Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is everyone ready coz im not....

Go down 
+8
Lizzytish
Badger
bofa bill
Tom Mc
Bling 'n' well up 4 it
VentureOverland
The Lamb Chops
The slow & dirty gang
12 posters
AuthorMessage
The slow & dirty gang

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Is everyone ready coz im not.... Empty
PostSubject: Is everyone ready coz im not....   Is everyone ready coz im not.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 12:17 pm

Just wondering if everyone is all ready for the off, because i havent even started packing stuff yet....................
Gunna get cracked on 2nite and hopefully it will all come together nicely (or maybe not)
See ya all soon
Kym xx
Back to top Go down
The Lamb Chops

The Lamb Chops

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ready coz im not....   Is everyone ready coz im not.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 1:10 pm

Havn't packed.

No dosh yet.......

Front axle full of what lookes like cream of mushroom soup thanks to the floods.......

We'll get there though!!! Cool cheers
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ready coz im not....   Is everyone ready coz im not.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 1:15 pm

Never heard of watery oil described as mushroom soup before Laughing I like it though... mushroom soup that is!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
The Lamb Chops

The Lamb Chops

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ready coz im not....   Is everyone ready coz im not.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 1:21 pm

Laughing Glad you appreciate my stoopid sense of humour Jon (Think ive been on the spanners for too long....the industry has warped my mind)

Seems some muppet has snapped the axle breather off about halfway down the hockey stick hence axle and hubs being full of mushroom soup after a swim! Mad
Back to top Go down
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ready coz im not....   Is everyone ready coz im not.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:30 pm

We're the same, not started packing, not got money yet, not organised travel insurance yet, not bought food yet......need I go on!!

Landy is ready though so that's one thing I suppose! cheers

Really mucked up work wise coz made an appointment in Perth at 2.30 on Thursday afternoon which is 2 hours NORTH of me, meaning a 2 hour drive home to jump in the Landy and head SOUTH!!! Sad Sad Sad Sad That's wot you call bad planning!!!!

D
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chas.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ready coz im not....   Is everyone ready coz im not.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 3:12 pm

A million and one things to do, but hey, you'd expect that from Tom McGuigan - the Disorganiser Razz

Be afraid kiddies, be very afraid affraid affraid affraid

Last edited by Tom Mc on Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ready coz im not....   Is everyone ready coz im not.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 3:15 pm

almost ther, but then the story of me life, watch oot Keiran.

last neets work the neet then all the packing is booked for tomorrow.
what I canny get in will be left in the wobblybox friday morn.

Hamble here we come (Thursday)

Meet up with 2 sponsors, sit ootside the wobbly box, light blue touch paper and start to remember what we haiv forgotten.

arghhhh
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: glad it is not just me   Is everyone ready coz im not.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 3:46 pm

really glad it is not just me that is not ready yet....

so much stuff to do, 2 days of real work and another visit to the mending man to do a couple of last bits tomorrow night.

am doing packing and have written 4 different lists

clothes
stuff i need to take
stuff i need to buy including food items
stuff to put in RR.

will see if it all gets done......
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ready coz im not....   Is everyone ready coz im not.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:13 pm

only 4 lists? I've got 4 lists of lists!
Back to top Go down
Lizzytish

Lizzytish

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ready coz im not....   Is everyone ready coz im not.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:17 pm

Dare I say it....we're not looking too bad! Ian's sorted the truck out, and did another check tonight plus a few other little jobs. We got food sorted in 1 small box, medical stuff in another, clothes in another(although not all clothes sorted yet!), um....kids stuff sorted,sleeping bags and tent and scamping stuff all sorted ready to go in roof box..........Jeez i sound so organised! Somethings bound to go wrong!!!!

I have to get currency tomorrow....all paperwork sorted and put into files.

Tip....our bank advised us that we should let our local branch know what countries we are travelling to and leave contact numbers with them, cos sometimes they put a block on cards that are used abroad. There should be a number you can ring from abroad and they will ask you some security questions and when you answer them, they will unblock your card. W are with Natwest, so its just a warning x
Back to top Go down
http://www.swporc.co.uk
Wurzel

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ready coz im not....   Is everyone ready coz im not.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:36 pm

I've developed a rather nasty clunk and it seems to be coming from the steering box so that has to be changed. I could of gone to Austrailia for a month on what I've spent on this little jaunt. Managed to get the auxillary tank in, and it worked first time. I can know re-fuel (in-flight) without stopping and should be able to get all the way to Andorra on one fill of my homebrew.
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ready coz im not....   Is everyone ready coz im not.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:57 pm

Pest.....At work the noo and ah canny get me 40 winks for Bling davey txt'n me.
Yawn..........
Back to top Go down
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ready coz im not....   Is everyone ready coz im not.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:09 pm

bofa bill wrote:
Pest.....At work the noo and ah canny get me 40 winks for Bling davey txt'n me.
Yawn..........

Yer no meant tae be having 40 winks...yer meant to be working!! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chas.com
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ready coz im not....   Is everyone ready coz im not.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:55 pm

Lizzytish wrote:

Tip....our bank advised us that we should let our local branch know what countries we are travelling to and leave contact numbers with them, cos sometimes they put a block on cards that are used abroad. There should be a number you can ring from abroad and they will ask you some security questions and when you answer them, they will unblock your card. W are with Natwest, so its just a warning x

Good advice that. I normally dont bother speaking to the banks but ALWAYS inform Barclaycard of which countries i'll be going through and over what dates - i.e. 10 countries, 13-19th September.

That way "...for everything else, there's VISA"!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ready coz im not....   Is everyone ready coz im not.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 5:59 am

[quote="Tom Mc"]A million and one things to do, but hey, you'd expect that from Tom McGuigan - the Disorganiser Razz

I like that that a lot. I have been accused of being irresponsible for doing the TV4x4 Club stuff. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ready coz im not....   Is everyone ready coz im not.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 7:13 am

I can now start the preparations - Kieran has gone so only Lenny to think about. Still at least I havent got to change the bulkhead, only wire up two more lights, get drivers headlight to work, fit the ladder (for flag attachment) check all fluids etc I probably won't bother welding the big hole in the back door frame. I think Mrs Ditch Diver will start packing soon ......
Still no hurry not leaving until Friday OMG thats only the day after tomorrow affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ready coz im not....   Is everyone ready coz im not.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:44 am

Mrs Ditch Diver is starting to make lists - shopping lists of wot the little monstars have forgotten! Miss Manda decided to send a text at 3.34am (which woke me up0 because she left her coat behind ! Pinky has left most of it's gear box fluid in England and someone forgot the headache pills !

Perhaps I ought to add of all the things We thought we had but have already made their way to Calais in Pinky !!!! such as the kettle and gas bottles not to mention the cooking ring ! (I need coffee in the morning !!)

Oh yes and I need to collect some Euros as well.

Well if we forget anything France I believe does have the odd shop or two !

See you all on Friday
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ready coz im not....   Is everyone ready coz im not.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:50 am

I bets ye were sorry to see them go.
Those tears in yer eyes were tears of?????

hehehe

aye they sent me a txt also at that time.
Mind ye I was working, still woke me up tho. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ready coz im not....   Is everyone ready coz im not.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is everyone ready coz im not....
Page 1 of 1