Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monstar / Roadrunners

Go down 
+2
Lu and Tweedie
andybloke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Monstar / Roadrunners Empty
PostSubject: Monstar / Roadrunners   Monstar / Roadrunners Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 3:20 am

I had several rather short phonecalls from Kieran lastnight...tunnels, mountains, something kept cutting him off.

3 Breakdowns yesterday (monday)...
Pinky needed a new clutch cylinder, and then a battery ground strap, while the Roadrunners suffered a broken propshaft.

They are also maintaining radio silence at the moment, as the wiring's so bad the CB doesn't transmit properly if the engine is running.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Monstar / Roadrunners   Monstar / Roadrunners Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 2:46 pm

Oh dear. Come on guys you can do it!

Lu :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Monstar / Roadrunners   Monstar / Roadrunners Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:27 am

Doesn't sound too good but you know those with the "BULLDOG SPIRIT" I am sure it won't be a problem :bball: :bball: :bball:
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Monstar / Roadrunners   Monstar / Roadrunners Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:51 pm

Just to let you know we managed to get both vehicles back to Mansfield on Saturday evening without any further problems and on Sunday we could actually hear Kieran over the CB whilst going to Uni with him.

Whilst we were unlucky enough to suffer several breakdowns, I would just like to thank Fred and Dom for all their help with detaching the propshaft by the side of the motor way in France and then for fitting a new clutch slave cylinder to Kieran's Landrover (I'm not sure where the part came from but a BIG THANK YOU to you as well)

We then met a back street fabricator in Andorra who made us a new breakpipe for 20 euros. Thanks to John, Stu, Adam and everyone else who helped to get us back on the road in Spain.

And finally when the trailing arm decided it had had enough of being attached to the discovery, thanks to Sebastian and his father who cleared a space in their workshop to weld it back on. Come and see us when you come over to England.

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone who helped us out with the mechanics. despite all of this I still had a really wonderful experience and probably would do it all again. After all who could forget the Garvia Pass, Stelvio Pass and all those Ferraris coming down the Swiss Pass. ??
Back to top Go down
Dean McGuigan

Dean McGuigan

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Monstar / Roadrunners   Monstar / Roadrunners Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:45 am

Glad all the trials n tribulations were worth it in the end and glad your thinking about doing it all over again, some things just have to be done!!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Monstar / Roadrunners   Monstar / Roadrunners Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 1:40 pm

True, more problems this year than `07, but then again you had twice as much chance of breakdowns given that you had two vehicles this time around! But hey, with a little help from your friends, you both got there in the end - that is what matters!

Wasn't Sebastian helpful? Austria I recall, and what good English he spoke. Nice guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monstar / Roadrunners   Monstar / Roadrunners Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monstar / Roadrunners
Page 1 of 1