped. Things just keep getting better and better!
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007   Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 5:29 pm

Why doesn't my daughter run a pub drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007   Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 5:52 pm

As it happens she's just getting into running pubs, so is learning the ropes at the Hop Pole Inn while her bosses at the Vale Brewery purchase a pub in the Oxford area and refurbish it for Bonnie and her boyfriend to take over on a permanent basis. When this happens I'll let everyone know for the opening do (any excuse for a party) and from then on we'll all have a friendly 'off-roaders welcome' boozer to call into from time to time.

Even better, they have just bought a 90 and are already talking about coming on the Landy Rally! TWO McGuigan's to cope with? That'll freak you out.
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007   Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 9:38 am

Not two mcgoos on the same roads at the same time, i'll radio ahead and let the authorities know!! silent
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007   Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 10:00 am

Smile scratch affraid

All the best & cheers
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007   Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 10:26 am

Excellent, hmmm wonder how many Firkins you can get in the back of a 90?

My little sister lives in oxford as a Physio student, and it's close enough for me to go to a pub there, looking forward to an off road friendly pub!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007   Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 7:24 pm

Excellent, but a bit concerned she's a psycho student! By all means call in. They will be surprised but I guarantee they’ll delighted you've made the effort.

How many firkins can you get in the back of a 90? Don't be silly, it's obvious, we all know it's a firkin lot!

As for Chaos - Mcgoooooooooos rule ... okay? (it's an old 80's Cockerney fing, you would'nt understand).
Back to top Go down
apd2009

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007   Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 5:10 am

Not 2 mc goneagains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But at least Bonny is a lot easier on the old mincepies than Tom Twisted Evil lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007   Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Second event coming up Sat & Sun 5-6 May 2007
Page 1 of 1